Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

lol if you don’t grow and hunt all your own food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Op getting their rear end absolutely blasted in this thread.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I love to DIY food stuff but also I can’t tell if OP is just joshing or way up his own rear end.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I don't know wtf is a "novice" coffee roaster. Roast your green beans in a pan. It's very easy and takes a few minutes to roast a week's worth of coffee. Tastes much better too.

But most Americans are very lazy and eat garbage food anyways.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Why brew your own coffee at home when you can just buy it en masse from the gas station

https://twitter.com/jerrysaltz/status/1246165131232452610

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Why even buy coffee when you can farm the beans from the soil god gave us

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol if you're not at the end of a human centipede

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Lt. Cock posted:

I love to DIY food stuff but also I can’t tell if OP is just joshing or way up his own rear end.

Full Metal Jackass posted:

You guys should check out their post history and see what they think about gerrymandering.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
this is what happens when you become so involved in an interest or hobby that you think everyone is, and that everyone wants to know about your elaborate, tortured version of something most people buy thoughtlessly at a supermarket or convenience store

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I don't know wtf is a "novice" coffee roaster. Roast your green beans in a pan. It's very easy and takes a few minutes to roast a week's worth of coffee. Tastes much better too.

As opposed to you, the definitely not lazy person who needs caffeine to get through their day.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
There must be a word or term for that, when a person is so far down the rabbit hole wrt a specific interest, that they think everybody in the world shares this esoteric knowledge and always talks about using shorthand expressions and jargon only they understand

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I don’t know why you had to denigrate my entire nation but this is a good idea and looks easy to do so thanks im gonna try it

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I don't understand why people don't just plug meth instead, coffee is a very exploitative industry

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Why would you make coffee instead of just standing underneath the tree all day with your mouth open waiting for the beans to fall directly in your gaping maw?

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Why don’t you just kill urself, waking life is suboptimal energy consumption IMO

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
weed is an option though

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
You could just drink water from the tap instead of having coffee and save on having to buy green coffee beans, a roasting device, and even the minutes that you spend making coffee when you could be grinding out tasks on Mechanical Turk!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

it's convenience OP. you understand this even if you don't realize it because you find complaining about people online more convenient than trying to find someone you can complain about other people to IRL

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Instant coffee is actually really good addition for flavour. A tablespoon instant coffee added to cookie dough? loving fantastic cookies chocolate chip cookies.

Roasting Coffee in a Skillet Looks like it takes about 10 minutes all together if you want your roast really dark.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Hey OP go gently caress yourself, the reason that coffee roaster is only $200 is because they’re made in sweatshops using slave labor. It’s all covered up by Big Roaster. My parents tried to reveal the truth and they were murdered.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

pencilhands posted:

A novice coffee roaster is $200 and that’s if you don’t go the popper route. Green beans are half the cost of roasted so you recoup the cost within about a year. The beans will never be fresher and you have complete control over the blend, roast, etc. How do coffee companies justify the markup on such a measly value-add on unroasted beans? And why do people keep buying pre-roasted? Is it just a self-perpetuating meme at this point?

it takes time and money to roast your own coffee. Most people dont have the time and don't want to spend the money.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I like to buy those coupon books supporting your coworker’s kid’s volleyball team or whatever. They generally have an ever rotating section of local cafes that in pre Covid times made for a fun afternoon. Drink some coffee and go for a walk in the park with someone special to you. Cozy chairs, some wooden boards of checkers or tic tac toe, etc, then a riverside walk. Or perhaps vice versa if you wanted to get the strenuous activity out of the way first.

It was good coffee too, well good espresso I guess cause these places often don’t serve coffee, but you know what I mean. I’d usually get an americano, MrsC likes to ask for a recommendation. Each drink would cost 5 bucks but not only were we supporting a local cafe that was gonna go out of business in 1.5 years, but we were supporting some kids soccer camp so it was always bogo, legit fantastic way to kill a Saturday afternoon for pocket change.

Anyways I wrote this all to say I’ve had plenty of good coffee but still mostly just drink bigass tubs of yuban or whatever at home because I’m too lazy to grind stuff myself and preground coffee is all gonna be stale way before I finish it anyways so why splurge. It’s drinkable, not bad not good but a fine pick me up on the weekends. Im not really into coffee so I’m meh about the whole thing. It does taste better when someone else brews it for you though, dunno what the magic is there.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

what do you milk the cow too???

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If I wanted to roast my own coffee I'd use the appliance designed to do exactly that (except that it will also roast many more things than just coffee beans) which already exists in almost every home.

But instead I'll just buy a packet of pre-roasted, pre-ground coffee from the supermarket because that is way easier and the coffee is perfectly fine - good even.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

pencilhands posted:

A novice coffee roaster is $200 and that’s if you don’t go the popper route. Green beans are half the cost of roasted so you recoup the cost within about a year. The beans will never be fresher and you have complete control over the blend, roast, etc. How do coffee companies justify the markup on such a measly value-add on unroasted beans? And why do people keep buying pre-roasted? Is it just a self-perpetuating meme at this point?

Because there’s a goon that sources and roasts fantastic coffee and good luck making anything anywhere near as good at home.

Anyone not buying Goon coffee is missing out.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

what do you milk the cow too???

only if she asks nicely

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I have tried 100 or so different types of coffee and they all kinda taste the same.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I like to buy Swiss cheese without the holes and add them myself

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

AARD VARKMAN posted:

with your tiny hog?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AARD VARKMAN posted:

how do you like you add the holes in your swiss cheese?

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Upgrade posted:

Hey OP go gently caress yourself, the reason that coffee roaster is only $200 is because they’re made in sweatshops using slave labor. It’s all covered up by Big Roaster. My parents tried to reveal the truth and they were murdered.

My parents alos died this way I forgot gently caress you OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Scornful Sexbot posted:

My parents alos died this way I forgot gently caress you OP

lots of coffee kids in this thread.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Op post the roasting rig

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Where the hell do you even buy unroasted coffee beans? Literally never seen that being sold anywhere.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Devils Affricate posted:

Where the hell do you even buy unroasted coffee beans? Literally never seen that being sold anywhere.

Brazil?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Devils Affricate posted:

You GROW them obviously :rolleyes:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I make my own Kopi Luwak by feeding local stray cats coffee cherries covered in cat food and harvesting the beans

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

You're not going to get as good of a roast with a 200 dollar coffee roaster and your blend won't be as good either. But you probably just live in some cultureless shittown where nobody knows what a good coffee actually tastes like.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Full Metal Jackass posted:

why do people come to a forum to get their arse blasted when they can just do it themselves at home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i look down on people who buy pre-ground beans fr