Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

A novice coffee roaster is $200 and that’s if you don’t go the popper route. Green beans are half the cost of roasted so you recoup the cost within about a year. The beans will never be fresher and you have complete control over the blend, roast, etc. How do coffee companies justify the markup on such a measly value-add on unroasted beans? And why do people keep buying pre-roasted? Is it just a self-perpetuating meme at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Some people like them OP

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

dunno why people buy unroasted coffee beans either when they just grow out of the ground. costs like 2 cents for infinite coffee. buncha rubes

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Yeah I dunno why people can't drop $200 on a "novice" coffee roaster.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just buy some brown and dye all your water.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Because that would be like rolling coal in your place, but with coffee soot instead of diesel.

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

pencilhands posted:

A novice coffee roaster is $200 and that’s if you don’t go the popper route. Green beans are half the cost of roasted so you recoup the cost within about a year. The beans will never be fresher and you have complete control over the blend, roast, etc. How do coffee companies justify the markup on such a measly value-add on unroasted beans? And why do people keep buying pre-roasted? Is it just a self-perpetuating meme at this point?

I don't want my morning drip to take longer to be prepared than the length of time it took me to type this sentence.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Why do people buy carrots, they grow in the loving ground. Why the gently caress are these farmers scamming consumers like this for?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I don't like coffee.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
The real head scratcher is people buying that civet poop coffee. I can poop out my own coffee, thank you very much.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Slugworth posted:

The real head scratcher is people buying that civet poop coffee. I can poop out my own coffee, thank you very much.

Show us

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

why do people prefer to exchange money for finished goods instead of raw materials which they then have to expend additional of their own labour to finish? hmm good question op

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

yeah i'll just dig some clay out of the ground and make myself a coffee cup too.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Of all the snobs that are snobby about everyday poo poo everyone consumes, coffee snobs are the absolute worst.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Tell me more about the coffee cannon tho

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

why would you nut in a different guys mouth when you can nut in your own mouth? seems pointless tbh

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I got some beans you can roast op

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Remember when people were putting butter and coconut oil in their morning coffee since some lunatic told them it was healthy?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I remember growing up and everyone just using that freeze dried instant coffee powder.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

it's because they're marks op, idiots who can't help but be scammed ur right

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
you think that's bad? these idiots are buying whole coffee beans that are <1% caffeine by weight! you can just buy caffeine pills made with cheap inert fillers instead of wasting your money on excess coffee mass.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
honestly, why do people do anything OP?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Wowo, I feel like a total rube now wasting so much money. Can you give me an Amazon referral link to the $200 thing or a link to the manufacturer's Twitter, op?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

interwhat posted:

Of all the snobs that are snobby about everyday poo poo everyone consumes, coffee snobs are the absolute worst.

On one hand, the taste difference between nescafe instant and a light roast pourover is huge; they are basically different drinks.

On the other hand, you are not wrong.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Why the gently caress would you buy sliced bread when you can just buy regular loaves and use a knife?

It's almost like "It's the greatest thing since sliced bread" is a saying for a reason.

Goddamn pencilhands, you are a real bad poster.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don't like coffee.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I just buy caffeine powder and rail fat lines every morning

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Love to clutter my kitchen with a bunch of appliances with very specific uses.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Computer viking posted:

On one hand, the taste difference between nescafe instant and a light roast pourover is huge; they are basically different drinks.

yeah and they're both undrinkable poo poo in their unique ways

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Roast my balls OP

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Why would you drink coffee when you can consume soda? HMMM? Yeah dumb people are dumb.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

why do people waste time drinking coffee when they can just boof it

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Jelly posted:

Why the gently caress would you buy sliced bread when you can just buy regular loaves and use a knife?

It's almost like "It's the greatest thing since sliced bread" is a saying for a reason.

Goddamn pencilhands, you are a real bad poster.
What is wrong with you, buying bread when flour is so much cheaper

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol imagine renting an apartment or buying a house when there’s free wood for building everywhere. Ever hear of a TREE, morons?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don't like coffee.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Only sheeple do, OP :smugbert:

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

pencilhands posted:

Green beans are half the cost of roasted so you recoup the cost within about a year

look at this guy, soaking green beans in water because he's poor

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Anne Whateley posted:

What is wrong with you, buying bread when flour is so much cheaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij4SBArADI0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
That absolute poseur using an electric fan when he should have gotten a perfectly good winnowing basket. He didn't even grow his own seed wheat