Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

The Lions won?????????

You should watch the duck Aaron threw to seal the loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If someone has a link to this I would love to see it myself.

https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1612300267126493187

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Anyone got a link to the fight?

The Quay Walker thing? He just shoves a trainer a bit. Insanely stupid move that deserved an ejection and a fine, but nothing else. Seriously, it's such a nothing shove, it's just... man how loving stupid are you?

https://twitter.com/highlghtheaven/status/1612297027378888717

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No way, he's put hands on trainers twice? if so yeah suspend him, because that's literally too stupid to play football

E: OH he is a dumb, dumb man

https://twitter.com/RNBWCV/status/1586893379874463751

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Going from Carr to 2023 Brady is such a clear downgrade I definitely see the Raiders doing it

How? Brady was still better then Carr at everything this year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Brady's getting old, but he just put up a still pretty good statline with a mostly busted offense. Him with Adams / Waller / Renfrow / and a running game would potentially be pretty silly.

Except wait a second, didn't McDaniels piss off Josh Jacobs and he wants out? lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He can consistently move the ball 5-7 yards at a time in the last two minutes of the half.

He had to throw it a billion times to get there. His YPA was at the very bottom of the league. The offense was broken in part because he can’t or won’t throw deep and tried to turn it into the late era dink and dunk pats offense without the players or coaching to support it.

But Brady also had to throw because they absolutely could not run the ball at all. They were comfortably worse then the Texans who were comfortably worse then everyone else at running the ball this year.

Also what the hell, Kyler Murray averaged 6 yards an attempt this year? What the gently caress were the Cardinals doing?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I suspect part of the reason they couldn’t run is because teams were crowding the line because they weren’t worried about getting beat deep when Brady was throwing the ball in 1.5 seconds every time. I know “run to pass” is the axiom but you’ve also got to be able to pass to run as the Titans learned this year.

Trying to find any stats on this and the best I can do so far is Intended Air Yards per pass attempt which has a remarkably funny bottom that doesn't have much corolation with rushing success

#1 by a country mile btw is Mariota at 10.4, then Tua is 2nd at 9.5, then Josh Allen, Derek Carr and Fields round out the top 5... man what a weird stat.

anyway the bottom:

7.2 Mahomes, Lawrence
7.0 Goff
6.9 Jimmy G, Kyler Murray
6.8 Burrow, Baker
6.7 Brady, Stafford
6.4 Herbert, Daniel Jones
6.0 Matt Ryan

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

Man, every game this weekend sounds good as hell.

Seahawks @ 49ers and Dolphins @ Bills both look to be really rough games.

The other 4 all range from fun to excellent though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well, well, this is interesting... this is apparently the new Players' All-Pro voting rules from the NFLPA:

https://nflpa.com/posts/for-the-players-by-the-players-the-players-all-pro-team-is-here

Those are pretty decent rules all in all

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Makes sense, there's little in FA for WR's, so I think it's gonna get expensive.

He's turning 31, but if you need a receiver and are in a championship window, he's gotta be worth at least a 1st despite missing half of each of the last two seasons.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This chart doesnt make any sense to me. The Bengals have all their own picks, the Jaguars have all their own picks except they dont have their own 5th and have an extra 4th and 6th. Both teams are in the playoffs. But the Jaguars have "A lot of capital" and the Bengals do not?

This is what that's based off of from the link:

*shrug* no idea where those %'s are from, Bengals haven't traded any picks.

Patriots are high up in draft percentile, but all they have is the Panthers 3 instead of their own, and some extra 6ths instead of a 5th and 7th. double *shrug*

They say their draft capital formula is based off this value chart so I guess maybe do some number crunching? I dunno I'm not at work so gonna go play games instead

https://overthecap.com/draft-trade-value-chart

Kalli fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 11, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The players rules for the vote were:

Which I think are pretty good, and the team is pretty solid IMO.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I have no idea what anyone would trade for Lance... would anyone give up... a 3rd?

Purdy is cute, but also, nobody's giving up a day 2 pick for him, c'mon now.

But as with many Quarterbacks on the market, without massive extenuating circumstances, them actually being available on the market tells you how good they actually are.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GoatAFC.cx

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MJeff posted:

Yes you do. Sean Payton is a proven commodity, unlike ol' what's-his-name, who you definitely don't want.

Who's likeliest to give up a haul to jump to 1 outside of the Colts? I guess Carolina and Tennessee, maybe Washington.

Texans, Seahawks, Lions, Falcons all also make sense in the top 10, depending on how the prospects look.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Are the Commanders already out on Taylor Heinicke?

Definitely, yeah.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mike Williams is out for the Chargers in a blow for kinda sorta trying to play for a win but not really coaching everywhere!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JT Jag posted:

Thread, the Jaguars have now officially gone from consecutive worst records to a winning record and division championship without a single Pro Bowler or All Pro

In what world is Doug Pederson not coach of the year?

He is both greatly revered for and dragged down by simply not being Urban Meyer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Geno's a FA and also descended back to earth in the 2nd half of the season. Goff is... Goff, he's fine in perfect situations, but neither guy is someone you handcuff yourself to if a prospect in the draft is good enough. Also Ridder's a 3rd round pick, you're fine dumpstering him if the opportunity arises.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

Remember two weeks ago when the Jets cleared Mike White, he was absolutely terrible in the game, they were eliminated from the playoffs then a couple days later were like oh yeah, he has 5 broken ribs?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also he was injured twice previously this season and probably really could've used a week off

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You can also just do what the Packers did with the Rodgers contract or <waves hand at the Saints>. Gigantic vesting bonuses in later years that get split onto void years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1615002789796528129

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RegalThirstyKingbird-mobile.mp4

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That appears to be based off a $30m roster bonus in 2024 that triggers only if he plays in 4 games this upcoming season for them.

They'll cut him post June 1st and "only" have like I think a combined $40m? dead cap split over the next two seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well what if they actually want him?

He's been MIA for 3 years now, that ship has sailed.

Like since putting up 149 / 1725 / 9 in 2019 he's put up:

40 / 438 / 0 in half a season
DNP 2021
16 / 171 / 3 this season.

I don't know if anyone's needed a change of scenery more then him.