Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Just finished the game I did enjoy the simplicity of the story. I just had to get into it, especially after 3 Houses took itself much more seriously.

I really wish you could increase the difficulty, I feel like I just smeared the final boss into the fine paste. Nice to do, but also takes a lot of the tension out of the final battle. I don't think anyone took more than 24 damage? I had more than enough healers to deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The final boss is not hard even on maddening, it's a victory lap. They very specifically gave you the super effective tool a couple chapters before.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Seems there's a new bug in 1.3, sometimes your units can randomly friendly fire attack each other? It happens to units that can both heal and attack.

https://v.redd.it/gizxjsf6q6na1

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Edelgard did nothing wrong

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
yeah duh, that goes without saying

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

FrickenMoron posted:

Seems there's a new bug in 1.3, sometimes your units can randomly friendly fire attack each other? It happens to units that can both heal and attack.

https://v.redd.it/gizxjsf6q6na1

1.3 Patch Notes: Added a hidden [annoyance] stat, which will trigger other units to just loving merc each other when they think alear isn't looking

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Did they patch Camilla's map or am I doing the "pull her from across the map with Astra Storm" cheese wrong? I tried a max-range Covert Astra Storm on her and she just stayed put and summoned a bunch of extra reinforcements instead of approaching.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
lmao Ivy is such a silly character

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Neat thing I found:

https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/1637245990272110593

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Vander just missed a 99 in chapter 1. Lol! Lmao!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1638526842054344705

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Fine, Nintendo, I’ll play through your dumb game for the third time in as many months. At least you gave me enough time to finish Octopath 2 in the meantime.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Evil Celine: the death penalty... Is wrong!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Chances are this dlc is played from the main menu.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I need to summon up effort to finish the game

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I need to summon up effort to finish the game

Same, still haven't done Waves 2-3 or started chapter 15. Partly because other games and partly because I have brainworms about my gaming time.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Same, still haven't done Waves 2-3 or started chapter 15. Partly because other games and partly because I have brainworms about my gaming time.

Yeah! I think I'm about at the same spot, in the MSQ at least

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It also looks like the only new generic classes are the already-teased Enchanter and Mage Cannoneer, which is kind of lame. I was hoping for, like, one of each unit type that opened up some new weapon/Emblem combinations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ungulateman posted:

Vander just missed a 99 in chapter 1. Lol! Lmao!

Wow he really is one of the worst units

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Man they really love the whole bad future fight the twisted versions of your companions concept for DLC campaigns

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/MatttGFX/status/1638542006925369345

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/aegis_asu/status/1638552918612738048

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Celine: "Don't talk to me until I've had my tea"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Very disappointed the evil royals did not get a redesign

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Very disappointed the evil royals did not get a redesign

Especially since the Brodia Bros seemed to have switched personalities. Though I guess Diamant being the meek and insecure one while still looking like a big buff chad is funny.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They should at least have gotten a recolor like Marni!

Genuinely a big miss from the devs.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Something from the Serenes Forest post looking into datamining (potential DLC spoilers):

quote:

Fun fact. There is a currently unused function in the base game for calling additional battle conversations for Zephia, Marni and Griss. Presumably when you fight them with Zelestia, Madeline and Gregory. This function is called during every encounter with one of them. I’m unsure how many unique conversations there are though (like maybe you only get a conversation the first time for each?).

:sickos:

I can't wait to see Griss and Gregory's conversation

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Oh God this is going to be so goofy I love it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Fire Emblem Heroes posted:

Notification about Distribution Ending for Nintendo Switch Game Bonus Code My Nintendo Reward

Distribution for the Nintendo Switch Game Bonus Code + 5 Orbs My Nintendo Reward, from which you can get items in both the Fire Emblem Engage and Fire Emblem Heroes games, will end on 4/4/23 at 7:59 pm.

If you wish to redeem this reward, please do so as soon as possible! Please see [link to explanation on how to redeem the code] for details on what is included in the reward, how to redeem it, and more.

After 4/4/23 at 8:00 p.m., you will be able to get Order of Heroes items that can be used in Fire Emblem Engage via the Nintendo eShop as free DLC.

Note: If you've already obtained the Order of Heroes items via the Bonus Code, you will not be able to download the contents again via the eShop.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh so I never have to redownload FEH now??

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Until they add more promo stuff for the Genealogy remake.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I kinda want Mauvier to be the only constant. Everyone else is doing a complete 180 on their personality, and he’s the exact same stoic dude.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

I kinda want Mauvier to be the only constant. Everyone else is doing a complete 180 on their personality, and he’s the exact same stoic dude.

Going by what we have seen Celine hasn't changed much.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Just did Merrin and Chloe's C and B supports, and these ladies are so gay. I love it

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

omg

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man, I mostly fast forwarded through fights and only had player phase animations so I never had any idea how good Trial of The Pact’s (the pact ring paraloge map theme) Ablaze variant was until I started just listening to the OST on YouTube. Which is saying something because the normal version is already one of the better tracks in the game.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Man, I mostly fast forwarded through fights and only had player phase animations so I never had any idea how good Trial of The Pact’s (the pact ring paraloge map theme) Ablaze variant was until I started just listening to the OST on YouTube. Which is saying something because the normal version is already one of the better tracks in the game.

Gotta make sure the late game rout has something to hold up enemy phase

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
huh I thought the last wave was supposed to land on april 4th

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
The date is 4th for US and 5th for EU, so it’s late in the day. I think it’s supposed to drop in 2 or 3 hours from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I’m glad there’s a chapter in the game that can bring back that classic Fire Emblem sensation: getting oneshot by a 1% crit 3/4 through a map. In unrelated news, I am mad right now. Also sad.