Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The thing about him playing in the Bengals game is it's not a "hindsight is 20/20" thing, plenty of people thought that he shouldn't play in that game going into it.

Giving his coach a pass seems entirely too charitable to me. Plenty of coaches have held players out of games they were cleared to play with less cause. It also didn't do the guy any favors in my book that he immediately tried to talk it down and diminish his responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Florio is the infowars of football.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

how come the bengies have sub-average draft capital? is it because they're going to have draft picks in the 20s or 30s and don't have extra picks? that makes sense. thanks

Either they are projecting comp picks or they u/s a full set of draft picks in the 28-31 range is low. They have all 7 picks this year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The chart knows Bengals are drafting #31 this year

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

That's more Huntley's game. Lamar will sometimes get physical with DBs but usually is smart enough to avoid charging head on into the bigger guys. But yeah Lamar really shouldn't play. It sucks so bad we won't get to see him again this year but you just can't.

The first couple years in Lamar's career He was a loving magician for avoiding hits but he seemed to have lost the knack for it last year to predictable results.

The first thing I noticed from the 2021 Bengals versus Ravens game was that Lamar was getting hit in a way that he never used to.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Cam being the comp for Josh Allen completely minimizes Allen's ability as a pure passer.

That's why I think Bills fans are mistaken defending that. Sure, it's awesome when Allen absolutely trucks a linebacker. But Allen has all the tools to be a pocket passer who plays for like 15 years.

Cam, on the other hand, lol. In the immortal words of Ray Stantz from Ghostbusters "you never studied."

Cam probably would have had a much more normal career if the refs gave a poo poo about him getting roughed every other snap.

People talk about "when you run you're a runner" But Cam would get brutalized in the pocket out of the pocket on his feet on the ground didn't matter.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Carrolina who says no?

He's a dude who's career is almost entirely positive with a new head coach who's career at that position is entirely negative I know who I would blame. It's got to be hard playing quarterback when you know your defense is going to give up 28 points a game, you'd have to go into the game pressing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I had to bet on any individual player in the NFL not wanting to play in the New York media market it would be Carr. Seems like that would go about as well as Meadow Soprano's college roommate.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully by now Tua has learned how to stand up to his father.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

I never would've pegged Chargers/Jags as The Game That Tore TFF Apart.

Belichick is gonna get himself fired sticking up for Matt Patricia. Whatever!

What team besides the Commies has less "stable" ownership than the Broncos?

The only thing we know for sure about the current Denver ownership is they have a track record of firing 100% of their head coaches in a year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can we discuss "back fracture, 2 to 3 weeks" for a second?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I'm a charger's fan I'm apoplectically mad at Staley for playing people in that game. Literally meaningless and you're leading into your stud quarterback's playoff debut. I don't care if you can't dress two receivers, trott out the sixth string cornerback as your wide receiver before you put Williams out there.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Like, I don't care if it's by one point or 40 points, If the Chargers do lose to the Jags you have to be thinking about those week 18 injuries all offseason.

Considering how bad the Chargers run defense is I wonder how much the Jags might insert some designed QB runs?

I'm definitely favoring the Chargers in that one. The Jags have not been reliable and the Chargers are more talented, but it's easy to imagine the Jaguars finagling a quick lead and dominating time of possession. Imo it's the most interesting matchup this weekend.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I agree with Sammy that Lamar "hobbling out" there without any practice and blowing out the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals would require actual magic.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't like working with a tummy ache at a desk job. These people are loving insane.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I haven't seen what this looks like but it sounds like literally the virgin vs chad meme

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to be skeptical about complaints of an NFL player's work ethic up until the moment they get caught a la Jamarcus Russell.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hypothetically if the Bengals win the super bowl, and the last time they lose a football game is October 31st, I will be super insufferable for like 8 months. Possibly forever.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

What if they lose Sunday

They wouldn't, but variance.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the dumbest gamble you can possibly make is that no one else is going to want to pay a capable starting quarterback more than you want to pay them.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In 5 years when Watson hasn't done anything for the Browns the only silver lining for that fan base is going to be that they utterly hosed the Ravens.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Respect.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Haha that rules.

*Looks at own roster*

Actually this is serious and that monster needs to be stopped.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I mean

Maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They need to make this expedited review thing permanent for the regular season.

The only downside I can see is it can cause kind of a lack of clarity for the coach as to whether or not they actually need to challenge.

I think the biggest problem with the NFL officiating system isn't necessarily the number of challenges or what plays can be challenged. The problem is the fact that, even when poo poo gets to New York, there's a remarkable lack of consistency in how things are called.

Both of these plays for example went to New York and the exact opposite decision was made. See if you can figure out why:

https://youtube.com/shorts/aZaQ63ZxSZc?feature=share (profanity)

https://youtu.be/f5eO2ymIPK0

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 18, 2023