Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I concur with and helped edit the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

zaurg posted:

2023 should allow zaurg to exist in BFC, but perhaps in a throttled fashion. Maybe a max of one post per week. Just enough to satiate zaurg cravings, but not enough to create chaotic meltdowns. Please advise.

a reasonably phrased request that may be considered. I shall discuss with baddog. but it should have been sent via PM, because...

Baddog posted:

pmchem and I have kinda different feelings about zaurg, hah! So let's stick with the current "no zaurgs" for now.

right now, no zaurgs.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

moana posted:

Every now and then, as a treat

speaking of which... RULES UPDATE:

Zaurg is now allowed to post in BFC once per calendar month.

Reasoning:

Amnesty. His post history the last few years is largely benign, infrequent, and boring. The ban far predates the current mods; baddog and I see no particular reason for an ongoing subforum ban. The ban is being relaxed to 'one post per calendar month' as a probationary experiment. He still has to follow all regular BFC rules. If we find his posts causing problems, the ban may be reinstated. If life somehow finds a way to carry on, the calendar month limit may eventually be removed.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hadlock has created a new thread for discussion of global economics / business / finance and BFC-related current events:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027219

He outlined a set of rules in the OP (totally of his own creation, no mod input). We're going to give those a try. To keep things on track there with a BFC flavor, that thread will be modded more strictly than other BFC threads, for now. Everyone, please abide by the OP's rules.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fourier Series and any past/present/future alts are now subforum banned from BFC. Rap sheet has the details:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=226239

Even if he re-regs he is not welcome back in this subforum; some of his behavior on a past account was taken into consideration for this decision. Please report any new posts on sight.

As this is the feedback thread in addition to the rules thread, please feel free to post here if you wanna chat about this or anything else meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

speaking of which... RULES UPDATE:

Zaurg is now allowed to post in BFC once per calendar month.

Reasoning:

Amnesty. His post history the last few years is largely benign, infrequent, and boring. The ban far predates the current mods; baddog and I see no particular reason for an ongoing subforum ban. The ban is being relaxed to 'one post per calendar month' as a probationary experiment. He still has to follow all regular BFC rules. If we find his posts causing problems, the ban may be reinstated. If life somehow finds a way to carry on, the calendar month limit may eventually be removed.

Updating this, Zaurg is now allowed 4 posts in BFC per calendar month. Reason: drama-free success of initial relaxation.

edit: limit increased from 2->4 in February 2024

pmchem fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 3, 2024