Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
It was an hourlong sci fi animated adult drama that didn't have tits or swears or anything edgy. It was kind of like Severance meets Ghost In The Shell, but then it takes that concept and runs with it.

Too late now, watch it or don't, nobody cares, but you hosed up not watching it yet and not telling your friends to go watch it on AMC Plus. You also hosed up by missing that they somehow uploaded a brand new TV show in the wrong order so the finale kind of made no sense unless you were pirating it.

It's a show about the Singularity only being possible when the AI is a real consciousness. It's a fun mix of tech future realism and humanistic mysticism.

Lots of great stuff, like Aaron Eckhart doing his best Richard Jenkins impression. Ghost in the Shell purple haired anime girls, Sullen Teen Who Will Save The World, hackneyed pop covers, and so on.

Basically, now is the time to watch this show so you can pretend like you actually watched it when it was on when it gets Arrested Developmented in the next bit.

heres a good scene. abusive parents and math! goons should love this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_PU7GEJPg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

it sucked and i'm glad it's gone op

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I don't have time to watch AMC's Pantheon OP. I'm busy. Sorry

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

no thank u

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Costco Meatballs posted:

It was an hourlong sci fi animated adult drama that didn't have tits or swears or anything edgy. I
pass

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
White Lotus is better because it has tits and swearing.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cum pee on

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

kntfkr posted:

I don't have time to watch AMC's Pantheon OP. I'm busy. Sorry

Again, nobody cares. What were you doing with your time in the last three months is the bigger concern.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Costco Meatballs posted:

Again, nobody cares. What were you doing with your time in the last three months is the bigger concern.

I was campaigning. I am congressman elect George Santos.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

kntfkr posted:

White Lotus is better because it has tits and swearing.
I'm in.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
ok check this poo poo out from ep 1.

seriously some of the most hosed up, haunting body horror I've ever seen full stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOK4O8-Upv8

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If it's not Low Winter Sun, I'm not watching it.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Why would I subscribe to whatever+ instead of pirating it for free.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Pekinduck posted:

Why would I subscribe to whatever+ instead of pirating it for free.

I'm not sure even AMC execs know this as they did not promote it at all, air it on regular TV, or even put the episodes on the website in the correct order.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Looks like anime, Tim

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Smugworth posted:

Looks like anime, Tim

falls under the Avatar The Last Airbender exception clause, Al

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Costco Meatballs posted:

ok check this poo poo out from ep 1.

seriously some of the most hosed up, haunting body horror I've ever seen full stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOK4O8-Upv8

no thanks i'm good

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Peggy Edson posted:

no thanks i'm good

You clicked this lovely thread two separate times clearly you have some time on your hands.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

This is literally the first time I heard of this. Sounds like they didn't advertise and buried it on purpose.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Linux Pirate posted:

This is literally the first time I heard of this. Sounds like they didn't advertise and buried it on purpose.

They did! Season 2 is entirely finished lmao.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Costco Meatballs posted:

You clicked this lovely thread two separate times clearly you have some time on your hands.

i am also reading this thread and passing on the opportunity to view a "faiL" tv show (as it sounds, wrtiien by you), but also can not watch bad tv shows at work, meanwihle am able to post whilst working and thyusly, will not be watching this tv show op :thanks:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Yeah, Tron was p. good, did the same thing with lasers.
in1982

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Costco Meatballs posted:

and yuet,

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
curious

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sorry Op I don't have time to watch it, I've been looping the Stranger of Paradise Frank Sinatra tutorial

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ban for anime

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

why would you try to hype people on something that's been cancelled that seems mean and useless MUCH LIKE YOU"RE POSTING

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Looks bad op. When I start a new show I need to see tits or dong within three minutes or my finger on the remote starts getting twitchy.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

why would you try to hype people on something that's been cancelled that seems mean and useless MUCH LIKE YOU"RE POSTING

Season 2 is totally done yet binned and a goon worked on it and we've probably doubled the web traffic mentions in this thread alone!

git apologist posted:

ban for anime

frickin avatar the last airbender exception clause you guys need to read

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

They hosed up by putting it on yet another needless streaming service nobody wants.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Roundup Ready posted:

They hosed up by putting it on yet another needless streaming service nobody wants.

just noticing now as well that op is trying to hock his wares (acm sales rep??/) onm teh forums as well as convince gbs to watch a 2 seasons long bad anime. interesting combination

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Costco Meatballs posted:

a goon worked on it

Yet another ringing endorsement :rolleyes:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cartoons are for children op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yet another ringing endorsement :rolleyes:

nice find. and good noticing itt

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

just noticing now as well that op is trying to hock his wares (acm sales rep??/) onm teh forums as well as convince gbs to watch a 2 seasons long bad anime. interesting combination

They'd triple their marketing budget if they were paying me. Also the 2nd season never aired, as I said. Lot of people revealing ITT they wouldn't be smart enough to watch this show even if they tried, it seems.

used to be GBS was about ppl talking about fun stuff they like, now its dunk this, dunk that, dunk city. gotta dunk.

makes me wonder why I registered to try and post here

edit:

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I do like this vintage era of posting though

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Costco Meatballs posted:

They'd triple their marketing budget if they were paying me. Also the 2nd season never aired, as I said. Lot of people revealing ITT they wouldn't be smart enough to watch this show even if they tried, it seems.

used to be GBS was about ppl talking about fun stuff they like, now its dunk this, dunk that, dunk city. gotta dunk.

makes me wonder why I registered to try and post here

edit:

I do like this vintage era of posting though

Gonna dunk you like a dill pickle

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I. M. Gei posted:

it sucked and i'm glad it's gone op

Now I'm thinking it might actually be good

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004