Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Moving from the last thread

I know fans have to cope but McCaffrey is going to have like 200 yards and 4 TDs. The Seahawks are on the ropes and only barely beat Baker Mayfield in overtime.

Geno loving owns and I wish him the best but the ride is about to end

Geno looked downright lost at times against the Panthers defense when Seattle played Carolina and their pass rush isn't on the level that the 49ers is. I like Geno and he's a cool story but I think this is his test to see if he gets a big extension or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its a position where you can have a jewel in the crown like Luke was in Carolina but you can scheme around a middling talent if you have to. You just need your mlb to be good at run fits and you can survive with nickel packages and extra safeties if you have a decent line.

Then again defenses in general can be schemed to cover deficiencies easier than offenses can be.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Cam probably would have had a much more normal career if the refs gave a poo poo about him getting roughed every other snap.

People talk about "when you run you're a runner" But Cam would get brutalized in the pocket out of the pocket on his feet on the ground didn't matter.

Yeah Cam never ever got the calls Tom Brady gets for even egregious hits. I still remember the season opener in 2016 where guys were helmet to the face mask and they didn't call it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have a gut feeling the Chargers are going to be far and away the better team when they play the Jaguars but still trip over their dicks and lose because of a dumb coaching decision because that is the Charger way.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fsif posted:

Could the Raiders hold out for more draft assets by just eating the post-Super Bowl guaranteed money and trading him later?

They could, but I think their best bet would be to talk to Carr ask him for a short list and then start working those teams. "What will you give us for Carr" and then you start working those bids off one another.

The deeper into the offseason you get you start losing suitors.

You probably get lot more acceptable landing places from Carr and a lot more capital when 8 teams need a QB than when three or four of them have found their guy. The closer you get to the draft I'd argue the more likely teams are to fall in love with a prospect, teams also horde their picks a lot closer to the draft.

Week four teams trade away a first or second rounder for guys they wouldn't in march.

And like was pointed out. The longer you wait the more it costs.

I think the hurdle at this point though is coaching staff as to where he goes. It's all well and good if he wants to go the Texans or the panthers but he probably wants to know who his head coach and coordinator are going to be.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If I was the panthers I'd be chasing him. Use the entire draft on offensive weapons and sign some fat dudes to help stop the run.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trying to think of another time the nfc play off teams only had one qb drafted in the first round.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s gotta retire. Honestly even Kenny Pickett should consider it after his next concussion. So many in a short period is so drat damaging based in the science I just can’t cheer on Tua returning or doing anything but retire. Some dudes aren’t made for the nfl.

Even if he doesn't retire I wouldn't want him anywhere near anything that can lead to hits for a good 6 months.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh no the dreaded r word. Poor baby.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lolin retardedly over here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is there a possibility the deathly silence about a trade partner for Carr is because every QB needy team has one eye on Baltimore at the moment? I know it's also largely because a huge bunch of the QB needy teams are already wrist deep in a coaching search and the deadline seems to be feb with a lot of football in between but I gotta think the QB rankings as targets would be Lamar, Brady, Carr, Jimmy G if they all end up available right?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

How does a teammate know how much time the dude spent prepping

If he shows up for meetings and doesn't know poo poo about the game plan from their study assignments it would be pretty obvious pretty quick.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kevino07 posted:

It's more likely that every team knows that time is not on the Raiders' side. They have to cut him by February 15 to avoid $40.4 million in guarantees and Carr has a no trade clause so can't be dumped to the highest bidder.

Not a bad point, I think if you're a team like the Jets and Carolina after the last 5 years you probably pull the trigger on a 3rd rounder for the guaruntee, presuming of course Carr would go into any kind of move like that with an open mind and not just be happy to stand pat. I would think any manager or agent worth their salt would be telling him to wait for a release anyway. He'll get more money that way because he'll be getting paid by both the raiders and his new team and can drive his price up. If I was the raiders though I'd be calling any team without an established offer.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Even the early QB trades the last few year like Alex Smith and Stafford didn’t happen until the end of January so I think teams in the market are definitely going to wait until after the Ravens season (presumably) ends to see if there’s any chance he can be had.

Yeah I suppose the other thing too is that the Ravens need to do their own end of year clear outs and assessments that won't happen until their eliminated.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Honestly my gut feeling is Lamar is gone after the season. I've seen enough college basketball to be familiar with the "18 year old kid with parents, handlers, random uncles etc in their ear" being a headache for the coach and team. Lamar comes across as a likeable, fun, but immature and not incredibly bright guy who makes many poor decisions off the field (and sometimes on).

And frankly based on his up and down performance, playoff stats, and mysterious illnesses/injuries he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid quarterback in the league. Neither does Watson but that's a different story. Lamar is great when he's on, but when he's not he's not. That 2019 year is doing a lot of heavy lifting, and for every poop game comeback you get something like 2 years agos Dolphins game.

That said

They tried to half assedly fix the wide receiver situation who then promptly all get injured because they refuse to fire the pro-COVID guy, and draft a bunch of tight ends that they don't use or also get injured (or both), and beyond that no one can tell if Lamar is a high ceiling low floor guy or high ceiling high floor worth the mega contract because the idiots decided to stick with the clown offensive coordinator.

Basically the team has mismanaged the entire situation -based on publicly available information- if they want him to stay here -unless- they're going to meet his salary demands. Roquan Smith represented himself, presumably without his mom and Kodak Black advising him, and became the highest paid ILB in like 2 months, so it's possible in theory to get it done.

Tldr fire Greg Roman

To be fair to Lamar and his performance/s though. His poorish seasons have been 2021 and 2022. His offensive supporting cast has been a casualty ward, the offensive line has been up and down like a loving yo-yo and his offensive coordinator has been phoning it in.

I wouldn't blame him if he was sitting back thinking, my knee doesn't feel 100%. Ive seen other players just get ground into dust and given no support because the team knows they're good enough, why would I sign here until I'm given at least a handshake promise that the teams going to do right by me?

I know the Panthers for example aren't a perfect team but right now they've got a better offensive line, a better receiver group and they will 100% pay as much as a the Ravens for him to come play there. The guy would have rocks in his head to suit up and play for this team. Yeah - make the playoffs and anything can happen, but not for the Ravens. They don't have a running back you can point to that's both healthy and effective and you can't point to a single receiver that would start on another team and the offensive line has not been good.

I still think that his first three years in the league are a better showing of what he can do than the last two have been and I think if he wanted to be in Baltimore he would have already signed and would be braced, needled and suited up to play this weekend.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's a difference between a franchise tag because you want to get his rear end in camp while you work out a deal and a franchise tag where the player says go gently caress yaself and refuses to play or sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I have a gut feeling the Chargers are going to be far and away the better team when they play the Jaguars but still trip over their dicks and lose because of a dumb coaching decision because that is the Charger way.

Welp