Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Timby posted:

Harbaugh's in play because he's desperate to get out of his NCAA Level 1 violations. I can see Spanos moving heaven and Earth to get him, since Harbaugh wants to go to a team with a good quarterback and a decent defense.

There's also the Sean Payton wild card, though I don't think he's quitting his TV job just yet.

This right here shows that you have no idea what you're talking about, no offense.

The spanoses are insanely cheap when it comes to coaches. If they fire Staley at all, they'll just hire some other first time coordinator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Holy poo poo. I'm in a place where I couldn't watch the game and honestly stopped checking when it was 27-0. Sorry cape.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Lifespan posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm in a place where I couldn't watch the game and honestly stopped checking when it was 27-0. Sorry cape.

I almost stopped following after it was 27-0 but something was tapping the back of my skull “Doug Pederson won Philly their first Superbowl ever with a backup quarterback, stick around a bit longer just in case the biggest Chargering of all time happens…”

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I believed in Trevor Lawrence

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This has to stitch up Coach of the Year for Doug Pederson, doesn't it?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Are they still voting for that, tho, or does that end with the regular season?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/OddsStack/status/1614489184294801408?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Black Lighter posted:

Are they still voting for that, tho, or does that end with the regular season?

I have no idea how the voting actually works.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

It has no effect on it. All the voting was done this past week after the regular season ended and before the playoff started, they just don’t announce the winners of stuff like Coach of the Year or MVP and such until the NFL Honors show the Thursday night before the Super Bowl.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

As an old grumpy Patriots fan watching highlights of the Chargers game hearing "Intercepted by Asante Samuel" I got super fricken confused for a solid few seconds

edit: to keep this post from being garbage my Views is that expanding the number of games the Wild Card week has significantly reduced the announcer quality. There's not 6 playoff-caliber announcer teams in broadcasting and especially not on Fox.

Tom Tucker fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 15, 2023

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It’s probably gonna be Pederson or Daboll.

Mayyyyyyybe MuscleCoach, but he didn’t make the playoffs like the other two did.

gently caress the Rams.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
So how many slurs do you think Bosa let loose? One? Two?

God, the fact that that idiot directly contributed to this loss is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/NOsei07/status/1614475927966171136?t=WwgQoKYYL-Mo_bpJD-Srnw&s=19

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 15, 2023

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

fartknocker posted:

It has no effect on it. All the voting was done this past week after the regular season ended and before the playoff started, they just don’t announce the winners of stuff like Coach of the Year or MVP and such until the NFL Honors show the Thursday night before the Super Bowl.

Someone needs to leak whether Geno got an MVP vote or not.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gatts posted:

Trevor can recover but the narrative will be can he perform when it counts under pressure in the big games

Chris James 2 posted:

I didn't think Trev could recover from Urban

I very much don't think Trev can recover from both Urban and this game

lol and, I cannot stress this enough, lmao.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MJeff posted:

lol and, I cannot stress this enough, lmao.

You’d think people would have leaned by now not assume games are over at halftime. Especially not when it’s the Chargers in the lead.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You’d think people would have leaned by now not assume games are over at halftime. Especially not when it’s the Chargers in the lead.

I just wasn't sure if even the Chargers had the ability to piss the game away. I was mistaken.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gonz posted:

It’s probably gonna be Pederson or Daboll.

Mayyyyyyybe MuscleCoach, but he didn’t make the playoffs like the other two did.

gently caress the Rams.

There is no way it Campbell, he has the same record as the Jags but the jags won their division instead of chocking at Carolina

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The media really likes the Daboll narrative. Turning this trash roster into a playoff team. I think Kevin O'Connell deserves it. The vikings are secretly bad but they won all those games.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Dejan Bimble posted:

The media really likes the Daboll narrative. Turning this trash roster into a playoff team. I think Kevin O'Connell deserves it. The vikings are secretly bad but they won all those games.

When you win 13 games against THAT strength of schedule, it's definitely more than being a fraud. Even if it's just Advanced Fraudulence, which I don't think it is, the Vikes should at least earn that level of respect.

There's most of a good team on this roster at the absolute minimum. It just needs more than literally one year under the new regime to fully develop.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Woozie66 posted:

So how many slurs do you think Bosa let loose? One? Two?

God, the fact that that idiot directly contributed to this loss is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/NOsei07/status/1614475927966171136?t=WwgQoKYYL-Mo_bpJD-Srnw&s=19

I thought it was Nick Bosa that was the turbo chud. It's both?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hizawk posted:

I feel deep down you know the answer to this

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This was somehow not the biggest comeback of the year, though I'm not sure bodying Matt Ryan or the Colts should count.

I knew the outcome of Vikings/Colts when I watched and I still could not believe it was going to happen until it did.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nervous posted:

Someone needs to leak whether Geno got an MVP vote or not.

The MVP voting is different this year, instead of each of the 50 voters just picking the one person they each want as MVP, they’re now ranking their top 5 choices. I doubt he’ll get many 1st or 2nd place votes, but Geno is almost guaranteed to get ranked in the 3rd-5th spot by a few voters. We won’t find out the final results until after the NFL Honors show the Thursday before the Super Bowl.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Real question isn’t about Staley getting fired but Herbert getting traded.

Couple firsts do the trick, you think? God knows spanos isn’t paying him.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Jesus if they trade Herbert just contract the team.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Fiz not even my diary has the team trading or not extending Herbert

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Although they should be wary because Herbert is just long haired kirk cousins at this point

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

wtf are you smoking? Teams are falling over themselves to get average at best starters. Herbert is one of the top ten QBs in the league easily, and will be 25 going into next season.

Plus the Chargers just had Philip Rivers there for 15 years with no issues/arguments over salary.

What on earth would ever make you think that even the cheapest team in the league would trade a top ten QB for anything?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
the Chargers have no issues paying the players, for the most part. It's paying literally anything else, but especially the coaching and medical staffs that they cheap out on. They're not serious about winning because of that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

the Chargers have no issues paying the players, for the most part. It's paying literally anything else, but especially the coaching and medical staffs that they cheap out on. They're not serious about winning because of that.

All of this

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Hizawk posted:

I heard Joey's into anime myself.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey is too busy beating elden ring with a guitar hero controller.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I fully believe Joey believes the same things as Nick, but he's been smart enough to keep that poo poo private

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the joey bosa gimmick is that he is always injured and in fact possibly dead.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Did anyone else catch Kurt Warner drawing dignity during NFL Gameday Morning?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

Did anyone else catch Kurt Warner drawing dignity during NFL Gameday Morning?

not all of us went to gudger college

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/casonfikes/status/1614295564702588928?s=20

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

I fully believe Joey believes the same things as Nick, but he's been smart enough to keep that poo poo private

Even Nick has been smart enough to keep his mouth shut since he entered the league, as far as I remember. His stuff was all social media posts that surfaced in the lead up to the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

I think Carolina's track record with QBs has influenced your opinion on this subject perhaps.

Herbert is going nowhere.