Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I hope removing the rings has the characters yell DIVORCE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
What if all fire emblems are actually good (except Fates, maybe).

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is there still no jp version of the opening on youtube? I feel like the japanese twitter etc. did at least 5x more infoposting than any official english source.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
What if twins but one is evil.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Who else is gonna play as F Alear and name her Colgate?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Nice Granblue Fantasy character.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Fire Emblem: Engage the Bad Dragon.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Terper posted:

My Switch is Engaging

Hell yeah.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Endorph posted:

predictions for thread discourse:

More like Fire Emblem ENRAGE amirite.

Edit: Realtalk, did anyone buy the season pass thing?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Terper posted:

It's hosed up but true when you say the next Fire Emblem game is out in 1 week

So hosed up that I took off a week from work.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

I forgot that reboot camp is still in limbo for almost a year now, hosed up.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Punch, kick, it's all in the mind.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I never played Heroes, but please tell me there is a catgirl version of Kronya because her name contains NYA.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Last Celebration posted:

Her whole thing is that she loves bodybuilding, if anything it’s weirder she doesn’t have a six pack in Engage.

The switch can't handle the amount of extra polygons, sorry.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Zoran posted:

I have seen an early cutscene that I would describe as extremely corny

I misread this as horny

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Fire Emblem: Engage in friendly conversation.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Shillup complaining about missing the social sim stuff when he never finished a single run of 3 houses... it kinda shows. I feel like a lot of people never got to the point where the social sim thing just becomes a huge downtime drain that detracts from the core gameplay.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Eimi posted:

:psyduck: why the gently caress is shillup reviewing Engage, that is way outside of his wheelhouse.

Slow month, and he played 30 hours of 3 houses!!!

Edit: Pretty amazing to me how many people here just openly admit pirating the game tbh.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I still feel that Radiant Dawn had the best "grand" storyline with an amazing escalation of threat/stakes over the duration of two games. Also it stayed way more coherent than the plot of 3 houses.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I actually downloaded the dumb gacha game and got Alear in it, now how do I get the bonus items on friday for engage.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I'm ready to engage but my game isn't yet for 7 more hours. :(

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Why do japanese developers not let you pet the animals in games ever.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I had to switch to the classic control method immediately, I don't know why but I don't like the direct one at all.

Edit: I'm happy that the cutscenes have a higher framerate than.. 5 or so in 3 Houses.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Can I have a dlc for the classic level up sound please.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
My Alear is refusing to gain speed but has been getting Str every level for 5 levels straight now... armor knight go.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Can you open the chests in ch5? I just let the thief steal the items for me and murdered him.
Bosses with multiple lifebars are rude.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Shez ring when.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

cheetah7071 posted:

apparently there's very little reason not to promote instantly; it doesn't mess with your xp gained

Don't you lose out on 10 potential levelups still?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Give the Sigurd Ring to Louis and just tank everything with him (except mages). head left with everyone and don't be afraid to use the healing items instead of just staff healing. With Louis having the sigurd ring you can easily zip through the entire enemy line or just body block the thief.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

In addition to what the others have said about giving Sigurd to Louis, you're not on a time limit. You can leave the gate closed until you've completely cleaned up the left side of the map if you want, or if you do open it early you can bait out individual unit groups and overwhelm them with numbers while you slowly crawl forward.

I never opened the gate, I just moved everyone to the left side and broke the rubble and funneled the enemies into a grinder.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
My guess after Ch6 so far (dont spoil please): Dragon mom isn't our actual mom at all. We were the evil red hair Alear but she spent 1000 years trying to "purify" us thats why we have the mixed red/blue hair

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The writing is fun and I'm feasting on all the whining of the haters.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Alfred has only been getting 2 stat levelups every level... gonna have to bench him. Not like youre lacking lance users even by ch7. Also that chapter was super easy? I guess it will get worse again soon.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The combat animations are so good now. I just had Chloe dodge an axe swing only to counter with a double stab, followed up by a crit.
Now when I think back to those wooden arm swings in FE9... anyone got a gif of those?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Etie somehow managed to not beat Alcryst in any of the stats by level 10, i guess its a coinflip who I will promote now.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I wasn't ready for Tiki to be so aggressively british.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Blaziken386 posted:

the thread keeps talking about reclassing anna into mage because of her ridiculous growth rate, so i just have to ask

can you get a second seal earlier than chapter 13? because that seems like. a long time to wait.

The shop sold 3 after I finished ch8.

Edit: Do skirmishes scale? I was thinking about leveling the Bench crew with skirmishes but it's not looking good, theyre all level 12-13 when main mission is level 10 required.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

wait what the gently caress

does the game ever tell you this?

After ch6 it says "tower of trials opened" at Somniel, but you cant do offline skirmishes until clearing ch11, only online ones.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Hot drat Tikis Paralogue is a slog, this is more enemies than most chapters combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
https://twitter.com/Chris_Dring/status/1617186338587000833

No idea why people still give that much about boxed copies sales only. How many people here bought it digital, cause I sure did.