Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Deltasquid posted:

A previewer uploaded a bunch of characters' personal skills: https://imgur.com/a/V3Zf000

Lol at Rosado and Goldmary's synergy

And Céline's retainers as well.

Also interesting is that they seem to push the use of consumables a lot more. Though I feel like Citrinne's ability is very mid

I don't think there is synergy though? Both seem to be in-combat activations for themselves, so not exactly sure how you'd stack them.

Briefly looking over the others, Lapis' personal seems extremely dubious. +10 Hit/Avo, -10 Crit if there's an ally next to her is generally just not good for a swordfighter - the Avo is nice, but Hit's generally pointless and a penalty to crit is brutal. In general though I'm noticing a lot of rather niche personal skills there, many of which don't seem particularly useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

So you get free weapons and stuff from FEH? Dang.

I downloaded FEH the day it came out and played it for a bit. It was pretty solid. But my interest waned. But I logged in once every single day to get the free orbs and summons. I never spent a dime on the game. I had what equated to thousands of real world dollars worth of orbs on my account. But I switched over from Android to iPhone last year and apparently those orbs didn’t carry over so I stopped. I suppose I could reinstall it…

Similar boat in that I started FEH day 1, but after a few years just dropped it for a few reasons. One is the absolute runaway power creep in the game. While I'm sure there's far worse gachas in terms of that, in terms of the ones I've played none have been anywhere near as bad or as constant about it as FEH. Even aside from base stats, which have ballooned, weapons and skills used to be like a few words to maybe a sentence. Now? Just go look at that video again. Combine this with the maker's refusal to put in a glossary, so theoretically standardized keywords for certain effects tend to get entirely reprinted in every description, and there have been weapons/skills that have literally had multiple pages.

Secondly - and somewhat uniquely - FEH just has an incredibly demoralizing gacha. For those who haven't touched it, the way it works is that every time you do a pull, you get a selection of five colored orbs to pick from. These are made up of the four types of colored units in the game, corresponding to their type advantage (green/axe, blue/lance, red/sword, colorless), and you then spend gacha currency picking 1-5 of those orbs. Except no color is guaranteed per pull, so you can be stuck in a situation where you're looking for, say, a blue unit, but no blue orbs appear on six consecutive pulls. You're still required to pick something on every one of those pulls. Objectively it's likely not better or worse than most gachas, and the rates are decent, but there's a morale hit to knowing what you're looking for is impossible to get on this pull and still being required to pick it as opposed to just speculating until it's revealed.

Easy enough to just reinstall briefly to get the bonuses though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

Some idle thoughts on leaks (non-story)

lol Vander is 45

Audibly gagged at Anna's base 15% Str growth

That's not even the most hilarious one.

Saphir is 35.

Endings (or lack of, for everyone not Alear) seem spectacularly lazy.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Eimi posted:

gently caress you treehouse/noa whoever was responsible.

The leaks are saying that the M/F Alear supports and endings are literally the exact same for all characters, so lol at looking at that change and think it's specifically targeted at the gay content. More to the point, the majority of those romantic-to-partner changes seem to be among the 16-17 (or less) year old members of the cast, so it seems more directed at the under-18 supports that were changed from jp. Though NoA being NoA, there are other random changes too.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

the insane thing there is that alear is also listed as 17 in the files. what

I mean, Veyle's listed as 16, so presumably those age listings specifically are more along the lines of "looks this old." Because in this game, it's you who's playing the "really 1000 years old" character rather than it being the extremely awkward support option.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ouch, just saw the game compared to FE6 in terms of ending structure and that's... fairly accurate from what's being reported. No paired ending slides other than for Alear is such a bizarre decision - even Radiant Dawn had a few!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Going pretty slow and am just finishing up Chapter 9 here. The plot has been pretty simplistic so far, but still pretty enjoyable. And most of the characters have been growing on me quite a lot, despite generally being fairly straightforward. Weirdly the twins in particular have been pretty fun, given their general archetype is one I'm usually indifferent - at best - to. Something about the general enthusiasm plus me kind of seeing how it might have come about seeing how generally isolated from most contact they seem to have been. On the other hand, Alfred's group have probably been my least favorite characters so far, due to probably being the most singularly dedicated to their trait, and it not being one that's terribly amusing - I don't dislike them, and Boucheron at least has some variety, but just fairly indifferent.

The change back to RN certainly results in some... interesting results at times though. It didn't require a crystal charge to fix because the damage was low enough, but just had a single character, in 2 rounds, get hit by 5/6 attacks (1 miss each round) with the odds being 30% for all attacks in the first, round, and 26% in the second. Like seriously, what the hell game.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Honestly outside of his support with Etie (never got his one with Boucheron) Alfred doesn't seem to go on about muscles or whatever that much. A bunch of his supports have more been about how he's just kinda dumb.

Fair, though seeing his C/B supports so far with Celine, "dumb as a box of rocks" AND completely oblivious isn't any more endearing. It admittedly isn't muscles though. His support with Boucheron at the very least C/B) is entirely muscle-based as well. B involves him just following Boucheron around the whole day to see what secret part of it is good for muscles.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Got bored and did some math.

Bottom 5 characters with the lowest total growths
1. Vander - 225
2. Etie - 230
3. Saphir - 235
4. Jean - 240
5. Citrinne - 240

Top 5 characters with the highest total growths
1. Mauvier - 345
2. Anna - 325
3. Kagetsu - 320
4. Chloe - 315
5. Rosado - 315

Two classes with growth totals at/over 100: Avenir - 100, General - 105

Lowest growth totals for a base class: Wing Tamer (Ivy edition) - 55
Lowest growth totals for a promoted class: Lindwurm - 75

None of this should necessarily be taken to mean anything important, as it obviously doesn't factor in base stats or the actual distribution of the growths. Like the #1 character in growths there has a huge chunk of them devoted to DEX and MAG (40% growths in both), which aren't exactly the most relevant things to their starting Royal Knight class. And Jean obviously doubles his class growths, so him being in the bottom 4 isn't too big a deal if you want to use him.

Some idle notes though. Ivy gets somewhat screwed overall, as she's not exactly got impressive personal growths (265) and her personal classes are also the lowest growths in the game - the class growths are also extremely heavily weighted towards MAG and RES, so her combined HP and SPD growths are very shaky. Meanwhile, I don't know what the hell was up with Kagetsu's designers, but aside from having absolutely cracked base stats he's also been given some of the highest growths in the game - like, assuming you keep him in Swordmaster he's got 70% HP, 40% STR, 65% DEX, 70% SPD, 40% DEF, 40% RES, 55% LCK. MAG is garbage, but who goddamn cares about that.

edit: Technically I suppose the numbers could be useful for Maddening, since that's fixed growth the first time through so knowing just how many stats each unit will get depending on their base + classes total might be relevant for planning.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

his personal growths are pretty low and his personal skill only doubles his class growths. martial monk has pretty eh growths (notably, no speed growth) so if you want him to be good you wanna stick him in a class that has good class growths. cav, axe fighter, and thief are the ones that stand out to me. if you want to keep him a healer you could promote him early and then spend a second seal to get him into griffin knight, that class has great growths.

Honestly, overall the Qi Adept class branches have okay growths, they just don't get SPD - possibly at least partially due to the Arts Brave weapon effect, but also potentially because they're a magic class. For whatever reason the class designers just decided that magic-focused attacking classes don't get speed in this game, as they're the only class branches aside from Armors that get 0. Martial Monk and its two promotions don't get any, and it's the same with Mage and Sage - Mage Knight manages to scrape up a 5% SPD growth. Plus, as mentioned, Ivy's unique classes also don't get any, and a certain spoiler character's class gets a whole 5%. Hortensia's classes get decent SPD growths, but she's very much the odd person out in terms of getting tomes access and SPD.

It's definitely a bit strange, because it seems like an attempt to keep magic somewhat constrained... and then the designers also came up with Royal Knight and Griffon Knight, which have excellent MAG and SPD growths. And while they don't have innate tome access, multiple emblems with tome weapons are right there.