Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
i like everything I've seen about Engage so far and I can't wait to play it.

Chloe going to be my MVP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tae posted:

RPG site did a podcast preview and he got annoyed at the embargo so he basically gave a more detailed review on a few things.

-The hangout castle is mostly skippable, the boosts you gain are incredibly minor to the point that it's more for fun than three houses-esque chores
-The non-Emblem rings and gacha and all that are mostly useless, you eventually field all 12 rings so no one is going to use a fake ring instead.
-There is technically marriage, but it's less involved than even three houses
-He had the game since mid december, so every major site's impression is probably given enough time in the oven

Didn't we see that the minor non-emblem rings can be slotted into the Major ones? Wouldn't those minor rings still be useful for pure stats?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

babypolis posted:

I mean it looks perfectly fine, im not complaining or anything. i just feel like it doesnt have the usual FE look/style

It's a modern anime style, as opposed to the anime style of the time when the other games came out. Also it looks like they remembered that colors exist after Three Houses so that's good too.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

DLC Inc posted:

im probably def wrong but it feels like there has been a substantially smaller focus on this game compared to 3 Houses. I remember seeing vids and previews for 3H in every drat Direct but unless they've been releasing videos individually I can't recall a single thing they've shown for this one.

It feels like the Fire Emblem community and streamers are really doing the bulk of the work, at least to me. Maybe it's because FE is a lot bigger now they can get away with that? There are a lot more videos on the JP side of things though, it's NoA that seems to be kind of quiet on it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

Why is the framedrop so terrible

Three Houses was not super well optimized. I watched that Digital Foundry regarding Engage and the comparisons they did made it clear 3H was not a technical marvel. It struggled to keep 30fps in battle and don't even get started on the monastery.

It also had the color palette of an early CoD game.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Drakenel posted:

The dumb ads for this game make it look like a gacha phone game.

I assume it isn't, but it's really starting to unsell me on the game.

cool i'll take your copy

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Endorph posted:

heres my fe games ranking

Hell yeah, Radiant Dawn number one 4lyfe.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with my best friends Micaiah and Ike.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Supremezero posted:

Can the year of srpg's get extended to summer? Cuz they just leaked an fft remaster for summer

who is they and where

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Ah man, fingers crossed but that's a lot of info that feels like Uncle Nintendo stuff. FFX-3? I'm in but I'll also believe it when I see it.

I do like the "Stories from Ivalice" title for the possible remake.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Probably a little late to the party but this made me actually download FE:Heroes: https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/order-of-heroes/ - extra weapons/rings for FE:Engage.

More stuff is good stuff I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

FEH is kinda a bad game, no lie and I'm saying this as the biggest FE simp

Yeah, the tutorial is nothing I like about Fire Emblem with a giant gacha so personally I don't really want to play it, but all you have to do for that is link your Nintendo account and you get some new waepons/rings for Engage.