Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You're me from around 2009 or so. Enjoy the ride. gently caress Shula. Oh and everyone will just hate you now so have fun with that, I sure have.

So who's ready for the scrappy underdog *checks notes* The Alabama Crimson Tide? to finally free everyone from the drudgery of championship game blowouts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

MLK Ultra posted:

Do you do the Woo after "Good Ole Rocky Top" or nah?

Yes with emphasis, but you have to add the “Go to hell Tennessee; eat poo poo and die” at the end there. I wish I remembered the alternate lyrics for LSU but Auburn and the Vols will have to do.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

NGL, getting ranked after FSU stings a bit.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The worst part of yesterdays game is that Notre Dame is now off the hook for worst blowout loss in a title game

There’s always next year

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Fullcast is part of Meadowlark now (Dan Le Batard's group).

My understanding was that was just the After Dark pod. Is the main one there as well?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s remarkable how I know what 99% of those words mean but the ordering here just makes it soup for me. You explained it fine I’m sure but what a mess.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Breaking news: https://twitter.com/largeelyphants/status/1617873742918725632

Warbird
May 23, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i fancy myself fairly familiar with a lot of american dialect but like what in the fuckin world does that mean

I think the gentleman may be mentally challenged or something. It’s been more or less that since 2008 or so. I want to be clear that I’m not pointing and laughing here and I genuinely love that weird account. He’s my favorite SEC honk that isn’t on the Fullcas.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

reads like dril had a kid with chuck tingle and they listen to the Fullcast

nothing about the above is an insult

I hope they discover the account at some point. Or maybe I don’t. I don’t know. It’s a beautiful weird thing and I don’t want it to get Doobie’d.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Death, taxes, Auburn football.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

UNRANKED OKLAHOMA DEMOLISHES #2 ALABAMA in men's basketball

https://twitter.com/largeelyphants/status/1619448435673006081

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sash! posted:

I watched the Manti Te'o thing on Netflix. It did answer some of the questions I had. Maybe it has to do with the intervening ten years or so, but in retrospect the "lol imaginary girlfriend" part wasn't fair at all. She wasn't imaginary, per se. Maybe I'm just being a stickler for lawyering this, but that carries some implications on his part that weren't accurate even if it had turned out that he was in on it.

Does it cover them getting pantsed on national television by ol' Nicky Sabes and the Tide? If so, can you provide timestamps?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wholly agree with you except for that first part. Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women. Roll Tide, btich. Also applies to Tebow who I'm sure is an excellent person, but gently caress em anyway.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

And he’s on a tear now that Julie is going to the Super Bowl and Okinawa fans are claiming him as their own.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Lane’s legit pissed he didn’t see and buy one first.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/largeelyphants/status/1623989039421353987

I can’t tell if Horace is getting predictable or I’m getting better at reading these. I’m starting to suspect it’s just a bot doing find/replace on rivals posts or something. It’s too consistent to not be a bit.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/largeelyphants/status/1626644879517356047

Namaste and roll ride

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wonder if there will be any greater blowback as it seems there was a history of this and it appears to have involved multiple members of the team and team staff that were either aware or participating in it.

I am also incredibly aware that I don't have any place to talk here given the ongoing matters with Bama Basketball.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Both of em

And give them to Bama

Would be more legitimate than like a quarter of our existing number so why not.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I most assuredly will not.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

From god’s lips 2 ur eyez:

https://twitter.com/largeelyphants/status/1631344856726478864

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Football adjacent but today someone posted the full rear end 9 hour marathon of James Spann covering the April 2011 tornado outbreak that nailed Tuscaloosa.

https://youtu.be/5z9jAUIdeok

I’ve never seen most of this as I was slightly preoccupied trying to not die on campus at the time but I’d be lying if my chest didn’t tighten up a hair watching that thing tear through town again.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

roll tide btich

LLCoolJD posted:

James Spann once came to my elementary school and gave a presentation. That's my story.

Legit jealous. I’ve met Sabes a few times but I’d turn them all in to meet Spann.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Moving to NC has made me realize that there are parts of the country where the weather isn’t trying to kill you on the reg. It’s weird.

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Nah his early warnings of the 1999 outbreak caused my parents to take my siblings and I over to my grandmother's who had a cellar. Our house in Moore took a direct hit. We didn't have a reinforced room and the entire building was completely leveled to the foundation.

And he also made sure your parents boned down.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Well how I’m the hell does it rain? Don’t you hold out on us.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The football and bbq in NC is just goddamn awful, but the weather isn’t trying to murder you (Eastern NC and hurricanes aside) and we’re also getting a Microcenter. Charlotte is a land of contrasts.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Nystral posted:

Mustard based bbq sauce is gross.

So is white bbq sauce

And vinegar heavy sauces

White’s decent on chicken if you’re so inclined. You’re going to be fairly hard pressed to find any though at most joints.

But also:

General Dog posted:

Good barbecue doesn’t really need sauce at all

The “joint” is kind of the problem though, there aren’t any around here. I can think of 1 in 45 minutes of me and the meat is just wholly unremarkable and not worth the cash only business and weird hours. This said there is a hot chicken place way out the middle of nowhere that is just goddamned amazing so it’s not a total wash.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

*checks scores*

football school?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Well there’s always softball I guess? Maybe the bass fishing team is hot again? I know the hockey team is better than they have any right to be.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Didn’t Groverat die in Benghazi?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Couple teaspoons of Benefiber in the morning coffee will sort ya right out. Just saying.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Buncha drat nerds in here

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/bucees/status/1645388856261312512

Huh. I didn’t even know this was in the cards let alone up and open now. That’s the what, 4th location in the state? That’s still the most outside Texas afaik.

The real question now is if/when Tuscaloosa gets one. I don’t see it happening frankly.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You can get gas at a Buc-ee’s? Wild. I might try that the next time I stop by.

I love that the only one in the Carolinas exists dorky because of the amount of people going to/from Myrtle Beach. The fastest route from Charlotte takes you right beside it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

drewhead posted:

On my next trip to Ohio State South how much extra time should I allot to get the full Buc-ee's experience?

Nystral is right, about an hour and change to stand around and gawk, pee, choose some things to eat, and checkout.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You're not wrong but go mid afternoon and enjoy the chaos for your first time imo.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/itsbterrell/status/1646155417301417984

Oh boy I bet this will go over great with the locals.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I was about to say "a season opener in November??"

It's the metric system you see. Do the French like basketball? I know it's quite liked in Asia, but I honestly know dick all about Euro sports outside of soccer, funny NASCAR, and singing competitions.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

The most hyped prospect since LeBron is going #1 this year and he's French. The French men's national team is a perennial medal contender. I can't imagine they care about American collegiate women's hoops though.

Now hold on. I don’t remember a lot of high school French class but I’m pretty sure he’s LaBron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

This a new one as far as offseason derails, but I'm here for it.