Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Costco Meatballs posted:

It was an hourlong sci fi animated adult drama that didn't have tits or swears or anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_PU7GEJPg

I watched about 30 seconds of this despite your description of this show as "an awful piece of poo poo," and I'd just like to say that description was spot-on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
thanks OP, I've always known I was a bad person and I'm glad to finally have an explanation why

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Costco Meatballs posted:

didn't have tits or swears

Lol well there is ur problem

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

imagine trying to use 'doesn't have swearing' as a selling point like we're all a bunch of stupid fundies

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Who the gently caress is watching amc I don't even know what platform hosts amc content , are you like actually paying for cable lmbo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

imagine trying to use 'doesn't have swearing' as a selling point like we're all a bunch of stupid fundies

Check out this new anime I've got it's just like cowboy bebop only the characters are all vegetables and you learn a good lesson about obeying your parents

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Which vegetable(s) have the best boobs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

Who the gently caress is watching amc I don't even know what platform hosts amc content , are you like actually paying for cable lmbo

Lol amc has its own app because they thought people would pay for it to watch the walking dead

lipid
Feb 21, 2001
I feel bad for the japanimators

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This show appears to be about fukn nerds and poo poo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wendigee posted:

This show appears to be about fukn nerds and poo poo

It's pretty "gay"

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
correct me if I'm wrong op, but basically it's like ready player one?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Costco Meatballs posted:

It was an hourlong sci fi animated adult drama that didn't have tits

wonder why it failed. hmmmm

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Opinion invalidated

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Costco Meatballs posted:

It was an hourlong sci fi animated adult drama that didn't have tits or swears or anything edgy. It was kind of like Severance meets Ghost In The Shell, but then it takes that concept and runs with it.

Too late now, watch it or don't, nobody cares, but you hosed up not watching it yet and not telling your friends to go watch it on AMC Plus. You also hosed up by missing that they somehow uploaded a brand new TV show in the wrong order so the finale kind of made no sense unless you were pirating it.

It's a show about the Singularity only being possible when the AI is a real consciousness. It's a fun mix of tech future realism and humanistic mysticism.

Lots of great stuff, like Aaron Eckhart doing his best Richard Jenkins impression. Ghost in the Shell purple haired anime girls, Sullen Teen Who Will Save The World, hackneyed pop covers, and so on.

Basically, now is the time to watch this show so you can pretend like you actually watched it when it was on when it gets Arrested Developmented in the next bit.

heres a good scene. abusive parents and math! goons should love this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_PU7GEJPg

Is this another “Sarah Connor chronicles” situation where the small group of fans utterly love it and the rest of the world thinks it’s mediocre and doesn’t get the obsession?

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

imo most 'adult animation' seems like its basically made for 13 year olds and I guess thats how it should be

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Extra row of tits posted:

Is this another “Sarah Connor chronicles” situation where the small group of fans utterly love it and the rest of the world thinks it’s mediocre and doesn’t get the obsession?

good reference. that show was a solid 5/10. Maybe like 3-6 depending on the ep. This show is a whole story rather than episodic and probably an 8.5 at least, maybe 9.

I can't wait for goons to watch it and be like 'ok maybe costco meatballs was right' and then get to the IRL MMO stuff and instantly turn on me. Turn on me further, that is. You guys are frickin mean! Even like in the chili thread I'm catchin strays now. Jeez.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Extra row of tits posted:

lol God drat that’s the perfect reference

I’m guess some people gotta make some mid tv show their personal sopranos to feel unique

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I actually really liked the first season of Sword Art Online but holy poo poo did that turn bad and fan-servicy real quick.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I don't know, dining philosophers? They're going to have to break out the pumping lemma to get me going.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Saalkin posted:

Wait AMC made an anime?

it's called breaking bad and it's about being bald in a state with a lot of sunshine year round.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Which vegetable(s) have the best boobs

Pumpkins and bell peppers :spooky:

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
Sorry OP but I got a whole list of shows that are proof positive it doesn't matter if I watch it and/or like it, that poo poo is getting canceled.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It was really good and I got some friends to watch it and they liked it too but I partially sold them on it by saying season 2 was in the can already and now I look like a real shithead and they're probably gonna throw garbage at me

Maybe it'll get picked up by someone

I liked it more than devs because it wasn't as high on its own farts

The slow start and how they didn't advertise it at all and literally put episodes up in the wrong order was maybe a bad move?

Also that it was on AMC+

But yeah it was good and I'm mad and sad now.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

AMC would be better if it was the rear end in a top hat Masturbation Channel.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
It and Severance and Devs are all kind of in the same genre but yes agreed this is the only one that sort of wears its heart on its sleeve in a doofy old school cyberpunk way, the other two are some prestige TV BS even if I do quite like them all things considered.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You know what show was bad? That loving Silicon Valley show right before game of thrones with that smarmy prick from the Verizon commercials. I hate that fuckin guy and I hate that fuckin show.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Costco Meatballs posted:

It and Severance and Devs are all kind of in the same genre but yes agreed this is the only one that sort of wears its heart on its sleeve in a doofy old school cyberpunk way, the other two are some prestige TV BS even if I do quite like them all things considered.

You seem to subscribe to a lot of streaming services. I suggest you stop doing that.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Lmfao

8.99 a month

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Lmfao

8.99 a month

Alexandra Daddario tho

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Lmfao

8.99 a month

drat, those look like some excellent 90's CGI adventure games.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You know what show was bad? That loving Silicon Valley show right before game of thrones with that smarmy prick from the Verizon commercials. I hate that fuckin guy and I hate that fuckin show.

Please don't post lies on the internet.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Alexandra Daddario tho

Qft

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saalkin posted:

Please don't post lies on the internet.

That guy is real lovely though, you gotta admit

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
This show has maybe the most 'plausible' explanation of consciousness transfer of any recent media (a per-molecule laser scan that in real time recreates a brain within an emulated physiological model as it's being copied/destroyed ), and it has has characters, just like in all of this kind of media acting like their loved ones are really back with them. But unlike Devs this doesn't just ask the question.. it shows us in the first episode, no you loving die. It's a copy. The interesting question is what happens when that copy dies.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That guy is real lovely though, you gotta admit

The fat red haired dude? I'm too assed to remember his name but yeah.

Although him owning musk is a good lol

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I suggest you read books by Ken Liu op because it appears he wrote the episodes and he is a good author and if it helps you can picture the characters as anime girls or whatever.

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 10, 2023

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:gas:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Costco Meatballs posted:

It was an hourlong sci fi animated adult drama that didn't have tits or swears or anything edgy

So what makes it adult? Is it, what, trying to be all philosophical and highbrow and hard science? Seems pretty niche. Making it a cartoon might not be the best move, but-

*Youtube recommends a fight scene from it with some guy flying around a videogame tower swinging a naginata*

So it's, what, not sure what audience it's even aiming for?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
no such thing as an avatar claus, op. anime sucks hard and you suck for shilling for a show that couldnt even make it past the first season on amc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’ll check it out. Thanks for introducing it