Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It also sounds great when literally nothing else is working lol

Would have been nice to see them try a zero blitz few times in the second half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

McDermott has always struggled when he hasn't had plus talent at the safety position and on the defensive line. He seems to be able to get the most of anyone I've seen out of corners and linebackers, particularly rolling coverages etc but when he doesn't have a 4 man front that can generate pressure its going to be a long day.

You saw it in Philly and you saw it in Carolina. Not saying that a positional group devoid of elite talent isn't a fair defense to a coaches performance, but when you think of coaches that can creatively scheme around those deficiencies I don't think McDermott is it.

I also think the Bills desperately need a reliable second receiver. Josh Allen ends up playing hero ball far too often and a lot of it I think is because Gabe Davis is a slot and decoy guy and not a primary option and Knox/singletary are too inconsistent to be wholly effective in that kind of role. If the rumours about Hopkins being available are true I think it would behoove the Bills to go out and get him because so many of their drives stall the moment Knox is chipped at the line and Diggs is bracketed. I think it would be smart for them to invest a little more in the running back position. Their current crop is wholly fine, but there's no one in that backfield that I would want to be dependent on to close out a game, pick up a short yardage in a "must get" situation or build a game plan around.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I mean nailed it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
this was an unfortunate end to the season. Losing brock ended the run. loving embarrassed 49ers decided to be chippy at the end. I would not have blamed the iggles it they decided to score but they didn’t.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

haha that sucked niners sucked. wish purdy hadn't gotten super sacked, had grown quite attached to him. now i guess we enter the offseason with more qb questions.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trent Williams ending that dude was very funny though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TDepressionEarl posted:

haha that sucked niners sucked. wish purdy hadn't gotten super sacked, had grown quite attached to him. now i guess we enter the offseason with more qb questions.

Eh, not really. Trey or Brock or both are the future since they're both on rookie contracts.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Well, we got beat. I think we showed that we could have hung with the Eagles pretty well if things were even, and that would’ve been a fun game to see, but things weren’t even. The Eagles are a really, really good team, and when Brock went down they just locked our offense up completely, and our defense got worn down and eventually ground into a fine paste. And we gave up some pretty sloppy penalties on defense and ST, and JJ was a killer in relief (but what can you expect?), and that was all we had.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

SF was good enough to be competitive with the third string QB but the fourth was just too far down the depth chart, if you can take any comfort in that.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The Cincinnati Bengals are winning the Super Bowl

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
congrats to the refs on winning the game for the chiefs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Welcome residents of Burrowhead

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Chiefs and Bengals posters belong here because THE REFS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL WOOOOOOOOO

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've never seen more tears over refereeing decisions that were correct.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

congrats to the refs on winning the game for the chiefs

Ossai clearly hit Mahomes out of bounds lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sweet thursday posted:

The Cincinnati Bengals are winning the Super Bowl

:lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BlindSite posted:

Very mad about a blatant late hit being called.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Ossai clearly hit Mahomes out of bounds lol

cool now do all the other blatantly bullshit calls.

ya'll get way too focused on the last call in a game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah that is a penalty every time.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

BlindSite posted:

i also thought it was the correct choice to stop the game after 4th down to give the chiefs a free redo on their 3rd down play and then bail them out with a flag when they didn't pick up the first on the redo

fundamentally correct refereeing there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Justin herbert would have scored a td with 2 minutes remaining rather than giving up a down in the style of carson palmer and joe burrow

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
loving blatant penalty, and brainless to boot! The Bengals gave an inch and the Chiefs took the Super Bowl.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

cool now do all the other blatantly bullshit calls.

ya'll get way too focused on the last call in a game.

Maybe Burrow shouldn't throw two stupid picks.

Maybe the Bengals should fix their OL

Maybe with 10 seconds left the LB shouldn't commit an insanely stupid personal foul that literally puts KC in position for the game winning field goal.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Missed block in the back and so much loving holding. never change refs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

i also thought it was the correct choice to stop the game after 4th down to give the chiefs a free redo on their 3rd down play and then bail them out with a flag when they didn't pick up the first on the redo

fundamentally correct refereeing there.

Okay but this didn't lead to any points.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Maybe with 10 seconds left the LB shouldn't commit an insanely stupid personal foul that literally puts KC in position for the game winning field goal.

That second INT was better than the punt probably would've been. Flipped the field position by 50 yards.

They did but then they all got hurt.

Yeah, that was dumb as poo poo.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Maybe the refs shouldn't make a bunch of blatantly horseshit calls against one team.

Maybe the Chiefs shouldn't get a magical spare 3rd down.

Maybe you should stop feeling the need to defend the NFL referees of all things

lotta maybes you can throw out there. but as i recall one "Dear Ed Guns Hochuli" thread, im gonna say you might wanna not throw stones when it comes to complaining about refereeing.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bengos probably should have won that game. With Boyd in there still I think they do but the chiefs were also missing like five WRs so I think it evens out. Super bowl is gonna gently caress tho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Maybe the refs shouldn't make a bunch of blatantly horseshit calls against one team.

Maybe the Chiefs shouldn't get a magical spare 3rd down.

Maybe you should stop feeling the need to defend the NFL referees of all things

Go Chiefs

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"SHUT YO LOUTH AND KNOW YO ROLE".

I was fairly neutral toward the SB but holy gently caress, go Eagles.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kelce was right in everything he said btw

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Go Eagles

imagine cheering for your own division rival and going to bat for referees. smdh

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

MJeff posted:

Okay but this didn't lead to any points.

was it egregious?

what about the missed block in the back on the final punt return or the bullshit grounding call on the bengals final drive?

lotta posters itt with strong feelings on when its acceptable to complain about bad reffing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Go Eagles

imagine cheering for your own division rival and going to bat for referees. smdh

KC is a pretty likeable team with likeable players.

There have been bad calls in every game ever. Sorry that the team you wanted to win came up short and put themselves in a bad position and lost because of it.

Grow up.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Go Eagles

I’m assuming it’s just because burrow is clearly better than Social Media QB

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Nah I like Burrow a lot.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

There have been bad calls in every game ever. Sorry that the team you wanted to win came up short and put themselves in a bad position and lost because of it.

Grow up.

No, you need to grow up. Rooting for a divisional rival is incredibly weak. Eagles are just as likeable so your excuse holds no water. Truly a product of Spanos.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Grow up.

do i need to post your dumb "Dear Ed Guns Hochuli" rant or do you want to continue to be a condescending dick about this?

Bismack Billabongo posted:

maybe. ross picks the weirdest high horses sometimes, i can't discern the rhymes or reasons behind it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ASAPRockySituation posted:

No, you need to grow up. Rooting for a divisional rival is incredibly weak. Eagles are just as likeable so your excuse holds no water. Truly a product of Spanos.

I am indifferent to the Eagles but I like Kelce a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

do i need to post your dumb "Dear Ed Guns Hochuli" rant or do you want to continue to be a condescending dick about this?

maybe. ross picks the weirdest high horses sometimes, i can't discern the rhymes or reasons behind it

Please go to bed. This is embarrassing.