Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Honestly I'm pretty drat satisfied with how the Lions season ended. Getting a winning record after starting 1-6 feels pretty goddamn good and while I do wish I could see them again this year, I think they match up against the 49ers extremely poorly (which they only have in common with about 30 other teams) and ending the season on a win is a better feeling than ending the season getting Christian McCaffery's footprint tattooed into your face.

I can say for sure, I'm very glad the Lions were on SNF after the Seahawks had already won because good lord would it have been deflating to get that win and then flip over to the other channel and watch Baker serve up that OT pick.

Anyway. Eagles vs. 49ers and Chiefs vs. Bills, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

durabrand107 posted:

What was the deal with the Rasul Douglas penalty where he knocked the ball away? Just trying to stop them getting a practice kick? Turned into a pretty big penalty.

He was trying to stop a practice kick, the Lions player pushed him away and he spun around and popped them in the helmet, thus the flag.

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Wyatt should get a hefty fine out of it too.

Between the massive forearm to Swift's face, Walker and Wyatt, the Packers committed three ejectionable actions on one play. Hell of an org they got over there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The only thing sadder than the Raiders trying to sign Brady will be if they actually succeed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He's annoyed by it because it looks fun and the Chiefs offense looks fun to be in and he's in the Broncos offense.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Being an athlete and needing to find stuff to put a chip on your shoulder about so you can be as competitive as possible must be so loving tiring sometimes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stafford ended Brady's career, this goofy post script is just him not accepting it yet because he has no dignity.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is Bermuda supposed to be good or bad for the Cowboys?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Outta curiosity, 49ers fans, between the Packers, Seahawks and Lions, who did you want to play most, middle and least?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why would you give up resources for Carr when you could just wait until the Raiders cut him and get him for free?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They tried to trade Jimmy the first time and couldn't, but if they win a superbowl with Purdy, I bet they can get something for him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I never would've pegged Chargers/Jags as The Game That Tore TFF Apart.

Bellmaker posted:

Well I guess I have to root for the Jags now :yikes:

Yeah this seems like a huge no-no. As is this!

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/12/report-mac-jones-behind-bill-belichick-back-help-struggling-offense/

I certainly don’t blame Mac but maybe this is the real reason he got his rear end benched in the bears game

Belichick is gonna get himself fired sticking up for Matt Patricia. Whatever!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dusty Old Mahomes, full of green dust.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Why would they, they're basically guaranteed to get Young or Stroud, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Colts D is actually pretty solid at least until the end.

:heysexy:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

3 DONG HORSE posted:

i'm not sure i want to give up a pick for a coach at this point

Yes you do. Sean Payton is a proven commodity, unlike ol' what's-his-name, who you definitely don't want.

shirts and skins posted:

Not if someone else trades up with Chicago, since I doubt Houston sees Mills as any kind of QB solution

Who's likeliest to give up a haul to jump to 1 outside of the Colts? I guess Carolina and Tennessee, maybe Washington.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If the Chargers lose to Jacksonville, I dunno how you don't fire Staley now.

Kalli posted:

Texans, Seahawks, Lions, Falcons all also make sense in the top 10, depending on how the prospects look.

Definitely, yeah.

0% chance the Lions trade up for a QB, I would think the Falcons wanna give Riddler a full year, don't the Seahawks kinda have to ride with Geno now?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eifert Posting posted:

Can we discuss "back fracture, 2 to 3 weeks" for a second?

How long did it take for Bruce Wayne, like a week?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sammy Watkins wants Lamar to play because if he doesn't, the lasting memory on himself this season is him running the wrong route so many times it cost Green Bay a game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1614011026395090952

Thanks, Seahawks, ya fuckers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If we are in a situation where Lamar could play, but is choosing not to because he doesn't want to reaggeavate his injury and he just doesn't care if that ends the Ravens' season, then, well, he's right to do it.

The Ravens have had a whole lot of time to not lowball him and build a real offense around him. If they go down like punks on Sunday and Lamar scoots off to the Jets or whatever, then they have nobody to blame but themselves. It's not on him to turn himself into RG3 2.0 so Harbaugh and Roman can keep their jobs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1614246845462548482

Ya don't say.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, hey, has anybody done this yet?

The 49ers look...Purdy good!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

FootballFreak2 posted:

I'm looking at the seahawks vs 49ers odds, and I must say, are the "wise guys" smoking Crack? The Seahawks have this in the bag, they already lost twice to the 49ers, they won't lose again. It's raining down there, so there won't be a heat issue and it's RAIN, what's seattle known for? Dear odds people, lay off the crack!

Hey, can't find very many posts from this guy today after this one, does anybody know what happened to him?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gatts posted:

Trevor can recover but the narrative will be can he perform when it counts under pressure in the big games

Chris James 2 posted:

I didn't think Trev could recover from Urban

I very much don't think Trev can recover from both Urban and this game

lol and, I cannot stress this enough, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bro what actual loving version of reality is he living in where the refs were screwing HIS team in that game.