Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Tom Brady chose crypto and that over a family lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Redeye Flight posted:

I'd like to thank the Bucs for putting up the worst defensive performance of the Wildcard round. God Almighty.

Like even the Chargers managed to string together one half of football.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

MJeff posted:

Like even the Chargers managed to string together one half of football.

The Vikings at least managed to fight the Giants for every step of the way.

Those first three quarters were just unbelievable.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At least the other losers put up a fight.

And also didn't lose to the Cowboys.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Washington is the only NFCE team Tom doesn't have a humiliating playoff loss to

We know how this story's ending if he decides to keep playing now :sickos:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Agreed on the giants and this cowboys one but I don’t feel like the eagles one was humiliating, that game was an alltimer

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Brady threw for like a bajillion yards and the Eagles just barely won. Wonder what happened to the idiot responsible for that terrible defense. :rolleyes:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

MJeff posted:

Brady threw for like a bajillion yards and the Eagles just barely won. Wonder what happened to the idiot responsible for that terrible defense. :rolleyes:

He got a job as an OC because he made the Eagles offense look so good.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MJeff posted:

He hired Matt Patricia.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
What dirt does Matt Canada have on the Steelers to not get fired seriously

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm torn on whether Matt Canada should be held accountable for (presumably) personnel he didn't entirely assemble himself, and someone here said that it might be a matter of not immediately disregarding Tomlin's personnel picks, but I think the Stillers are gonna be just fine either way

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I love the Steelers just being average because it means that all their idiot bandwagon fans are jumping off, AND it's keeping them from getting a high draft pick to get a player that could turn the franchise around. The absolute best level of purgatory.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Fifty Three posted:

I'm torn on whether Matt Canada should be held accountable for (presumably) personnel he didn't entirely assemble himself, and someone here said that it might be a matter of not immediately disregarding Tomlin's personnel picks, but I think the Stillers are gonna be just fine either way

It's amazing how the NFL is so cutthroat with players but the fraternity of coaches has endless rope for dipshit friends who are loyal but bad at their jobs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's amazing how the NFL is so cutthroat with players but the fraternity of coaches has endless rope for dipshit friends who are loyal but bad at their jobs.

Coaches are management.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Matt Canada was an awful college coordinator too

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Matt Canada was an awful college coordinator too

He had one good season ever at Pitt, he's never been any good outside of that one year. He never should have been hired at a NFL level to begin with. It's loving pathetic.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Well that ending sucked but if you told me we'd win a playoff game in September I'd have laughed in your face. The magic was gonna run out eventually and the talent gap between the Giants and Eagles was...stark.

-Defense got gashed by the run all year, gotta fix that
-Offensive line wasn't good outside Thomas, hopefully Neal improves next year, as of this year he was basically a bust, but so was Thomas at first
-genuinely shocked we got any production out of our decimated WR group, Hodgins needs to be kept, Richie James isn't good but he had chemistry with Jones, Slayton is cut, And getting Wan'dale Robinson back should be nice. Golladay will be sent out to pasture as soon as we are able to catapult him over the wall. I'm not sure if we keep Shep, probably not
-Bellinger was okay at TE, but nothing great
-Kayvon got better as the year went on but he needs a better compliment to help him out
-Sexy Dexy rules
-Secondary was okay, needs some help
-linebackers were terrible

-Saquon is probably franchised and given a big payday. He earned it, but paying RBs is never smart and I'm worried about what they'll give him. One healthy year out of the past 3 is not a good track record to trust
-Jones is probably coming back. Hopefully at a smaller, shorter deal, but he might test the market and get better elseware, and the team will probably overpay to keep him, which sucks. He took definite strides forward this year (especially on ball security and progressions) but he's got a ways to go to really ever be the guy

Can't praise the coaching staff enough for what they did with a terrible roster and zero cap space to maneuver. It feels hard to complain at all. Offseason will be very intriguing.

gently caress the Eagles and also the Cowboys

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

daniel jones is a glorified running back

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

daniel jones is a glorified running back

I watched him play against Minnesota and "Tebow's best case scenario in the NFL" definitely popped into my head

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So both e Giants and Seahawks are probably better served by going the non-exclusive franchise route with Geno and Dimes but any chance they get like 3-4 years $30-35m per?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Alright I changed my mind the Bills really hosed up not building a dome didn't they?

Goddamn they got completely owned physically at home.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Hello fellow losers, how do you do?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pretty surprised the Bengals completely busted Oline wasn't a factor at all

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Kalli posted:

No kidding. Was expecting that to be the thing keeping it close but the bengos were better in both phases.

Bills totally ineffectual running backs definitely were an issue given how much easily Cincy had Allen contained. That was the worst he’s looked all year, great team effort on defense

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Kalli posted:

It actually was a pretty huge factor.
They whupped the Bills rear end.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sorry bills fans, at least you were more competitive than the giants

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

It actually was a pretty huge factor.
They whupped the Bills rear end.
Yeah, turns out once Von Miller was removed from the equation, our defensive line was just as much of a non-factor as it was last year. Rousseau and Oliver are decent players and that's about it: no one else can do anything except eat poo poo. Tremaine Edmunds continues to be one of the league's most overrated linebacker.

And, of course, we got outcoached by a mile.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Another brutal Bills playoff loss, woof

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Once the folding tables have been cleared away, I’d be (morbidly) curious to hear what fans think went wrong for the Bills after another season of high hopes: injuries, coaching, losing Daboll, voodoo curse…? And is it worse to lose a last-second heartbreaker (although most people on here probably weren’t old enough to witness those early-’90s teams in person) or to get slowly strangled to death like today?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Not a bills fan but their defense had a ton of high impact injuries and gabe davis did not take the step forward that they were hoping for. The run game is still a huge negative too

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

It's worse to lose close act

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Also realized that you don’t need to go back to the ’90s for examples of agonizing late playoff exits…

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Do the Bills have a good lineman on either side that isn't Von Miller?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Once the folding tables have been cleared away, I’d be (morbidly) curious to hear what fans think went wrong for the Bills after another season of high hopes: injuries, coaching, losing Daboll, voodoo curse…? And is it worse to lose a last-second heartbreaker (although most people on here probably weren’t old enough to witness those early-’90s teams in person) or to get slowly strangled to death like today?
I thought about doing a write-up, but poo poo man, I don't even want to think about this team right now.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do the Bills have a good lineman on either side that isn't Von Miller?
:lol: no.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nervous posted:

The 2022 Dallas Cowboys

They did something extremely stupid at the end of their playoff game that ended up costing them the game and we're going to laugh at them all offseason.

Just getting this ready early.

It took an extra week but here we are!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i almost burst out laughing at daks throw lol

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Well we’re a week later than most expected, but, hello thread.

:lmao: Dak

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
all the old QBs are out, cowboys are out. lol cowboys

is Mahomes the old guy left in the playoffs now?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yep! At the geriatric age of 27, Patrick Mahomes is the oldest remaining starting quarterback in the playoffs race. We are truly crossing over the threshold now that got held up by the prior generation of QBs being kind of a dud and the one before them refusing to ever go away.

Worth noting that if Jimmy G comes back in whether due to coaching insistence or Purdy getting hurt, he will leapfrog the field with his bone-disintegrating age of 31.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yes he is The Ancient One. 27 years old