Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Is this being played on Ship of Harkinian? It feels like it's running really smoothly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Yelling at the screen when you took the Owl.

I think that's meant as a shortcut back a little later in the game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Is the Big Octo fight modded? I've literally never seen the teleport or the electric jellyfish show up.

Also the Great Fairy of Magic has given you both your spells so far, but the Great Fairy of Power gave you the spin attack!

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 19, 2023

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Genuinely having so much fun with how shocked the crew was with the time skip.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
TAKE THE INSIDE LINE FRENZY OH GOD.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I..

I've played Ocarina of time like 10+ times and I had no idea about the secret room in the Fire temple.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

EricFate posted:

"Oh look, the sun ... can we shoot at it?" was such a perfect moment.

I saw this comment before I watched the video.

It's an understatement.

What on earth happened?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
The hammer is just completely inconsistent for me on Dark Link.

On the N64 version on the Switch Virtual console, Dark Link will just straight block the hammer with his shield every time, no problem. And every time I see an LP like this batter him with it I wonder if I was imagining things until the next time I play and bam, he whips out his shield again.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Once again I am wowed by tech in shown in this LP.

I had no idea that you could see Dead Hands with the lens of truth and again, I've played this game a lot.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
The adult dungeons trend towards increasing complexity to access the dungeon, with the first two being relatively simple methods of getting an item and then beelining to the dungeon. The water temple introducing the concept of a mini dungeon but little else, the shadow temple similarly having a mini dungeon, but with a small puzzle and time travel to open it and now finally, the spirit temple which has the Gerudo hideout, then the haunted wasteland and then a dungeon integrated with the temple itself.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
The intense debate over the morality of returning the gauntlets is what I'm here for.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Ah guys the Tarzan mechanism awaits in Wind Waker and Twilight princess.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

I wonder if this is just a product of simplified game design. Must be annoying to design dungeons where you have options, but that don't potentially screw you over or render the dungeon mostly optional (like the bottom of the well).

It's likely a product of all the issues around the water temple. The big problem there is you can go like three rooms deep into the Dark Link area only to find a locked door, ditto the boss key area.

And it turns out doing tonnes of work only to have to turn around and go back the way you came is pretty demoralising.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
The loving *cackle* after "We've got a lure you might be interested in," is emblematic of why this LP rules.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Just a note as I'm watching.

You can also use the spin attack to bounce back all the projectiles on his charge attack.

And you can use Light Arrows to stun Ganon Phase 2 so you can get at his tail easier!

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Honest to god I would just love to see the girls react to Gerudo Town in BotW.

Anyway, this LP was outstanding. I've looked forward to it every Tuesday and I've learnt a tonne about my favourite game of all time from watching along as well.