Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Alear's personal just being a copy-paste of Camilla's is the funniest poo poo to me. We all know who the actual main lord of Conquest was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'm gonna go M!Alear probably. I dislike absurdly long hair in pretty much every design it's included in. I just think it looks stupid, and not in a charming way. If it reaches below the shoulders, it's already really long!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Metis of the Hallway posted:

I'm just going f alear for maximum hair, because I default to girl mcs and because her little battle romper is cute

I know I dissed her hair, but her romper is really cute. I'm happy both Alears have the jester shoes at least; that would've been make-or-break for me.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I like player avatars in the sense that it's fun to customize growths and alternative classes, especially in Fates where that allowed fun shenanigans via marriage/inheritance, but I vastly prefer having set characterization and names over awkward voiced lines and relatively generic character arcs.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Harrow posted:

Also I could be weird but I actually prefer not getting to manually choose all the pairings. It made sense in Awakening and Fates because it was a gameplay element, determining how child units would start out, but when it isn't a gameplay thing I think it's more fun to just play the game and see what happens, who gets what ending with who. It's more interesting to me if the characters who aren't my player avatar are their own people and I don't get to 100% control everything about them.

I get wanting to be able to solidify pairings, but on my first run of 3H I got the endings for Raphael/Shamir and Claude/Flayn, and I'd be lying if I didn't find how random those were charming in their own right.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

It's kind of hosed up Male Robin has a better support with Chrom and the funnier Morgan.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I hope Engage has a banger preparations theme. 3H As Swift As Wind is probably my favorite song in the series. Those drums man!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Okay, all right, that string section that got cut off at the end there seemed like it was going somewhere sick.

Man, I love how full the color pallette is compared to 3H. I like the latter's art direction, but the vivid colors do a lot to help make the maps more readable from the jump.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I haven't played 10, Echoes, or Thracia yet, so that's my rough ranking without putting a ton of thought into it.

Putting FE4 that low feels kind of bad, because I think it's a super cool game, but I think the lack of deployment limits and sheer map size just make it kind of a slog to physically play.

Also, FE6 is hard for me to rank, because sometimes I find that game massively frustrating to play, and it can be annoying to have such a clear power gap between units. However, sometimes I think it's one of the most satisfying feelings ever to be given 30 piece-of-trash units and cobble together a functional, maybe even kinda good army out of these jobbers and nincompoops from across Elibe. So I can see it going higher or lower on my rankings depending on my mood that day lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Eimi posted:

I mean yes in general, I'm bad at saying not for me when it's connected to something I like. And the gameplay does look good. And you know just wanting to take part in the conversation. Again I'm a Star Trek fan and forced myself through two seasons of Picard, which is far worse than this game could ever be.

Maybe Engage will be like Lower Decks and shockingly great despite its apparent aesthetic!