Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I got into FE with 3 Houses, and I didn't get it until like a year after it had come out, but I loved it so much I've gone back and played a a bunch of older FE games now.

So I'm excited to be in on the ground floor of an FE release for the first time ever.

...except that it means that the tile for Engage is sitting on my Switch, taunting my inability to actually open it until next Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

What time does this actually come out on Friday assuming you have a pre-loaded digital version of the game? I feel like Nintendo usually has some set time they release stuff, but I can't remember off hand.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I was a HUGE fan of Three Houses; its world-building, characters, and overall tone, so I'll jump in the chorus of people saying that I find the story of this game pretty predictable, and the tone a little irritating. With all the rings, this is Fire Emblem: Captain Planet.

But the gameplay seems like it's pretty fun so far. The UI changed enough that it's taking a little getting used to though. (And why in the world is the run button in non-battle sections R instead of like B, or Y??)

I'm playing Hard, and it feels like a decent challenge. My characters are not steamrolling the enemies, so I actually have to think and be careful with placements.

vvvvvvv *mind blown* vvvvvvvvvv

Inu fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 20, 2023

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Carlosologist posted:

The only thing that bothers me about the Somniel is that I can’t tell where everyone’s quarters would be. Is everyone just camping all the time? Because I can see that working for like, Lapis and Timerra but not Ivy

You haven't seen any bathrooms anywhere either, have you?

There's a reason why Alear keeps finding "horse" manure everywhere...

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

The doubles are useful for baiting bosses with Engage attacks in some cases too.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Cythereal posted:

Celica's paralogue was extremely underwhelming.

I killed the first wave of summoned mooks and one summoner, then she did warp ragnarok suicide into the middle of my formation. Girl, I had to live through Griss doing this repeatedly in order to get you back, it's not special anymore.

Some of these paralogues have been fun and interesting challenges (Leif comes to mind once I figured out how to deal with it), some have been... that.

I finished the game recently, and aside from early maps, most maps took me about an hour to complete. Some were 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

That paralogue I beat in, like, 15-20 minutes? And I can see how someone could easily do it even faster.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I just got Leif's ring on my second playthrough, and I got the Olwen S ring on my 2nd or 3rd ring I made.

I was planning to use Citrinne anyway, so I'm just going to weld this to her finger I guess.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I decided to make Etie a Swordmaster this time through because, why not? She has natural strength, and I assume Swordmaster will give her speed, and what else do you need?

I'm also using Pannette this time after benching her last time. I put her on a wyvern, and she's a flying death machine.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I wasn't finding maddening to be that big of a jump in difficulty until I tried playing through some of the bracelet paralogues after the point where promoted enemies start appearing.

I did Tiki's early on, way before promoted units, and it didn't feel much harder than on hard, but now I'm trying Hector's, and each and every cluster of enemies is a slog to take out. I actually gave up on Chrom and Robin's and decided to come back when I have Corrin for crowd control because the huge mobs of promoted enemies were so overwhelming.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Harrow posted:

Even Hector's isn't that bad--the enemies become really difficult to kill but there's no time pressure on you at all and the reinforcements are finite and spawn from a predictable spot at predictable times, so you can just crawl forward and play carefully to make it through.

This has been my strategy so far on this one. I gave up on getting the thieves and treasure from the start, didn't split my army, and now I'm stuck near the bottom of the map waiting for the reinforcements to stop so I can move forward again without getting pincered between two groups of enemies.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I'm going to play the game through at least once more, and I actually want to do it without any DLC this time.

The bracelets are fun, but they (and the exp you get from their maps) throw off the balance of the game I think. And I just don't feel like going through the Xenologue all over again, so RIP DLC characters and classes.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

jimmydalad posted:

I know it’s supposed to be a serious scene in the Fell Xenologue when (spoilers for the final chapter) Mauvier uses the warp staff to save the others. However, I can’t help but laugh at how abruptly he sends away Madeline I’m the middle of her confession of love. I like to imagine he could hear the sirens going off in his mind and shut that down before it got out of hand.

Honestly, I also thought it was pretty hilarious that they conveniently figured out how to off the one guy who had the same name in the alt world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

That is a really fun paralogue. I've never actually rushed the boss though. I usually use some sort of terrain cheese right at the one-tile entrance to pick off the units around Marth and chip him down until I feel confident to run in. I'm way better at Coward Emblem than I am at Rush Emblem.