Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So... how do you open the chests in Chapter 5? I don't see any chest keys. Do I just have to let the enemy thief open them and take the goodies off their corpse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I don't know if I trust that promoting early won't screw my exp gains but I might not have a choice, I really need that extra point of movement for chapter 11

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

theshim posted:

fun fact about Normal, because I'm the only person stupid enough to play it: it has a hidden 20 point hit/avoid penalty for enemies

Are you sure it's not the opposite and Hard mode gives enemies a hidden 20% hit/avoid bonus? Cause it really feels that way

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So what's the deal with the Gold/Silver skirmishes? I'm assuming the Gold skirmish has enemies that drop a lot of money but the one I currently have is a fog of war one so I can't tell

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Miftan posted:

Someone help me with chapter 10 on maddening. It's basically impossible to guess who Hortensia is going for other than Alear because of how many different weapons she has, she can kill most of my units in a turn or two and I can't burst her down in 1 turn because my team is split up. It's also impossible to bait her with Alear because she does more damage than I have HP and never misses thanks to her personal skill. Is it possible to stick to the outside of the level and not trigger her at all until all the other units are dead?

The trick is that you have to regroup your units all on one side after dealing with her retainers, even on Hard I couldn't beat with half my army on either side of her.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Do Berserkers and Swordmasters have innate crit bonuses like they do in other games? Wondering if I lose out on anything besides her cool outfit if I reclass Pannette to Warrior

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I understand why the Arena requires a loading screen, as they had to put it in the framerate dimension for performance reasons, but the Ring Chamber has no business being trapped behind a loading screen

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Support Affinities should absolutely make a come back

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

RareAcumen posted:

So everyone keeps throwing around comparisons to this being like a Saturday Morning Cartoon but despite that I only really recall it being likened to Kamen Rider Fourze like, 6 pages ago and I've never seen enough Kamen Rider to stick with it (Didn't have Ti-Vo or any way to watch them in order at the time) so I have no idea what that means. Can I get an animated comparison? We talking Megaman NT Warrior, Jackie Chan Adventures, Eon Kid, Viewtiful Joe, Sonic X or what?

It's Power Rangers. The Corrupted are straight up just Puttys

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I guess I'm an outlier cause I think this game's cast loving sucks. Maybe all the good supports are hidden on the characters I'm not using but I've gotten some A and several B ranks and (with the exception of Yunaka) literally none of these characters are doing it for me. This is way worse than the Awakening or even the Fates casts.

Shame, cause the gameplay is excellent

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

This is NOT zappy

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The doubles are literally the only reason I survived Ch. 17. Guaranteeing four members of Veyle and Hycantich's murderball (usually including Veyle and Hycantich themselves) weren't attacking anyone important was a godsend.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Fixed Growths let you force a character into usability if you want to see their supports but they've refused to turn out for previous playthroughs, so I'm glad it's an option and hope it continues to be one in future games

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Finally got all the Emblems and I'm trying to figure out what my final Unit/Emblem pairs will be. I'm at an impasse with five units: Mystical!Citrenne, Calvary!Clanne, Dragon!Veyle, Flying!Hortensia, and Qi Adept!Jean. The unspoken for Emblems are: Celina, Sigurd, Byleth, Tiki, Soren, and Camilla. And also Leif I guess but lol.

The main points of contention are whether I should give Citrenne Celica or Camilla, and whether Veyle should get Byleth or Camilla. Citrenne has enough magic that she could probably outright kill enemies with Echo, but Camilla's Lightning seems like it could act as Olwen+ and fire is a good terrain to be able to set. Common knowledge says Camilla and Byleth are both good picks for Veyle but with the exception of fire all of Camilla's terrains just seem like worse version of Corrin's and the Rally Spectrum part of Byleth is ultimately less important than the dance itself.

I'm also waffling between Marth and Roy for Backup!Goldmary so I guess one of those Emblems is also free, but with the exception of Marth!Clanne I'm not seeing any synergy.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Yeah, I hoped Fixed Growths as an option is here to stay cause I'm having a ton of fun with it on my second playthrough

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I had Goldmary equipped with Leif and the AI managed to get around adaptable by attacking with a tomahawk, causing her to swap to the master lance and get broken, allowing another enemy to follow up for free. I swore off of Leif after that

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Eirika also gives bonus damage on her engage attack to Calvary, which helps secure kills against corrupted wyrms

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Hunt11 posted:

Not a fan of the Camilla one. They really should have gone with the harbor map and had you doing a desperate defense rather then an annoyingly long slog.

The fact that they had two bites at the apple when picking a Fates map and neither were Conquest 10 is truly embarrassing on their end.

There's a few misses amongst the paralogues in general. I guess picking two wide open fields for Awakening is accurate to the game but there are actually interesting maps they could have picked. Eirika's paralogue is in a similar spot where it made me realize that FE8 actually has a ton of banger maps they could have chosen instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Scorched Sand would be excellent, especially if you wanted to make Ephraim and Eirika seperate bosses in place of Valter and Calleach respectively. You could also do something with Chapter 8 where Eirika is on the throne but Ephraim can arrive with reinforcements like he does usually except they're enemy reinforcements this time.

Unfortunately this would require giving Ephraim voiced dialogue so IntSys would never do it.

You could make it Queen of White Dunes too, Eirika having the Wind Sword as an engage weapon was already giving me war flashbacks to it