Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

This is the most embarrassing thing I have ever read lmaooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/Leo_Puglisi6/status/1662291364007272450?t

"As an american"

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

a strange fowl posted:

a lot of white australians slip into this horrible broad cockney-adjacent fake accent when they feel challenged and want to keep control of the situation without looking like they're panicking. it's like people who whistle when they're nervous, they're like "oh it makes me look chill and laid back" but actually it's more excruciating for everyone then if they just screamed and threw poo poo like normal people

Shogi posted:

when you put in a car insurance claim in Australia you have to estimate the speed the guy that hit you was doing. The options are like normal, fast, excessive and ‘hoon’

hosed up things Australians do

I'm Australian and not heard of either of these so uhh, do we add "making up things about Australia to the list?

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

An American once told me that pizza was an American invention

I always thought that was pretty hosed up lol

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Pizza was invented in Naples lmao

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

be that as it may

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

nice obelisk idiot posted:

after unification, italy was looking to roll out the sardinia-piedmontese anti-homosexuality laws nationwide. but they remembered the neapolitans, and were like wait. this is never going to work. and the south got an exemption

They still invented pizza

post COVID posted:

colonize threads. this is an american chat thread now.

No! No!!!!

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

I'm reading this as there was pizza everywhere yet the Americans were like can you believe there's no loving pizza here because none of the places serving it had the Pizza Hut roof

Same

In Australia we invented the Chiko roll, but we don't go around claiming we invented the Chinese spring roll lol

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I've never ever been asked what illness I had after a sickie

It's hosed up if they ask each other that!!

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

italians did not invent pizza

that's hosed up

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

defend unlimited PTO as if it's a preferable system to accrued leave that can't be taken off you lol

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

loving Gordon Ramsey whenever I see him on something pisses me off so bad with this and also paste-o

We are a sick broken people but neither of these words need or deserve two syllables

You also say aluminium wrong hth

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

who cares that's not hosed up

It's hosed up that you don't see how hosed up that is

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Not that I'm a big pommy defender or anything, but they did invent the English language

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

they're right about aluminium (who says "plutonum" or "sodum?") and centre (it's spelled central not centeral) and bin (my rubbish bin is 100% plastic and can not be a can)

And many other things, also

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

hosed up

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

IUPAC is right

It's this

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

It's you, op

Edit: second hand meat mouth lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

MadSparkle posted:

lol American "cheese"

hosed up things Americans do: have food substitutes they have to put in quotation marks