Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Smh they don't let you marry the rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The next game should go the FEH (and FGO I guess) route and have every named character designed and drawn by a different person .

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Going from3Houses cutscenes to 3Hopes cutscenes was funny.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Give more Shez

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think from a gameplay perspective my view of Three Houses is perhaps unfairly tainted with the absurd amount of map re-use.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder which of the secondary characters will end up being the fan favourites

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

FEH shifted some banners around so that there's a banner for New Heroes (as opposed to the Seasonal Dressup stuff) 3 days before Engage drops so most people believe it's going to be an Engage banner then.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'Guess my son wasn't special enough.'

'How do they choose who gets stuffed into the rings anyway'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Important Announcement:
Etie.

Thank you for your time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sad/annoyed we apparently cannot wear these to battle.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Highest inherent Str growth in the game is Rosado, tied with, iirc, Panette

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

According to the developer interview, the Engage mechanic is the (mechanical) replacement for child units. In other words, trying out combinations of different characters and seeing what mechanical benefits you can get from it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJCOoTp6v5I

If you wanted a tutorial video, well, here it is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think the question re:maps was about Echoes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Can't you use the Bond Rings to grind the Emblem Ring's proficiency for multiple people? Or is it just for skills?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BTW there's also a bunch of concept art and sketches in the link.

Also:

quote:

The battling scenes are so cool, and you can tell that it’s stuffed with Teraoka-san’s love. (Laughs)

Everyone:
(Laughs)

Nakanishi: This game is designed so that the battling motions will change as the characters level up. For example, in the beginning, the character will just simply dodge the attack from enemies. But as they get stronger, they will counterattack while parrying, or slash at flying arrows with a sword, and so the motion changes as the character grows stronger. These kinds of details are also fun.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 18, 2023

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Andrast posted:

I think I will go with Alear

Reala

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

He's a Wyvern Knight

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I have an unreasonable desire for just one of these kinds of manga adaptations to alternate between the male and female avatar versions every single chapter and it's never brought up or mentioned at all.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It is very disappointing that Alear does not shout 'It's Marthin' time!' every time they Engage.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Normal and Hard have a Fixed growth mode. But AFAIK it's the inverse of Maddening, where you can only use it after completing Normal/Hard at least once.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I do not think 'the clan who have been hereditary guardians of the Divine Dragon for generations, end up being extremely big fans of the Divine Dragon' is a writing issue, per se.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

None of the defeats in the first couple chapters are permanent anyway so Lumera jetting across the map to murder someone is cool and good

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'You mean the face of the game when FE made its international debut ended up being extremely popular?!' says the shocked pikachu

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Emblem, ENGAGE

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

More paralogues would be nice, but yeah for this game specifically it's all in on the Throwback Train

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If it's the FE4 remake I wonder how much internal debate there was about trying to fix/balance the gameplay jank vs preserving it as is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah, one of the really weird choices is for battle performance to replace the cast's comments on the situation/location in postbattle. Just make them rotate between the lines or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Spermando posted:

Do you lose units in events marked as training?

No. But every surviving unit gets bonus EXP at the end of it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think I'd nominate Celine as my 'There is way more going on with her that a bunch of people might not realize on 1st/casual playthrough' character in Engage.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They're also a reference to something that happens in the map the paralogue is based on.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

poe meater posted:

What are you guys spending bond points on? I'm on chapter 8 and there are so many little systems/shops in place.

Once you get Leif Emblem you can try gambling for Olwen's S Ring

Otherwise using them to befriend the Emblems in Arena and unlock those sweet skills seems to be the standard.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

4 Hounds are colour based.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Future DLC spoiler related.

If there's a map that Veronica is heavily associated with it's the final map for the first Tempest Trials in the game, which was absolutely brutal relative to the strength of your units at the time.

If they're drawing a map from that game I think that would do.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Why would they create an entire boutique minigame function and then not let it affect anything outside of our sky island

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also Alear is (not counting the 1000 year nap) 17 in the internal files so they apparently decided that 17 years olds shouldn't date fellow 17 year olds. Because reasons.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Great Knight Femalear has the ponytail so it's actually her best class.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Second Sealing knocks you down to level 1 so if you want to promote and change class you always want to Master seal first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Midgame spoilers Losing all your emblems to cap off Arc 1 is a good move.

Less good is that this completely screws you out of Tome and Staff proficiency for almost the entirety of Act 2.

why the heck don't you give Tomes proficiency Byleth