Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Concurred posted:

the ring/hero system are not appealing to me

I don't get this. Sure, it's a silly idea but in the end they are just items which bolster your movement or other stats and give new types of attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Eimi posted:

It's the tone that's the nail in the coffin for me. The gameplay honestly looks amazing, but I don't know if I could handle the writing based off the stuff that's come out this week. Three Houses had characters that really felt human to me with a ton of depth and going back to Awakening tier characters is a nightmare.

Not sure if I have missed something this week, but from what I read there is less story, social stuff and characterization than in Three Houses and the stuff that was told wasn't bad at all, for example Anna not being one-note character whose whole personality revolves around being greedy.

That combined with the gameplay stuff and this being a very late FE anniversary game it feels like they're going back to basics.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Zore posted:

Do we know what the Fire Emblem is in the game yet?

I'm gonna guess its eventually going to be Marth's Engage ring but outside bet on it somehow being the OG shield popping up again.

Since they say in the trailer that the engage rings are called emblems, it's definitely one of them.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The truth is it will be revealed IntSys also did nothing on Engage, except this time it will have been made by Gust and have more lesbian endings than every single game in the series together.

(Disclaimer: I never played Atelier so not sure how much male gay it has).

Screenshots from the art book have been posted online. The game uses Unity and not the engine Gust uses, also no mentions of Gust or Koei-Tecmo in the IP section of the book, so most likely Gust involvement is very low or Gust didn't work on the game at all.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Seems the day-one DLC dumps you a lot of stat boost items and a silver card.