Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

goblin week posted:

Here to watch Neo TWEWY

It's not Neo. It's Final Remix which is the Switch HD port/re-release of the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Oh!

Weirdly enough this might be actually even more interesting because I've never seen the original one speedran :)

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, only 10 minutes in and my mind is already blown. In Splatoon 3, the boss patterns aren't RNG, runners figured out that they are based on the player character's hairstyle.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
that After Alterna run was sick

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Wow, I haven’t heard this song in like 15 years, the OCRemix playlist is a well of nostalgia.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Absolutely insane movement in that Splatoon 3 run.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
i know this is not exactly news but Awful Block is absolutely stacked with choice stupid poo poo this year, i'm going to be up all night with it and then zombie walk through my Thursday classes.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
loving The Ladder

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Whoever came up with the new gimmick for the donation tracker is brilliant.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Can't believe we've already clipped out of the marathon.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Nemo2342 posted:

Can't believe we've already clipped out of the marathon.

And normally when they talk about skipping dialog to save frames they mean in-game dialog.

edit: I see this is going to be one of those speedruns that only has the most tenuous connections to actually playing the game.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 8, 2023

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
...And the audio's gone again. It's a shame they're having so many technical issues this early.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Dogshit shirts.

I guess cancer wins this year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
love BotW ragdoll physics skips

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Should I take Thursday off so I can stay up Wednesday night/Thursday morning to catch Awful Block? No.

Am I going to anyway? Yes absolutely

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
OOF

Taken out by an AOE

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Givin posted:

Dogshit shirts.

The SMB3 shirt is a winner. Also grabbed that coffee/mug combo.

I've got the marathon running the background today, nothing feels like I really need to lock-in on until that DKC3 race tonight. I have never been a fan of the DKC series, but I love watching them speedrun because there's always a lot of very weird strategies that are firmly in "How did anybody find this, even on accident" territory.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
whats on rn?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

bout to be crash 3 any% (n-sane trilogy version) in a few mins

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
PRIZES!

Followed by Crash Bandicoot 3

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

haha what posted:

bout to be crash 3 any% (n-sane trilogy version) in a few mins

Cernunnos posted:

PRIZES!

Followed by Crash Bandicoot 3

Ah, i loved crash as a kid, beat it several times, there must be some interesting tech in the run.
I'm not gonna watch any of it.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

gotta get those donations in for the ocarina-shaped herb stripper

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Givin posted:

Dogshit shirts.

nothing really to my taste but i'm getting the Frogun shirt for a friend

only so many videogame/pop culture novelty shirts i can rotate through while teaching anyways

rox
Sep 7, 2016

yeah crash owns, i especially love crash 2 which has the better set of levels imo but crash 3 is great in its own right

cheers and enjoy your day :cheers:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
2 > 1 > 3.

3 does the typical platformer sequel bullshit of not doing the platforming instead introducing awful lovely gimmick stages. 2 is the sweet spot, and one of the best psx games

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ArfJason posted:

2 > 1 > 3.

3 does the typical platformer sequel bullshit of not doing the platforming instead introducing awful lovely gimmick stages. 2 is the sweet spot, and one of the best psx games

yup fully agree with this

i have a soft spot for 3 tho i think because i bought it entirely with canadian tire money as a kid lmao

buying video games from the sporting goods/auto parts store ftw

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005
Got some interesting things going on in between runs. The counter with the desert bus and solid snake climbing. And I saw some street fight 2 fight with Sagat and dhalsim fighting with sone percentages laid out...

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Purgatory Glory posted:

And I saw some street fight 2 fight with Sagat and dhalsim fighting with sone percentages laid out...

Is GDQ doing Saltybet now?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The third run and we've already broken 50K, wow

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've never played a Crash game before but it seems like people really like them

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The BoTW run was the kind where I have to watch it again to get some semblance of an idea what's actually happening.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

The third run and we've already broken 50K, wow
There's some statistics tracking here.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Crash was amazing, started off with a blind out of bounds underwater level and went on and on and on. Amazing, plus a nice time. A recommended watch.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Crash runners gotta show Hobz up at every event.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ArfJason posted:

2 > 1 > 3.

Yes unfortunately. I played them in 3 - 2 - 1 order tho, so it took me until the N.Sane trilogy to actually appreaciate that Crash 2 was superior.
Slightly. All games are great.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Crash Run was excellent. Excited to see Catalyst, I love ME but never played the sequel so figure this'll be as good a way as any to see what I've been missing

rox
Sep 7, 2016

some cool new skips i hadnt seen before, good stuff :)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hell yea, saltybet nba jam

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Those Mirror Edge games beg you to break them on a casual run, can't wait to see what happens when a speedruner gets into it. Especially since it's NG+, meaning a lot of stuff is avaliable from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

YorexTheMad posted:

Is GDQ doing Saltybet now?

Looks like their running an AI Arena style thing for downtime Channel point betting.