Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Costco Meatballs posted:

What were you doing with your time in the last three months is the bigger concern.

I was working at a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Lmfao

8.99 a month

Interview with the vampire actively tried to kill me. I saw it in the cinema, all the wrist biting made me queasy so I went to the bathroom, suddenly I got all dizzy and woke up on the floor, the back of my head was all hosed up caise I went right over backwards.

Fucken Brad Pitt.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

So what makes it adult? Is it, what, trying to be all philosophical and highbrow and hard science? Seems pretty niche. Making it a cartoon might not be the best move, but-

*Youtube recommends a fight scene from it with some guy flying around a videogame tower swinging a naginata*

So it's, what, not sure what audience it's even aiming for?

The show posits, if you were a mega nerd in a massive dmt trip of an afterlife, what forms and constructs would you use to contextualize your own existence. The fat Russian goon hacker goon living in eternal harem is the most salacious thing and it's meant to covey a specific idea, not titillate.

It has a story with themes that doesn't concern itself with pandering to a specific audience through gratuity, I have not heard of Ken Lieu but I'll check him out because I totally believe an actual author was involved in this.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saalkin posted:

The fat red haired dude? I'm too assed to remember his name but yeah.

Although him owning musk is a good lol

No, Tom Middleditch

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

No, Tom Middleditch

The Loki guy?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I got a middle itch between my balls and my butthole iykwim

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

No, Tom Middleditch

I also don't like that guys face but he was good as Ken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJetizERFzw

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

drat could you cut that down to like 40?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It was ok, watched the first episode

Not interested in watching more

Look forward to your next thread op

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Forgot to mention that there’s a scene where a dad is showing his kid a 4chan board

That was worth watching the first episode 4 sure

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Costco Meatballs posted:

It was an hourlong sci fi animated adult drama that didn't have tits or swears or anything edgy.

Wow OP that sounds absolutely thrilling, btw do you have any good leads on pocket protectors my normal guy got a girlfriend so now he's not selling them anymore :reject:

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe
More like Pants poo poo-a-thon

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Hey we used to have a subforum that bullied posters into taking their own lives (not me lol) maybe your estimation of this place is a bit high.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

N. Senada posted:

It was ok, watched the first episode

Not interested in watching more

Look forward to your next thread op

lol

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Costco Meatballs posted:

imo most 'adult animation' seems like its basically made for 13 year olds and I guess thats how it should be

So, you think that 13 year olds are "adults".

Have you ever considered moderation?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
if a show built on the premise that computer janitors are the most powerful people on earth couldn't catch on with goons, it was a lost cause anyway

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

staberind posted:

What the gently caress lol

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hey guys come watch this show that is already cancelled so even if you do enjoy it you won't be able to continue it. hurrrr durrrr faaaart

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
sorry op I don't watch cartoons anymore

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

staberind posted:

:vince:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

staberind posted:

rofl

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

staberind posted:

lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I just remembered that I had a friend tell me about this show but he's got one of those jailbroke firesticks and I don't. I'm more likely to win the lottery than I am to sign up for AMC+ but I would like one of those jailbroken firesticks.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Hi, I'm the goon who worked on it. I just wanted to let everyone know that I got the Brazilian Megaman cover from this GBS thread into episode 4:

So you're all part of this failed show now, BITCHEEEEEES.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
My goondolences

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm fine, I got paid for both seasons and I'm working on Superman now. What sucks is I drew some really good BGs for S2 and have a year's of work sitting here on my desktop, never to be seen.

Show was a critical darling, but looks like AMC got a new CEO in August, she didn't like the show, bumbled its September release royally, then "abruptly left" AMC in November. Such is life! :v:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Das Boo posted:

I'm fine, I got paid for both seasons and I'm working on Superman now. What sucks is I drew some really good BGs for S2 and have a year's of work sitting here on my desktop, never to be seen.

Show was a critical darling, but looks like AMC got a new CEO in August, she didn't like the show, bumbled its September release royally, then "abruptly left" AMC in November. Such is life! :v:

Serious question: why would they not air something that’s already complete? Seems like making some money back on ad revenue is better than nothing?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Serious question: why would they not air something that’s already complete? Seems like making some money back on ad revenue is better than nothing?

Ask Warner why they killed Batgirl.

Bunch of really stupid chuds took over the media companies and are burning them to the ground as fast as they can to own the libs.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

From what I understand, there's two factors at play here:

1) Whenever you change heads at a studio, the practice is to come in hard and burn down all the last guy's projects to exert your own brand. Think of new dog pissing all over everything, trying to remove the smell of the previous dog. 100% serious. Pantheon's production always had funds available, meaning it was somebody high up's baby. Whoever that 3 month CEO replaced, I imagine.

2) When you claim something as a tax write-off, you get a guaranteed return in exchange for scrapping something. So while it was too late to write off S1 (she came on in August, it premiered in September), it was a good deal to scrap Last Guy's thing and get some money back. In the short term. Which is all CEOs care about, because there's always a golden parachute waiting once they burn everything down.

This applies to Zaslov as well. Who I'm under right now.

Good news on my current show is that we're on a shoestring budget and also my last day is this Friday, lol.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Das Boo posted:

Hi, I'm the goon who worked on it. I just wanted to let everyone know that I got the Brazilian Megaman cover from this GBS thread into episode 4:

lol good work

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Das Boo posted:

Thats amazing, you are amazing.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Golden parachutes for salt the earth CEOs are a loving joke.

That Megaman cover owns bones, though :hmmyes:

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 10, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Das Boo posted:

even if it's not something I'm personally interested in, something I'm gonna check out in a while more than anything because of my interests, that's cool as gently caress and I'm glad you did that because brazillian megaman is good wild poo poo and it makes me more interested in this show than the op managed

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

You Are A Elf posted:

Golden parachutes for salt the earth CEOs are a loving joke.

That Megaman cover owns bones, though.

Well it resulted in an anime being cancelled so actually there are two sides to this issue

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Don't lemme stop you guys from goofin' on it, though. I didn't write it!

N. Senada posted:

Well it resulted in an anime being cancelled so actually there are two sides to this issue

I feel extremely powerful.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

You Are A Elf posted:

CEOs are a loving joke.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
OP I will watch this for you if I can get it legally.

Please watch The Expanse for me. I loved the books and I have massive respect for the TV series adaptation.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Lol, what a negotiation

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Making cyberpunk in 2023 is like making unironic giant atomic ants movies in 1998 - it can be good, but its usually just "phone bad, motorbike on European street cool"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
It's clearly not Anime there's no underage tits and panty shots. God you guys are idiots