Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Booky posted:

i would die for sommie.

same, also Chloe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think Alear's cute as a button, looking forward to killing people with her

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Idk who decided this game needed another Wooper regional variant but I’m grateful regardless. Also hope the in base casual wear is an option for missions eventually.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Last Celebration posted:

Idk who decided this game needed another Wooper regional variant but I’m grateful regardless. Also hope the in base casual wear is an option for missions eventually.

One preview said they dont

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Praying for a NG+ option for it

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Its how he killed the Black Knight

This is NOT canon!!

I am getting this even though the overall aesthetic and the ring/hero system are not appealing to me, only because 2023 is the year of gaming

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Concurred posted:

the ring/hero system are not appealing to me

I don't get this. Sure, it's a silly idea but in the end they are just items which bolster your movement or other stats and give new types of attacks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm not at all bothered by the ring mechanic.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm getting engaged.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im gonna go EMBLEM! ENGAGE! with my favorite fire emblem character and lord!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Last Celebration posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s just a morbidly obese Pachirisu.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I hope removing the rings has the characters yell DIVORCE.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

goty

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Terper posted:

Praying for a NG+ option for it

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Terper posted:

I'm getting engaged.

Me too, to Citrinne

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
i like everything I've seen about Engage so far and I can't wait to play it.

Chloe going to be my MVP.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Rpgsite said ike gains urvan and ragnel at higher bond levels

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/MikaPikaZo/status/1612098924348854272

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I can't wait to be disappointed again by a Fire Emblem game

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022
I will not ENGAGE in this sommie discourse. Feh is a better mascot.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wh-what the gently caress...

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

BigOwlGuyBMJ posted:

I will not ENGAGE in this sommie discourse. Feh is a better mascot.

Whatever, birdbrain!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

yeah they didnt mention it in her trailer but micaiah gets thani too. most likely every engage gets all the obvious stuff as they rank up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Junpei posted:

Will you be using Engages to bolster unit's existing strengths, going 'with' the flow as it were (ie Marth goes on Alear because they get that bonus from being a Dragon, giving Sigurd to someone mounted, etc), or will you be using them to expand options on other units (ie by using Celica on, say, Chloe so she can cross-train into magic classes)?

Sigurd is almost certainly getting plastered to the dancer when they show up, because 3H showed us how loving cracked canto dancers are.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Tae posted:

Love it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Natural 20 posted:

Sigurd is almost certainly getting plastered to the dancer when they show up, because 3H showed us how loving cracked canto dancers are.
you can learn canto as an inherited skill off of sigurd, but it seems like it only caps out at two spaces after your action. that said even with that in mind it still seems pretty busted.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That does mean that if you use your full movement before taking your action, you get two spaces of free movement.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Terper posted:

That does mean that if you use your full movement before taking your action, you get two spaces of free movement.

gently caress me, inheritable Canto 2?

Just strap Sigurd to loving everyone, until they all have it.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I definitely spent most of the build up to this game being sort of bemused by it, but now that we're close to release I'm very ready for some of the good tactics gameplay that the previews are promising.

I have a big podcast backlog so if the power rangers level writing doesn't hit I can always go to my secondary audio.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Watching some footage and only just now saw that movement resets when you Engage.

A calvary unit with Sigurd could move like 20 spaces in one turn plus Canter lol

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

excited to play this after 3 years of the visual black hole that was three houses

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I don't believe that's so. Engaging Sigurd gives you more movement, and the game will let you move, engage, then use the added movement. You don't actually move any further than if you just engaged at the start of the turn and moved from there.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

excited to play this after 3 years of the visual black hole that was three houses

This is the biggest thing about the game for me. It looks more visually cohesive and clear than any FE game since the GBA 20 years ago. I can't loving wait to not get a headache playing a fire emblem.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

theshim posted:

this game looks stupid as poo poo

I'm gonna play it

:same:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

bravesword posted:

I don't believe that's so. Engaging Sigurd gives you more movement, and the game will let you move, engage, then use the added movement. You don't actually move any further than if you just engaged at the start of the turn and moved from there.

Whoops! You're right, false alarm

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I'm excited to engage with this fire emblem

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Is it "Ah-leer" or "Ah-lay-ar"? I don't recall the name actually being pronounced in one of the trailers yet.

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022

Kanos posted:

Is it "Ah-leer" or "Ah-lay-ar"? I don't recall the name actually being pronounced in one of the trailers yet.

I'm just gonna say ahh-lai-ear in a real bad southern drawl

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

imo the Engage rings opening up new tactical opportunities is a good thing. It kind of feels like the series was missing something like this, along with smarter enemy AI to encourage more aggressive moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sylphosaurus posted:

Yeah Im not going to lie, I pretty much hate almost every detail of the main characters design.

They look so bad, drat.