Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022
I will not ENGAGE in this sommie discourse. Feh is a better mascot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022

Kanos posted:

Is it "Ah-leer" or "Ah-lay-ar"? I don't recall the name actually being pronounced in one of the trailers yet.

I'm just gonna say ahh-lai-ear in a real bad southern drawl

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022

Tae posted:

What exactly are you supposed to do against enemies that can't be moved and parked on an unbreak tile? Just spam draconic hex and hope for the best?

Doesn't break staff bypass that?

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022

Tae posted:

I started my maddening run and was about to finish chapter 5 but forgot to equip bond rings to gain sp, argh please tell me the sp rate is poo poo enough to not care about 1 mission

engage rings are 1:1 exp to sp, bond rings are 1:1/2 exp to sp and no ring means NO SP FOR YOU

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022
There are some primo cheese strats and positioning that I wanna share for ch17 maddening. I have’t beaten it yet but its still fun.

1) corrin on a mystical unit does the fire spread effect in a forward aoe. The movement debuff is crucial for denying area so enemies will cofus on a target for enemy phase. Its also Incredibly useful for slowing the upper rush of units as you mop up stragglers. Combine with a dancer and you can lock down a 3x6 rectangle with slowed enemies.

2) fracture works on wyrms. Merciless procs on break. Fantastic combo for nuking the everloving poo poo out of wyrms.

3) zeph loves to target my dancer in a line. Idk why. Useful to lure her and pick her off.

4) blade weapons can be used on eirika’s engage attack to deal a lot of damage. Very useful for kill confirming.

5) dragonic hex does not proc on backup hits. Still usefull on a dagger unit with high avoid so its a free debuff.

6) Just let griss dark warp nuke. Easiest kill and you are setup to choke the top right enemies on the bridge.

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022
I’m out of money pretty fast chasing refines and staff upkeep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022
I have discovered on maddening enemy units get the good skills.

Like swordmaster deathblow

Or axe paladin swordbreaker

Or swift stance griffon knights.

Thank GOD berserkers dont come with passive crit.