Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
Are there any like level 15 skills this time, or am I okay to just start promoting as soon as I hit level 10?
Aware there's second seals so hitting level caps shouldn't be a worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Endorph posted:

if you want an assassin class the s-rank marisa (sacred stones) bond ring gives lethality.

Is it possible to inherit skills from generic rings at all?

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I put staffs on my Chloe and haven't regretted it; there are so many great staffs in the game. Staffing also gives her something to do when there's too many archers about and she needs to hide a bit. Plus, she hasn't fallen off physically - I'm a fair way through now and her and Louis are the only pair from the early crew still fighting strong.

I've also kept Framme on my team - because having someone with an inventory full of staffs is appreciated - and Etie because I like her. But I really need to ditch Etie, her complete lack of defence is causing too many rewinds and I have better options sitting on the bench. Just can't bring myself to let her go yet!

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Harrow posted:

Spoilery question for mid-game ish (Chapter 11):

I know you lose access to your emblem rings for a while. I assume you can't inherit skills from the rings until you get them back? If so, should I try to dump SP to inherit things I want, or will the rings (or at least most of them) come back reasonably soon?

Yes do some inheriting now especially if you want weapon proficiencies - I’m just starting chapter 15 now and still no sign of them. There’s been a couple of paralogues too so a decent chunk of time has passed. I wished I’d done a bit of inheriting before!

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
For me, Lyn's doubles are like the engage mechanic I'm aware of the most (outside of like, extra Dance).
I use Lyn/Kagetsu to bait groups of enemies, get bosses into range, and delete most reinforcements that put in pressure from behind - or at least hold them up until I'm done with whatever I was doing.
Also, as someone said, the enemies love to target them above most other units. So if I need to face down a big crowd of enemies, or some flier reinforcements are threatening my formation, a set of doubles will keep me safe.

Plus, if Kagetsu gets a bit out of position laying doubles down, Lyn has the huge ranged attack so he can still contribute on the front lines.

Absolute 10/10 ability on a dodgy character.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Deltasquid posted:

They have a small effect: some of the meals are liked or disliked by all "young" characters (those under the age of 18, apparently) and others are all liked or disliked by "old" characters (basically everybody who is over 30). But I'm not sure anybody would have figured it out without noticing "huh, everybody who is datamined to be 17 or younger likes this"

It does pop up with cooking sometimes saying explicitly that a bonus is being applied only to young characters (or only to old characters) - which you can then scroll to see who the bonus applied to. I think it happening is linked to getting a high quality result.

I think only specific characters give the young/old bonus as they’re always thematic. I believe I had vander cook a meal that then gave an elderly bonus, and maybe Clanne cook one which gave a youth bonus. Definitely had lots of royals give bonuses only to people of their region, and I don’t remember who but someone makes male-only and female-only bonus. I had Framme cook once and it gave a bonus for Divine Dragons which was pretty funnily specific.

Edit: serenes has the list with the targets, it’s Jean and Zelkov who can make the meal for youths and Vander and Merrin make it for older https://serenesforest.net/engage/somniel/cafe-terrace/dish-titles/

Noonsaliwah fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 22, 2023

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
The date is 4th for US and 5th for EU, so it’s late in the day. I think it’s supposed to drop in 2 or 3 hours from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

AradoBalanga posted:

The one issue is that recruiting the DLC characters immediately sets everything outside of main story maps to level 20 promoted, because that is the level the DLC units arrive as and thus, due to how level scaling works in this game, means the game will now think your entire army is level 20 promoted and scale everything else to accommodate. This also means that you'd have to clean up all the DLC Emblems' paralogues and any Emblem Ring paralogues before jumping into the Fell Xenologue, unless you want those maps to become more challenging/annoying.

So yeah, during or right after Solm would be a reasonable time to attempt the Fell Xenologue. I'd wager that waiting until Seadall is recruited would be the absolute best time because you have a dancer and at least have Corrin around to abuse Dragon Veins.

The non-DLC Emblem Ring paralogues don’t scale up usually, so they’re at least safe - but yeah the DLC paralogues get levelled up. I’m assuming that skirmishes will also get much more difficult if you’re not at the DLC character levels, since they go off some kind of average level

I guess the co-development with three houses means they didn’t have the ‘precedent’ of the way cindered shadows worked, but that was way better. Hopefully they’ll use that system in the future!