Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
this game looks stupid as poo poo

I'm gonna play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Deltasquid posted:

Twitter discourse is still deranged though
gently caress you for posting that

theshim
May 1, 2012

Diamant definitely has my favorite design of all the characters we've seen. Here's hoping he's actually interesting.

theshim
May 1, 2012

okay here's one reason why Engage is already the worst game in the series

they moved luck below def and res

what the gently caress

theshim
May 1, 2012

Zore posted:

I mean the game has functionally removed player avatars with Byleth (and from the previews it sounds like Alear is following in that tradition). There is absolutely nothing customizable or reflective of the player about either of them, functionally they're equivalent to an old school FE protag if they had a gender option and like 2 more choices to make per game.

Can you even rename Alear?
Yes, you can rename Alear.

Which I think is stupid because it means characters can never address them by name in voiced lines and they have to come up with annoying gimmick ways to refer to them like "Divine One" or "Professor" or the like, and all the dialogue will be stilted and terrible. I hate it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

things that make me irrationally upset about fire emblem, episode 15925: it's revelation, not revelations! aaaaaah!!!

anyway in one week I'm gonna engage some emblems and pet sommie and land sick critical hits, hell yeah

theshim
May 1, 2012

here it is. the ultimate FE tierlist. after this, there will be no need for tierlists.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Zoran posted:

The ROM has leaked and full spoilers will probably be coming very soon.
Welp, media blackout time :ohdear:

theshim
May 1, 2012

I curse you all, you who have early access to the game

soon I too will get to play the fire emblems

theshim
May 1, 2012

I'm a huge idiot and got hit with a screenshot that was a super spoiler. Not too mad because lol this is Engage and it's not as bad as the time my friend casually said "so you know Edelgard is the Flame Emperor, yeah?" when I very much did not, but still, bleh.

My own drat fault.

Anyway, up through Chapter 6, having fun! I am playing on Normal for my first playthrough and it's pretty breezy, I look forward to future playthroughs on Hard while not using rings and all sorts of dumb poo poo.

Hiya papaya made me upset.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Also one tiny thing that's driving me nuts: let me see actual weapon stats!!!

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

After some testing it appears that exp is entirely based on internal level and that is not affected by promotion.

I repeat, promotion does not negatively impact experience gain at all, so unless you're concerned about hitting the cap too early and not having money for second seals, it is ALWAYS better to promote at level 10.
gently caress you I will never promote before 20 :argh:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

select a unit, select items, hover over a weapon, press x
doesn't work on enemies!!

theshim
May 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

is there any actual reason youd need to know an enemy's stats on their weapon, though?
effective weaponry

theshim
May 1, 2012

that doesn't tell me how much is getting tripled!

and yes I could open up the enemy's stat screen to do the math myself but it's really dumb that everything is so drat awkward!

theshim
May 1, 2012

fun fact about Normal, because I'm the only person stupid enough to play it: it has a hidden 20 point hit/avoid penalty for enemies

theshim
May 1, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Are you sure it's not the opposite and Hard mode gives enemies a hidden 20% hit/avoid bonus? Cause it really feels that way
Nah, I did the math. It's really stupid!

theshim
May 1, 2012

Caidin posted:

Whats the word on promotions, Do now or later? It looks like you can use a masters to start over at level one in your current class if you want, interestingly enough.
Do now. Promoting early doesn't change the amount of experience you earn, for some reason, and even if you cap out you can use a second seal to reset in the same class, so there's no reason not to promote units as soon as you get the seals to do so.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Just finished Chapter 11. Chapter 10's presentation was incredibly well done and I loved it. Chapter 11 is trying to pull a Don't Speak Her Name but without the actual emotional attachment we had in Awakening at that point so it just feels like it was trying too hard. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

is it just me or are tempest trials concentrated rear end