Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I have bought every western release of fire emblem since they started coming out and, until very recently, played a total of 0 of them.

I just completed the very first western release on the gameboy advance.

My thoughts are:

I enjoyed the gameplay (except 2 part final chapter, what a terrible slog). I disliked the story and pretty much all the characters. After chapter 20 I was skipping all the dialog and never felt I missed anything.

I’m reaching out to ask for help. Which western release fire emblem has the most refined gameplay? I really had fun playing the GBA game.

Story doesn’t matter because I’ll likely end up skipping it. If it does have a good story, that’s a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Thank you all for your suggestions. It sounds like, even if I won't be able to fully appreciate the references and cast of Engage, it is the best one to jump into next. Sounds like the highest highs are the Gamecube and Wii ones and I'll save them for the end.