Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ELP, Suzuki/Desperado/Narita and Ishii are the challengers for Tama, The House and Zack respectively I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

LIJ need to sweep the Kongoh dorks 5-0

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

I mean, during the press conference interruption, the Kongoh lads ended up looking like shouty clowns.

Getting into a promo battle with Naito or Shingo individually is probably gonna end up in you getting embarrassed. Trying to do both at once is always going to make you look like a clown.

Kenoh’s whole gimmick is always gonna lean into him looking like a clown tbf

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1611533153243627521?s=46&t=T3LXGFahO4ccPG7bH4hd5A

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/takamiohbari/status/1611988441721622529?s=46&t=6VfcmJl0wzWNBITa56r3Tw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Glad to know that Karl Anderson is innocent for the faction breaking up

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

New Beginning cards are out. Not gonna post everything but here are the main matches

Nagoya: Shingo/O-Khan KOPW
Sapporo Night 1: Catch 2/2 vs Just 2 Guys, Ospreay/Taichi, Naito/Shota
Sapporo Night 2: Bishamon/TMDK, Zack/Ishii, Hiromu/YOH
Osaka: Wato/Ishimori, Suzuki, Despe & Ren/HOT, KENTA/Tana, Hikuleo/Jay, ELP/Tama, Okada/Shingo

Looking at the tour shows, Fujita is teaming with TMDK on all of them so he’s a proper member and this isn’t just a bit Zack is doing. Despe/Suzuki/Narita are teaming with Honma and YLs so I guess they’re in Hontai

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 10, 2023

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Sapporo Night 1 is gonna be so good

I was already going to Sapporo for the snow festival so I’m glad they gave me a good one

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nagoya: 1/22
Sapporo: 2/4, 2/5
Osaka: 2/11

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SRS getting scoops that both Hikuleo and Jay are leaving feels like the company are leaking false info to make the match more unpredictable on at least one of them

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Connors was in the BOSJ, I think?

He was. He didn’t have a really outstanding one. His best matches have been with heavyweights. I think he really should be an underdog heavy tbh because it suits him better. It’s not as if he’s gonna reach the top in either division

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

baka fwocka fwame posted:

a key person that can lose a lot of g1 matches without much booking discrepancy

Ishii can basically fill that role now

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/takamiohbari/status/1613161447537922048?s=46&t=MrytQd_pN4hZXpNpBJnv7g

Ohbari saying that even though he has the backing of the government, cheering is still up to the owners of the venues as it is their property. He will continue to negotiate with every building that NJPW go to and will report on the ones that acquiesce

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NJPW already managed to invoke the wrath of the Sasha stans (Mercedes marks?) by announcing an IWGP World Title match for BitV

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ohbari secured cheering for Yokohama Arena

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shingo and O-Khan just had a press conference for their KOPW match next week with rules proposals

O-Khan - KO, TKO and tap out only
Shingo - 30 count fall

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

O-Khan’s stip won which means that his KOPW match with Shingo Takagi will be an MMA match with the number one contendership on the line

BrigadierSensible posted:

I just found out that on Saturday the 4th of Feb NJPW is doing a show in Sapporo, (about an hour by train from where I live), AND in Melbourne, (where I was born).

I think it is a cool thing. Even though nobody I know back home gives even half a poo poo about Japanese wrestling and so probably won't go.

I will be at one of these shows.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

J4G logo from the official site

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/510njpw/status/1614980915893252096?s=46&t=FaVU0rxEe3r_8--2QhpikA

Hirooki Goto tried to announce his contract renewal but he spelled his own name wrong in the tweet

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Don’t like the chances of it making it to World when World is part owned by TV Asahi

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_9y8-bacsk

Finally

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NJPW announced Sakura Genesis as cheering already

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1615976384610045952?s=46&t=wEoYq7KOo6ubXpi8IzG4zA

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

baka fwocka fwame posted:

yea i thought there would be more posts didn’t they just do night 2? was it dope

There was a separate thread for it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

New Beginning in Nagoya starting

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ren getting his theme played over Suzuki and Despe is pretty big

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kento and Nakajima in the same match is big

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ZSJ has completely reshaped TMDK in his image lol

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Last being in quotation marks cracks me up, Muta already hedging his bets :lol:

I’ve figured the play. After Okada beats Shingo, Naito challenges him for Battle in the Valley. Naito beats Okada and makes his match with Muto into an IWGP World title match. Muto wins and says he can’t retire until he loses the belt. Never loses the belt

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi’s new coat is cool

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gedo cannot live without a main event level interference heel faction

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1617112689918251009?s=46&t=9PdX91dquTYKHrovYBSh9g

Okada says he won’t fight Kaito at the Dome. It’s not even a New Japan show and he hasn’t agreed to it so he says they shouldn’t have announced it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It’s funny seeing most of the fans in the QTs being like “hell yeah, don’t devalue yourself Kazu”.

Love how partisan fans are over this. During the Naito/Kenoh match, there were people shouting “Tranquilo Kenoh!” when he was getting mad and it ruled

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Seams posted:

I’m excited for the Okada match based solely on the clip I saw of the beat down so what’s the NOAH guy’s deal

He used to want to be Misawa and now he wants to be Keiji Muto.

He’s really good. He’s NOAH’s youngest ever champion, he won the belt at 22.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

They have Kiyomiya mess with okada on a njpw show or two and really get the njpw fans worked up and I can see a lot of njpw fans buying a ticket to see okada put this punk down.

Could do some good business

Kaito should absolutely come out on one of the Korakuens this week and cause problems. It would be funny to see how Naito and Shingo react to having their match interrupted by an angry Kaito attacking Okada. Plus Shota is teaming with Okada so you can have him get in Kaito's face to set up your next big interpromotional match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kaveman posted:

Will the NJPW x NOAH WK night 3 be put up on world for subscribers at any point?

Yeah in a week

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fujita owns

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

fez_machine posted:

feels a little like Taichi-gun

No leaders, no bosses, Just Four Guys

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SANADA you loser

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just 4 Guys is a real faction and has a logo.

Narita/Suzuki/Desperado are challenging The House for the six man titles (or at least trying to, The House are saying the belts are retired because nobody was good enough to beat them). They’re teaming with Hontai guys in the Road to shows so aren’t their own thing yet

https://twitter.com/k_shibata2022/status/1617905035635195905?s=46&t=CdMBXZhBbK2yBA-na9VgRw

Article is the one announcing he was leaving NJPW the first time…

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

House of Torture placing 9th on the ShuPro best unit fan vote makes me wonder where we've gone wrong as a society.

Actually you have to add their points to the Bullet Club points so we can see that The House are in fact more popular than LIJ