Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe seriously don't play it, judging by the last 3 years unless you want to be the equivalent of the 500 hour ff15 weirdo here that hated every second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Idk who decided this game needed another Wooper regional variant but I’m grateful regardless. Also hope the in base casual wear is an option for missions eventually.

One preview said they dont

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rpgsite said ike gains urvan and ragnel at higher bond levels

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RPG site did a podcast preview and he got annoyed at the embargo so he basically gave a more detailed review on a few things.

-The hangout castle is mostly skippable, the boosts you gain are incredibly minor to the point that it's more for fun than three houses-esque chores
-The non-Emblem rings and gacha and all that are mostly useless, you eventually field all 12 rings so no one is going to use a fake ring instead.
-There is technically marriage, but it's less involved than even three houses
-He had the game since mid december, so every major site's impression is probably given enough time in the oven

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The worst thing about Engage is finding people legit think Pikazo is a bad artist out of the weeds

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Good God I would rather have 3H political discourse every day of the week over engage “anime aesthetics” discourse. This is going to be the conversation topic for the next 36 months, isn’t it

I would rather have anime discourse because the same detractors for 3h discourse actively suck

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Im still unsure on the new heavy weapons when i learned you will always attack second

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The literal simple answer why emgage is getting less notice than three houses is because the game was annoinced in september and releasing im january.

Fe3h was over a year between annoncement ans actual release.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The rpgsite guy mentioned the english embargo couldnt talk about some things despite jp revealing it.

If you remember nintendo refusing to let outlets talk about smash 4 charactera despite literally being advertised in japanese websites.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's skills that reference dragon and not alear, so either there's another dragon character or it's literally just because of DLC Tiki which ugh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If the super sentai opening turns you off, please dont buy it because the game is super upfront on what tone they are

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The big Q+A Thread makes me question why Sommeil is even there outside of twitter sharing memes. You can't even do the basic thing and let them keep the costumes during support convos, why?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It was probably to much to hope for S ranks and reclassing to be destroyed in this game. But if previews are to be trusted S ranks at least are dead and buried. So hopefully then next game can remove reclassing and the gamer after can remove player avatars.

And then Fire Emblem will be perfect.

*back in my day*

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Alear being renamable is the worst poo poo, because Divine One is way worse.

People complained about Denem being a static name for Tactics Reborn, but that would've been so much worse alternatively for the voiced lines, and you can have your cake and rename him anyway after beating it once.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

But regardless I will glady take losing some shipping convenience if it means there won't be anyone playing this game basing their entire thoughts about lgbt rep on the boring protagonist's support list.

You can just put cytheril on ignore

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shiny777 posted:

It baffles me to this day that someone made a quick and easy "get both Kanas as whichever Corrin you prefer" patch, but "get both Morgans" is still, last I looked, something you have to break out the editing tools yourself for.

Persona 5 modding scene has only the Switch version of the game with a working mod to get Violet playable earlier to the point that the PC versions are waiting on it to be finished.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You're asking the .0001% of the population that did multiple playthroughs of the longest fire emblem game if they liked it enough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Eimi, genuinely what is wrong with your brain

Literally most normal people would just go "not for me" and move on but you are going ex-crazy here

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Call me crazy but I think Silver Snow works better than Verdant Wind. Not a lot of the plot beats make sense from the perspective of the golden deer, and a lot of it makes sense for the Church with Byleth in the driver seat (kinda... Having to lean on Seteth)

You're crazy, nothing makes sense from the church's side either. Everything involving the former black eagles, and while Claude fighting nemesis as the final boss is weird, why are you fighting Rhea a *month* after the penultimate chapter in Church route??

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think birthright gets too much hate thrown at it by proxy of being a Fates game. The story's not mind inducing, the systems of fates are fun in a more relaxing way. The only real problem is that it's way too easy even I could beat Lunatic, but that's like a grave F-tier sin honestly given that most of the population play on normal in other games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kellam and Vaike are still not in FEH despite the game starting with mostly Awakening and Fates after 6 years

Mustafa from chapter 10 is in the game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Junpei posted:

I want an FE character that acts like a magical girl-wait poo poo that's just L'arachel.

https://twitter.com/MikaPikaZo/status/1614275867525488643?s=20&t=8_F4eawVelRHzBasaoPZjg

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Her whole thing is that she loves bodybuilding, if anything it’s weirder she doesn’t have a six pack in Engage.

Her lord has a muscle fetish, which weirdly doesn't come across in his debut lines in FEH

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Junpei posted:

A friend says that Ian Sinclair and Cristina Vee are in the voice cast, who are they and are there any other big names I'd know of?

The full cast is already listed somewhere, but if you don't know who cristina vee is, then you'd know literally no one from the dub

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also, having a namable protag literally doesn't make sense when your money maker, FEH, canon names the character anyway.

It is a baffling choice that makes absolute no sense, because it's also like *way* easier to just have Alear as the canon name because...well, one it is. And two, no seriously why are we still naming the protag.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Party Miser posted:

I'm surprised by how many people dislike Three Houses. It's still my favorite fire emblem and I'm cautiously eager for Engage. It did a lot of things I enjoyed while playing on casual/normal difficulty. I look forward to another casual friendly game to sink way too many hours in.

130k people are on a sub reddit for fire emblem, if you assume every single one hates fe3h

4 million copies were sold for three houses

Small minority is an understatement

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Midnight Suns has an annoying monastary-esque thing but also you can ignore it if you don't care about the lore specific to the midnight suns and The Hunter (That's you).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Did I miss an option, or does Engage not forecast how much damage an enemy will do as a preview like FE3h?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Barreft posted:

It does

e:
this what you mean?

No, FE3H showed aggro lines to which unit they'll attack but also give a combat forecast of how much damage they'll do to that target when you highlight the enemy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You can accelerate an Emblem to max via bond fragments, but the long run is probably better to just enhance weapons probably?

Maybe supe up a Javelin on Louis since as a Knight, he's the only one that can do old school enemy-phase hit everyone.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Are there more people with accents or is Jean's village just a weirdo "we're british for no reason"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there any redemption for Clanne, you get two spellcasters super quick that don't have 10% mag growth

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

[Weren't there some characters in past titles who moved so slowly that by the time they reached their opponent, the other characters had already finished the battle? (Laughs)

Nakanishi: Yes, in that context, I think even Armor Knights will be able to battle up front in this game together with Emblem Sigurd, who increases mobility.]

Oh they knew. Louis is easily the best combat unit and making hard mode pretty easy to manage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anyone have a feel for the difficulties yet? Three Houses on Normal was a cakewalk.

Absolutely don't play on normal, hard mode will take a lot of resets at first but you'll get used to the flow. The biggest downgrade is no future forecast for combat and arrow telling which enemy hits which character, so if you relied on that, welp now it's gone.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, it's quite built for it. Building back up engage mode isn't a rare thing. You're meant to use these tools often, and maps start you off with a lot of enemies nearby in a mode that no one outside of armor knights can handle 3 combat scenarios.

That's part of why Louis is so good with Sigurd, because he's one of the only units that can overextend, not die, and build back the Engage mode easier since each combat round is 1 pip of meter.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bond 10 Sigurd will give lance users +atk while using a lance and Brave Lance , hence why Armor Knight Sigurd doesn't fall off like you'd think it would.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That's weird, skirmishes unlock in like chapter 6 on hard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Another unit I'm unsure of is Yukana. Poison still isn't great, and having no primary weapon break ability in a game that's greatly based around them seems iffy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I haven't had any luck with a dodge tank, but maybe that's the one niche of Micaiah's otherwise bleh weapon blessing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Second Seal options for obvious targets: Clanne/Anna, but otherwise it's kinda hard to justify using them? Even sword soldiers have value because they promote into heroes which have better passives than a sword peg.