Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bellmaker posted:

Unreal that Flores was better for Tua's career than McDaniel.

Get treated like poo poo and jerked around and have your confidence destroyed

Vs

Get brain trauma playing the brain trauma sport

Seems like a false choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bellmaker posted:

He should have been pulled from the Bills game and not been in the drat Bengals game it's not that hard folks

Evidently it’s not that hard since we’ve seen spotters miss obvious bad hits multiple times and had multiple players sent right back out only to later be put into protocol and then players clear protocol on time for the next game anyway.

The problem is what’s good for a players health isn’t necessarily good for their career and often the two are diametrically opposed. It would be best for Tua’s health if Flores had stayed because he’d have been benched and not gotten a chance to get hurt. Wouldn’t have been great for his career though.

Anyway, putting the onus on coaches to interpret a player’s medical fragility and make decisions about whether they’re healthy to play is stupid. It’s guaranteed to lead to bad outcomes. They could simply change the rules to state that any player who enters the protocol is disqualified from their next game which would address many of the concerns about second impact syndrome, but that’s probably not popular with either the players or the owners.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I don’t think Brady is good anymore but he’s still better than Carr and can consistently move the ball especially with a real TE and slot receiver. With Brady they would’ve made the playoffs this year

He can consistently move the ball 5-7 yards at a time in the last two minutes of the half.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Brady's getting old, but he just put up a still pretty good statline with a mostly busted offense. Him with Adams / Waller / Renfrow / and a running game would potentially be pretty silly.

Except wait a second, didn't McDaniels piss off Josh Jacobs and he wants out? lol

He had to throw it a billion times to get there. His YPA was at the very bottom of the league. The offense was broken in part because he can’t or won’t throw deep and tried to turn it into the late era dink and dunk pats offense without the players or coaching to support it.

Bellmaker posted:

I doubt they get Brady. I don’t follow college who’s the 2023 equivalent of Tebow?

Anthony Richardson. He even went to Florida.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kalli posted:

But Brady also had to throw because they absolutely could not run the ball at all. They were comfortably worse then the Texans who were comfortably worse then everyone else at running the ball this year.

Also what the hell, Kyler Murray averaged 6 yards an attempt this year? What the gently caress were the Cardinals doing?

I suspect part of the reason they couldn’t run is because teams were crowding the line because they weren’t worried about getting beat deep when Brady was throwing the ball in 1.5 seconds every time. I know “run to pass” is the axiom but you’ve also got to be able to pass to run as the Titans learned this year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think the Ravens tagging and signing Lamar long term is a no brainer but there are at least some rumblings that he could be had in the off-season via trade.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1612490274072141824

Yea, but it’s Florio

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Mega64 posted:

But if that were true we wouldn't have had Beastquake.

GOOD

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Look, I understand why people like college football, but the NFL exists so that nobody has to watch a 65-7 football game.

A 43-8 Super Bowl isn’t much better.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lifespan posted:

It is not, but at least it is super rare.

The 12 team playoff format will probably make the championship games more balanced in exchange for basically always being filled with two of the same five teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kalli posted:

Makes sense, there's little in FA for WR's, so I think it's gonna get expensive.

He's turning 31, but if you need a receiver and are in a championship window, he's gotta be worth at least a 1st despite missing half of each of the last two seasons.

The eagles have an extra first and Brown, Smith and Hopkins would be nuts as a WR group.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Rams should look into trading Kupp. He could probably get them a pretty good haul.

I doubt the Rams plan to do anything until they know if McVay is coming back and, if not, who the new coach is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

Fun fact, Allen also runs more often than Vick did a full 1 carry more per game. He's a .5 carries per game behind Cam Newton, who also eventually got worn down despite a great start. I also worry that Allen's career might be shortened unless he cuts down on runs at some point.

Cam hurt his shoulder and refused to get it properly treated so by the end he just couldn’t throw downfield or with accuracy anymore.

As for Luck, he probably would have been better off running instead of taking kill shots behind a garbage OL. At least he’d have been better able to protect himself if he wasn’t trying to complete a pass.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I feel like there should be an arbitrary cutoff of yards per game to be considered a dual threat QB. Maybe 25 yards per? In which case I guess Russell Wilson would be the longest and his wheels are already off at 33.

Wilson is also 10th all time in sacks. He’s another guy that took far more abuse trying to pass than trying to run.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Clearly it was his fault.

When you fail to score a TD on your last 33 drives of the season somebody is probably getting fired.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Mega64 posted:

It's funny that of the losing-record playoff teams, the Seahawks put up one of the most memorable playoff victories, the Panthers had a dumb slapfight with a very wounded Cardinals, the Football Team had the best performance of any team against the eventual Super Bowl champs, and the Bucs are basically favorites despite being rear end since it's one of the most clutch QBs against one of the most anti-clutch teams.

Also funny that it's all NFC teams with losing-record division winners.

It seems like it works out badly for the team with the winning record more often than not.

Which is reason 101 why the cowboys are doomed.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

I imagine you're only really giving up a 3/4 round pick.

All of the reporting that has come out is that the Saints are seeking at least a first rounder and they are only allowing interviews with teams who agree to that price.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Watkins was absurd until his foot kept exploding

Which was almost immediately.

He came out the same year as OBJ and was never as good and somehow less healthy.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

EmbryoSteve posted:

Or African Aids Cum? (were they the same person?)

They weren’t the same and it’s definitely LWB.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Missed Lamar chat but I didn't want to deprive you all of my golden take. Lamar is great and the Ravens reported offer was a good one. Watson's contract is what has hosed everything up. I don't see how Baltimore could build a contender around Lamar while paying him that much or more in guaranteed money. They need WRs. Well they've been drafting them and that hasn't worked out. You can just keep swinging in the draft but with a record breaking deal for Lamar you can't pay market rate for a #1WR.

Assuming he plays out the full contract 250 million fully guaranteed is the same as 250 million with half guaranteed from a cap perspective (they can structure either deal however they want to make them the same). I don’t see how one would cripple their ability to put talent around Lamar and the other wouldn’t.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

kiimo posted:

49ers should take a lesson from the 90s Chiefs who chose Grbac over Rich Gannon.

Don't be fools. Purdy is dominating a playoff game. He should have 4 touchdowns. When has Jimmy G or Lance ever looked this good

Purdy made some pretty bad throws that he got lucky on and he looked like poo poo in the 2nd quarter when Seattle moved him off his spot. I think he’s a huge beneficiary of scheme and guys who can rack up insane YAC numbers. He lacks Lance’s arm talent and athleticism. His main strength is getting the ball out quickly and accurately in the short and intermediate game. Not sure how far that can take him or the team if they can’t keep surrounding him with guys like Deebo and McCaffery that can turn those into home runs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ok well now that I know this my previous post looks real dumb

It’s just a modernist house. There weren’t strippers wandering around in the background or white powder and a straws on the table.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 15, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Gatts posted:

Is he going to Thailand for…uh…a thing? Lmao.

Thailand is a beautiful country with delicious food and cool ruins and lovely beaches and lots of things to see and do.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MJeff posted:

lol and, I cannot stress this enough, lmao.

You’d think people would have leaned by now not assume games are over at halftime. Especially not when it’s the Chargers in the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I fully believe Joey believes the same things as Nick, but he's been smart enough to keep that poo poo private

Even Nick has been smart enough to keep his mouth shut since he entered the league, as far as I remember. His stuff was all social media posts that surfaced in the lead up to the draft.