Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1612505435239583744?s=46&t=-SDnUhDUVKZE0duUTkNglQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1612548990578593792?t=DP0lr7nG-hYM6dLdSuF5Ag&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1612907804347490304

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Him or Elway? Although Rodgers has as many career rushing yards as Elway at this point and I'm not sure I'd consider him a running QB.

Randall Cunningham

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Trying to think of another time the nfc play off teams only had one qb drafted in the first round.

Now, the AFC.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

God drat the Chargers just live in your head don't they

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Brandon Staley sucks and he holds back the chargers

Yeah?

Who are you arguing with you dumb retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 13, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I stand corrected. That's... steep for a team without a 1st

They have a first. From your team lol.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Staley you dipshit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Thread, the Jaguars have now officially gone from consecutive worst records to a winning record and division championship without a single Pro Bowler or All Pro

In what world is Doug Pederson not coach of the year?

Brian Daboll exists

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The Giants had a better record and more talent last year

He also has Daniel Jones

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MJeff posted:

If the Chargers lose to Jacksonville, I dunno how you don't fire Staley now.

0% chance

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dietrich posted:

The Chargers lost by 4 touchdowns to the jags like 3 months ago.

What does that have to do with there being a 0% chance that they fire Staley?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dietrich posted:

My bad, thought you meant 0% chance they lose to the jags. there's at least a 5% chance.

I think the Jags will not win by 4 touchdowns and I still think the Chargers will win, but if the Jags win I'll be rooting for them the rest of the way

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm seething

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Also he was injured twice previously this season and probably really could've used a week off

Staley only dressed 4 WRs for that game and then used roster size after the game to justify it.

I hate it here

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm not even mad about him playing starters. It's how long they played that I just don't understand.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

If I'm a charger's fan I'm apoplectically mad at Staley for playing people in that game. Literally meaningless and you're leading into your stud quarterback's playoff debut. I don't care if you can't dress two receivers, trott out the sixth string cornerback as your wide receiver before you put Williams out there.
It should have been treated like a preseason game if you're dead set on playing starters to keep momentum or whatever. Everyone important should have been out of the game after two series'.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ort posted:

Mike Williams is legitimately scary to play against too. I feel like 50 50 balls to him can singlehandedly win games.

And have! This year even!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1613936175722696710?t=R1BwqKrtYLrfFTjlfTTwHg&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

OneMoreTime posted:

Like I get that Staley got his incredibly talented team to the playoffs for the first time in his head coaching career and it's only his second season and all but like, at a certain point this dude makes so many bad decisions to just be considered incredibly negligent in his responsibilities right? Like you kept your starters out for the final game of the season and now your best receiver is out for the rest of the season in all likelihood.

Like yeah, he's not getting fired and he probably shouldn't, but drat it really feels like he needs to get his team SOMEWHERE in the playoffs to justify being coach.

Listen, Tom Coughlin played his starters in a meaningless week 17 game vs the Patriots, and they won the superbowl. Therefore,

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Hypothetically if the Bengals win the super bowl, and the last time they lose a football game is October 31st, I will be super insufferable for like 8 months. Possibly forever.

What if they lose Sunday

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1614255638124584960?t=IE5xFwu4IbmSz3mbxoixJw&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChargersCountry/status/1614324855725490178?t=k_Hv0TW9EplJOjI14yRqBQ&s=19

My heart

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

After spending 20,000 usd installing concrete floors into his dad's brewery while forgetting to add drains

Wait til you see his AC unit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1614382320370307074?t=A_W3qfDet8cbGV0CGJaAWQ&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I feel sick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

I have good news, friend. Your dumb poo poo-rear end coach is cooked because the dudes on the field are a goddamn goldmine when you don't have a pathetic coward calling the plays. You guys are gonna be good.

it's the chargers. they never spend on coaches and always keep them a year too late. it would utterly shock me if staley got fired

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Timby posted:

Harbaugh's in play because he's desperate to get out of his NCAA Level 1 violations. I can see Spanos moving heaven and Earth to get him, since Harbaugh wants to go to a team with a good quarterback and a decent defense.

There's also the Sean Payton wild card, though I don't think he's quitting his TV job just yet.

This right here shows that you have no idea what you're talking about, no offense.

The spanoses are insanely cheap when it comes to coaches. If they fire Staley at all, they'll just hire some other first time coordinator

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

the Chargers have no issues paying the players, for the most part. It's paying literally anything else, but especially the coaching and medical staffs that they cheap out on. They're not serious about winning because of that.

All of this

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I fully believe Joey believes the same things as Nick, but he's been smart enough to keep that poo poo private

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It would’ve helped if they paired with someone who had actual energy and not Tony loving Dungy. Al’s old and not what he once was but Dungy is anti enthusiasm personified. I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea

It felt like half of Dungy's commentary was complaining about contact down the field and the lack of penalties

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Good lord Joey

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

lol

true MAGA mind here

"it was fixed! STOP THE COUNT!"

Wrong bosa