Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

A previewer uploaded a bunch of characters' personal skills: https://imgur.com/a/V3Zf000

Lol at Rosado and Goldmary's synergy

And Céline's retainers as well.

Also interesting is that they seem to push the use of consumables a lot more. Though I feel like Citrinne's ability is very mid

is it just me or does the character design and art style seem a bit more generic than usual? could just be the 3d models

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

I mean it looks perfectly fine, im not complaining or anything. i just feel like it doesnt have the usual FE look/style

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Kanos posted:

I'm of the complete opposite opinion - I find the art style to be very colorful and expressive and the character designs pop. It's a breath of fresh air compared to the really muted colors of 3H.

FE doesn't have a "usual" style. Even if you ignore everything before the 3DS, Awakening/Fates/Echoes/3H all look quite different.

yeah the 3d models look quite good, very expressive and colorful as you said

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

and i was so careful with my language to avoid the anime debate.... :negative:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

genshin impact was the first thing that came to mind for me but i only have a passing knowledge of that game

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

Male Alear, I usually play female characters in games that allow it but the multicoloured hair is so atrocious I want to reduce it to a minimum.

Also I'm secretly hoping we still get ending slides of sorts, and I want to smooch Citrinne, so playing as a male character maximizes my chances.

EDIT: you can apparently go to sleep on the Somniel and get waken up by allies.

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1613447554490052612?t=EOZgIxLvyM2y5yYSJkVZQQ&s=34

oh god that hair. yeah its gotta be male Alear here lol

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

did people sour on 3H over time? because I remember initial impressions were very positive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zoran posted:

It's a game where the signature feature wears out its welcome about three quarters of the way through the first playthrough

yeah the decision to keep the monastery post timeskip is very questionable