Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

kiimo posted:

Cam being the comp for Josh Allen completely minimizes Allen's ability as a pure passer.

That's why I think Bills fans are mistaken defending that. Sure, it's awesome when Allen absolutely trucks a linebacker. But Allen has all the tools to be a pocket passer who plays for like 15 years.

He has the tools but doesn't have the Oline to just sit back and pass he also runs to get out of pressure situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1613313703469776896

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

He can join his brother Matt in Green Bay.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I think Baltimore is being smart in not paying Lamar. He's not a great passer and if he can't run he's not a QB to build around.

nah

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mega64 posted:

It's crazy that three playoff teams will be starting their third-string QB in the playoffs, and one of them is even a serious Super Bowl contender!

It’s loving wild how good Shanahan is. He’s elite, folks.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Clearly it was his fault.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

MJeff posted:

Outta curiosity, 49ers fans, between the Packers, Seahawks and Lions, who did you want to play most, middle and least?

Lions, Packers, Seahawks in that order.

The Lions because they are a fun underdog and if they won I could still root for them. The Packers next just because the 49ers have their number and it would be funny for Rodgers to lose to them again. The Seahawks are last because they are a boring team whose fans will not shut up if they win, and divisional opponents always seem riskier.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Clearly it was his fault.

When you fail to score a TD on your last 33 drives of the season somebody is probably getting fired.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s loving wild how good Shanahan is. He’s elite, folks.

The schemes are ridiculous, the player development is tremendous. Everything you want from a coach. Look at some of Purdy's game film from preseason and compare it to when he went in in relief. Night and day.

Lucky for us, there' no salary cap for HC and GM, Shanahan and Lynch are getting paid, especially if we make it to the Super Bowl.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You won’t get by the Eagles pally

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Pain of Mind posted:

The Seahawks are last because they are a boring team whose fans will not shut up if they win

You better believe it :hawksin:

And how dare you call my boy Geno boring when he's throwing bombs to DK and Lockett.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Looking forward to Woolen recreating Sherman’s “The Tip” this Saturday and laughing hysterically as the Hawks miraculously knock the Niners out of the playoffs yet again.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

seiferguy posted:

The actual list of rushing QBs is kinda fun:

From that list, Fran Tarkenton had the longest career.

Russ will probably overtake Cam Newton if he plays 2-3 more full seasons.

It's also funny to see Fitzmagic and Alex Smith on that list too.

running was the one way in which Alex Smith resembled Joe Montana (who, while not on that list, was a sneaky good runner in the early years)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Artonos posted:

Texans want to interview him too. I guess their pitch is you get to run the whole organization and get a shiny new QB in the draft?

You can add "AFC south lol" to the pros column. Although the Jags are making things a little interesting finally.

:captainpop:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my friend ranked the qbs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the jets situation reminds me of when the bengals did not score a TD for a very long time and the OC was fired. the head coach went on to very spitefully blame all the players to their faces and to the media for the undeserved firing. no one cared due to the poverty franchise

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have a gut feeling the Chargers are going to be far and away the better team when they play the Jaguars but still trip over their dicks and lose because of a dumb coaching decision because that is the Charger way.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Cavauro posted:

the jets situation reminds me of when the bengals did not score a TD for a very long time and the OC was fired. the head coach went on to very spitefully blame all the players to their faces and to the media for the undeserved firing. no one cared due to the poverty franchise

I started following football in the early 90s. So to me the best part of this story is it could have been about 5 different coaches that did this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BlindSite posted:

I have a gut feeling the Chargers are going to be far and away the better team when they play the Jaguars but still trip over their dicks and lose because of a dumb coaching decision because that is the Charger way.

No offense to Chargers fans but I'm hoping for this.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Terrible trigger discipline on Herbie's part. Also insert a bad joke here about him being a social media QB.

BlindSite posted:

I dunno, Dougie P has the Jaguars playing well. I think its going to be a great game.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Good morning TFF. It is January 12th in TYOOL 2023 and the Jacksonville Jaguars are still in the NFL playoffs and the Pittsburgh Steelers are not.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who all do you think are social media quarterbacks in the playoffs this season.

here's punts

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 12, 2023

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/derekcarrqb/status/1613560895011184641

if there was any doubt about carr leaving vegas, this quashes it.

feel bad for him. he does seem like a stand-up guy. and i still don't think he's that bad or anywhere near the main problem in vegas.

hopefully he'll play in a better place.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So I guess he's not going to pretend in order to possibly drive his trade value up (why would he or should he?).

Looks like this is the year the Raiders can get out of that contract cheap, only 5 and a half million or so in dead cap.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
That whole situation seemed really lovely for him and I will be rooting for him on whatever team he ends up on.

Saints? Commanders? Panthers?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

ghosthorse posted:

News: before the start of the season I did not expect the Vikings to be in this thread

Views: I still don't know how the Vikings are in this thread but lol and lmao at the non-fraud teams

The Vikings are the only true team in the playoffs. Only they remain humble and honest with themselves due to the temperance of having to play every game close. As the Packers found out, blowing out teams causes arrogance and looking past your enemy. Then you get your loving kneecaps bitten off.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ort posted:

That whole situation seemed really lovely for him and I will be rooting for him on whatever team he ends up on.

Saints? Commanders? Panthers?
Jets and Titans

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Carr should go to the Jets and get a new lease on life a la Tannehill

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets and Titans

Titans would be good if Henry holds up and the running game keeps him from having to be the focus of their offense.

If there was a QB that should be the poster child of "game manager", Carr should be it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why would you give up resources for Carr when you could just wait until the Raiders cut him and get him for free?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

MJeff posted:

Why would you give up resources for Carr when you could just wait until the Raiders cut him and get him for free?

Because someone else might give up resources for him before he hits free agency.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MJeff posted:

I'd imagine if someone were truly desperate they'd go for it just to get ahead of the crowd, but along with Carr agreeing to a new contract because we're getting into the expensive years there.

I believe Carr has a no trade clause though so he's going to have to be totally on board? Which would be another wrench in any possible trade.

The Raiders are just kinda screwed here I think.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

AndrewP posted:

Carr should go to the Jets and get a new lease on life a la Tannehill

Sorry, this job belongs to Throw Rogan.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Carr's probably better than Tannehill, but not enough to give up resources for him.

Jets or Panthers would be great for him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah he does have a no trade clause after looking it up.

Carr's good enough that he gets to pick where he wants to go amongst QB needy teams, whether that comes after getting cut or through some sort of low round draft pick trade.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i kind of think carr would be absolutely perfect on sf. they should trade all three of their current qb to get a massive haul at other positions, maybe keep one, i guess, then trade for carr and just dink and dunk with like 6 running backs and an absolutely massive defense.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Carr also has to be traded by the 3rd day after the Super Bowl or his injury guarantees turn into full guarantees, which the Raiders obv won't allow. This should resolve fairly soon.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Mega64 posted:

Carr's probably better than Tannehill, but not enough to give up resources for him.

Jets or Panthers would be great for him.
Carr would rule the NFCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

abelwingnut posted:

i kind of think carr would be absolutely perfect on sf. they should trade all three of their current qb to get a massive haul at other positions, maybe keep one, i guess, then trade for carr and just dink and dunk with like 6 running backs and an absolutely massive defense.

No one is giving up a haul for the three guys SF has. Jimmy is a FA, Trey Lance is two years into his rookie deal and has barely played period since 2019 and is coming off another injury. The 49ers still have no clue if he can play or not, no one is giving up anything of importance for him. Purdy is a nice story but it's been like five games