Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
this 2-year anniversary marks one of the most traumatizing moments in this nation's history. may we never forget what transpired on this horrible day, and that Democracy ultimately prevailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
wasn't this last year

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

jan 6 was cool and funny

i wish it would happen again

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

wasn't this last year

Jan 6 was also a date in 2021, and 2022

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
we are all victims but in a good way

speng31b
May 8, 2010

on jan6 i had a late work meeting at 8pm and i canceled it because i told everyone the state of our democracy was too fragile for such trivialities. everyone agreed, but i really was in the middle of replaying botw and just didn't want to have a meeting at 8pm

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

rip taser balls

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

speng31b posted:

on jan6 i had a late work meeting at 8pm and i canceled it because i told everyone the state of our democracy was too fragile for such trivialities. everyone agreed, but i really was in the middle of replaying botw and just didn't want to have a meeting at 8pm

not all heroes wear capes

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I had an airline ticket to Jan 6 but I stayed up too late drinking and fell out of the guard tower while yelling "Allahu akbar".

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

we were this close to conservatives taking control of the united states congress.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

PenguinKnight posted:

rip taser balls

thought of tip oneil and died

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

speng31b posted:

i knew people who got the rest of the day off to process the trauma or whatever lmao

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i knew people who got the rest of the day off to process the trauma or whatever lmao

I did get a long lunch that day, which i used to lmao

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
RIP Ashli Babbitt, what chance in life did she ever have with parents who couldn't be bothered to spell her name correctly.

speng31b posted:

o7

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I freaked out a little at first it cause it reminded me of July 15 2016 :/ it would have been so much cooler if it were though.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

lol nice, i should probably replay the 3d zeldas before tears of the kingdom comes out

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I've played all the 2d Zeldas but never any of the 3d ones for more than a couple minutes.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
In remembrance to all the legislators that died that day.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Jan 6th was like 911 for a lot of americans. I remember it was a slow day at work so I got paid to watch the whole thing happen and I was the first one to post the It's happening! ron paul gif and I got empty quoted like 100 times and that felt good but I was surprised that only one lady got shot. I thought it was going to be a bloodbath with all of those guns but it was just a bunch of frat boy antics and horsing around and then the energy slowly died and people started to walk away as they got bored. Cool and funny event but it had a boring ending.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Koishi Komeiji posted:

people started to walk away as they got bored

it ending this was way the funniest thing ever to happen in American politics and its not even close

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
january 6 is a top 10 day in my life, as far as i can remember.

President Trump, showman til the end, saving his best for last. Absolutely incredible stuff.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i bought the dumb joke that babbit was named roberta paulson. it's still a better joke than her life and death.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

laughing at the dudes who thought democracy was dying on that day

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

My district sent out like 5 super long emails about our commitment to democracy and counseling kids in these troubled times

Truly no child I spoke with cared/understood it and most were aping the behavior modeled by their parents

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

jan 6 owned, very funny day in american history

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

speng31b
May 8, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Truly no child I spoke with cared/understood it and most were aping the behavior modeled by their parents

same was true on 911 tbh. kids don't know how to react to stuff they see on tv that's supposed to be important news until someone tells them

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

speng31b posted:

same was true on 911 tbh. kids don't know how to react to stuff they see on tv that's supposed to be important news until someone tells them

Oh yeah. Lots of kids below late high school don't have the processing/experiential capacity to attach a lot of weight to events like Jan 6th or 9/11, so they model the behavior of adults and use those to guide their responses. I mean, lots of adults clearly also don't have the skills to process big political events, but expecting a child to do so is begging to be disappointed.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

PenguinKnight posted:

rip taser balls

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

it's very apocryphal but I choose to believe the story that when he tazered his nuts he pissed himself, which conducted the electricity to lethal levels

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best part of remembering Jan 6 is every time someone posts something online about Ashli Babbitt being a victim of it, the get ratio-ed into oblivion by "I'm glad she is dead, she deserved it."

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Killing ppl with police ftw

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Killing ppl with police ftw

she was a bad person (hated the US government)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

she was a bad person but also had good reason to hate the us government, for which she was a foot soldier in Iraq Afghanistan etc.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

She committed the ultimate crime (moving forward in a no moving forward zone)

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

laughing at the dudes who thought democracy was dying on that day

"coup"-sayers are in the same boat as "sportsball"-sayers

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

For me the best part was people trying to scale the walls in front of the capitol building and hurting themselves even though the stairs are right there

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

"coup"-sayers are in the same boat as "sportsball"-sayers

im going to coup a sportsball right up your rear end mother fucker

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol when AOC made a big deal about what a scared idiot loser she was, and then Pelosi telling the press how she would've kicked all their asses except her fists are registered as lethal weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i was freaking out the day of but in retrospect its pretty funny

i'm not afraid to admit my mistakes