Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thanks for taking the beating and the slightly worse draft pick, Seahawks. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

poor geno

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

He made a playoff game, set a team record and is going to get paid. Geno is doing fine.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Expectations for the Seahawks were super low, they have a top five pick and another in the late teens, they’re gonna be in great position to bolster their defense.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
welcome chargie

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Herbie calls Rivers crying "At night I sometimes see them. The faces of the quarterbacks handcuffed to terrible franchises. They're waiting for me on the far bank of the Styx. They say, Welcome, brother"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Herbie kinda played like poo poo.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
My expectation going into this game was the Seahawks being fed into a woodchipper and being used to mulch Brock Purdy's garden. They put up a fight in the first half, but eventually Deebo and CMC kicked at their hands and arms enough to force us down the chute. I hope we at least turn into some nice squash that can be shared next season.

POST MORTEM:

Geno please come back and keep throwing bombs to DK and Lockett, it is extremely good and fun. I very much enjoyed crowing about #1 PFF ranked QB GENO SMITH earlier this season :unsmith:

A little more help on the interior Oline would be great.

For the love of good draft some players who can wrap up and get people on the ground. Lock Cody Barton in a room with the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy and don't let him out until he brings him to the ground.

Very very happy with the season overall.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
hello

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/TitansMCM/status/1614447306627072004
https://twitter.com/TitansMCM/status/1614448388107558912
https://twitter.com/TitansMCM/status/1614448514251079680
https://twitter.com/TitansMCM/status/1614448696871260161
https://twitter.com/TitansMCM/status/1614448966417907712

The Jags have been handing this dude one giant non-stop L for like two full months now. :laffo:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Lol. Ol bleacher report rear end MCM

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Huh weird that guy didn’t tweet at all for the last half of the game

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can rest easy if my eagles lose knowing at least they didn't charger

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

MJeff posted:

The Jags have been handing this dude one giant non-stop L for like two full months now. :laffo:

Ahahahahahaha

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I love laughing at the Jags and Trevor Bust as much as the next Titans fan but if you're getting that much joy watching the Jaguars of all teams suffer you're hosed in the head.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Asproigerosis posted:

I can rest easy if my eagles lose knowing at least they didn't charger

this is a bold claim to make when the eagles could be going up against one of two divisional opponents or tom loving brady next week

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Toaster Beef posted:

this is a bold claim to make when the eagles could be going up against one of two divisional opponents or tom loving brady next week

Have you noticed how extra fraudulent this postseason is so far?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

are tje vikings frauds? discuss...

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Texans Review

Good:
- hosed with the Colts
- beat Jacksonville that one time
- Beat the Titans too
- got rid of Easterby
- learned whether or not Davis Mills was the guy (answer: not)

Bad
- lost Jacksonville winning streak
- blew #1 pick in last minute of last game
- I can't name another Texans player besides Laremy Tunsil and Brandin Cooks, and Cooks rightfully wants out

Depending on whether Chicago wants a defensive stud more than they want to take advantage of a QB-desperate team, we might still get our pick of QB. Of course that QB-desperate team trading with Chicago might also be us, crippling our ability to surround him with talent going forward, because we are The Texans. Either way 3-13-1 qualifies as something resembling meeting realistic expectations for this year and we get to have hope for at least a bit soon.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

cant even win with the refs on their side smdh

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
if you didn't want the vikings to be 13-4 frauds in the playoffs, perhaps you should have beaten them more in the regular season

much to consider

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man if Lamar has already decided he's done in Baltimore, uhhhhhh, whoof.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

MJeff posted:

Man if Lamar has already decided he's done in Baltimore, uhhhhhh, whoof.

I don't buy into the idea he sat out because he's done because that makes no sense. That's straight up the one thing that could decrease his value right now is if he's some injury risk. He had everything to gain by a good postseason showing.

That said he might be done here still. Very sad way to end things if so.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

It owns that not only were they defeated by a mediocre team, but they were defeated decisively

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think that if the Ravens do end up trading Lamar we should kind of think about blowing up the entire team. Coaches, key players, and all. Like start from scratch. We can probably accumulate a healthy collection of high picks from what we have. Because the team right now is pretty much built around Lamar Jackson and if we get rid of him it's just going to be an awkwardly built team. So we either franchise him, give him the money, or if we trade him trade everyone else too, get this big collection of picks, bring in Dorsey and give him some say in who we end up drafting if he wants that, and fundamentally change the way the team is constructed.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Meanwhile in the AFCe thread Bills fans are lamenting the existence of Ken Dorsey as their OC.

Every fanbase hates their OC.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Meanwhile in the AFCe thread Bills fans are lamenting the existence of Ken Dorsey as their OC.

Every fanbase hates their OC.

I don't really see why. They are the #2 ranked offense in the league and all they really have is Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs as notable players. And I guess Knox. They don't have great RB options like the Ravens do. I don't know about their offensive line. Glancing at their stats it looks like they commit a lot of turnovers. Which could be a fault of Dorsey I don't know. I don't keep a close enough eye on them.

All I know is when Josh Allen came in the league he looked like another Kyle Boller in 2019. That game the Ravens played against him in 2019 he singlehandedly lost. Looked inaccurate and uncomfortable. Dorsey was QB coach. But then next year he made huge strides and they got him a top WR and he looks like a different guy now. That's a guy I'm willing to give a chance to who can work with players. In Baltimore if we kept Jackson he'd have a great running game to back him up that he just doesn't have in Buffalo.

Like I said in the other thread he'd be subject to my rule that a coach sucks until he proves to me otherwise. But that's the kind of guy who should be first in line for a chance.

It's also possible that Daboll the guy with the Giants now was just as responsible for the turnaround in Buffalo. You look at the Giants in the Minnesota game vs how they looked against the Ravens earlier. And Daniel Jones has never looked this good. So again I'm not saying there's no possibility Dorsey is a fraud. But still someone I'm willing to give a chance to.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 16, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
How are bills fans having an issue with the offense?

They gave up 31 to a third string quarterback

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Your 2022 Minnesota Vikings

This team was absolutely goddamn bonkers. Nothing about them made sense. I went into this year expecting the team to be in second place in the division due to having to sweep out the dust from the Zimmer years and get used to life under a new coach and GM. Instead, they exploded off the line like a firework in the most insane performance imaginable and were in position to lock up the division in literally record-setting time. THAT didn't happen, but the Vikings nevertheless set multiple all-time NFL records this year -- largest comeback win, most wins by one score in a season -- as well as several franchise records. The way they ended the season was both the most mundane and least expected you could have asked for -- losing a game by one score.

POSITIVES:

-Justin Jefferson is Him. Holy poo poo is JJ good at football game. We are going to have to give him so much goddamn money but it's going to be so worth it because he's a joy to watch.

-Kirk Cousins, for as much as I dislike him, actually took risks with the football this year and there was tremendous success as a result. His INTs went way up but it also allowed the team's offensive talent to pull out a number of those completely insane wins that repeatedly eluded the Vikings in the past.

-MOTIVATION. This team was dire to watch last year. This year they were electric. Whatever KOC is doing it's clearly got them bought in. We'll be talking about that Colts game for the entire offseason, really.

-The SoS for the team was actually NOT easy, which casts a better light on an otherwise "fraudulent" performance. This wasn't a team bulking up their record by crushing infinite supplies of bottom-feeders, the Vikings took on the entire AFC and NFC East and beat six out of eight of 'em. They beat more playoffs teams than they lost to in the regular season. There IS capability here.

-I need to put this one in italics. The Minnesota Vikings had a reliable, competent field goal and extra point kicker who won them multiple games off of game-winning field goals. I don't know if I can possibly elaborate how shocking this is for this franchise.

-Fourth-quarter performance for the entire team was insane, and the only bright spot on defense. This team had Eli Manning-grade lategame magic. Makes sense that they lost to the Giants, really -- only one team can wield that magic at once. Hopefully that magic can be maintained next year in the face of changes, because while it's powerful as hell and a joy to see...

NEGATIVES

-Holy poo poo the defense was bad. Only the Lions defense was worse, and that defense was setting all-time records for being bad. I don't know what the hell the exact problem is but for the sake of the fans' health we can't possibly do another year like that. Certainly I don't think we can succeed anywhere close to this much again. I don't actually want to say to fire Ed Donatell into the sun, because as I said, something about that defense worked really, really well in the fourth quarter, so it's worth figuring out what that was so we can keep it. But we cannot allow the first three quarters of performances to repeat, and that almost certainly means getting rid of Ed.

-Because that defense was bad, every time the Vikings lost, they got blown up. That poo poo's demoralizing and very, very bad for long-term season performance. Get this poo poo fixed, I swear to God.

-Age. A fair number of the Vikings' players are over 30 and well into various contracts that aren't getting any better. They're still good players, but if the team is going to have any long-term performance around Jefferson we need a new blood infusion to learn from the old guard.

-The rest of the division is about to get a LOT better, we're not going to have the kind of easy competition the Packers enjoyed for years while Detroit was lost in the murk and Chicago burned to the ground. In particular, Detroit looks like they're going to be a juggernaut imminently, and the Vikings are going to have to step it up to keep pace.

OVERALL

This was a tremendously successful season, really -- going from 8-9 to 13-4 and making the playoffs for the first time in three years is a commendable bounceback no matter what, and most importantly, it was an exciting, entertaining football season. But it was completely not sustainable, and only a lunatic would think it's one that can be duplicated. I have a lot of hope for the KOC-Kwesi regime after this initial performance, but really, we still have no idea what success under this regime is going to look like long-term, because there's no way it can look like this.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
The Dolphins season this year was a mysterious act of God's love, and it is difficult to understand even now. They ended up about where you'd guess they would pre-season, but they still seem somewhere between a cursed team or a playoff dark horse that just didn't have the luck necessary for those kind of teams to make a splash.

I think they were somewhat a victim of their own success offensively- the Tua to Hill/Waddle deal was such an electric thing for so much of the season that everything else got put on the back-burner. You *really* could have used the whole Shanahan-tree playbook as the season progressed- both once you ran into better defensive gameplans and your quarterback injuries piling up. Miami's offense was basically whipping the ball into the intermediate/deep area of the field, RPOs, or calling clever run concepts for chunk yardage. They never really leaned into the stuff that makes the offense such a cheat code- some of that is on coaching, but some of that is on personnel.

Tua's concussions were of course the headline story of the season. They're going to run it back next year, but it's unclear if that can be done with even a modicum of safety and it's just a hugely irresponsible gesture by all parties to hope the issue goes away. I don't think anything else was likely to happen, but it's a shadow hanging over the team for sure moving forward one way or the other. It seems like a particularly cruel twist of fate for Tua to finally recover from his hip injury and the Dolphins finally find a quarterback for another, bigger issue to crop up.

The defense I think was particularly hard to gauge. They didn't perform well, but like the offense they had a fair amount of key injuries. I think the defensive coordinator can make a strong argument there, but the Dolphins are philosophically a weird defense and the proof of concept of them basically working backwards from the blitz package I think is a suspect one. At it's peak I think they've created a defense that is capable of clowning the poo poo out of bad or otherwise flawed offenses but don't have too much more juice than that when it really matters. I think their easiest path forward to improving it is with a change in coaching, but who knows?

All in all, who the hell knows why do I watch this stuff anyway

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Redeye Flight posted:

Your 2022 Minnesota Vikings

OVERALL

This was a tremendously successful season, really -- going from 8-9 to 13-4 and making the playoffs for the first time in three years is a commendable bounceback no matter what, and most importantly, it was an exciting, entertaining football season. But it was completely not sustainable, and only a lunatic would think it's one that can be duplicated. I have a lot of hope for the KOC-Kwesi regime after this initial performance, but really, we still have no idea what success under this regime is going to look like long-term, because there's no way it can look like this.

This all sounds about right. I have to imagine this was the all-time least surprising loss by a 13 win team in the Wildcard round (barring injuries to major players). It was frustrating watching all of the known issues surface at once during the game, but tough to be upset when they were effectively playing with house money being ranked #3 in the first place.

I'm real curious how the second year of KOC plays out. If they don't get a new DC I will be pretty uninterested in watching next year. There are a handful of recognizable names in the twilight of their career, and currently they only have FOUR picks in this draft (first, third, Detroit's fourth, fifth), which is bizarre after all the Spielman years.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
they need to get way younger and faster in the secondary, that's more important than trying to replace dalvin or thielen or whomever

if you have JJ, hock, and a serviceable back (mattison, maybe even ty chandler), the offense can drag kirk kicking and screaming to success, as we've seen, but the defense has to either change to fit ed's scheme or ed needs to go

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

The 2022 Dallas Cowboys

They did something extremely stupid at the end of their playoff game that ended up costing them the game and we're going to laugh at them all offseason.

Just getting this ready early.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Honestly I'd love to see something top a qb scramble to run out the clock on your season

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Asproigerosis posted:

Honestly I'd love to see something top a qb scramble to run out the clock on your season

I still think that was the correct playcall and Dak completely hosed it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

I have faith the Cowboys will top that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hey guys! What's going on in here?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bucs Offense:

Bucs Defense:

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1615167969616699394?s=20&t=bjpXPoODtZD1K1M6xbdSEw

Bucs Coaching:

Tom Brady:

Washed? As all hell.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Reports of the Cowboys demise were premature. Instead, they exposed Tom Brady for the cooked, fraudulent system hack that he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I'd like to thank the Bucs for putting up the worst defensive performance of the Wildcard round. God Almighty.