Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Their Twitter bio is "Top 5 dead or alive hands down"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1615542770005061636?t=y2hoZ44nSjoGlQD4pQhHug&s=19

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

forkboy84 posted:

Jesus. That's awful. This one hits home harder at least partially just because Jay is just a few months older than me. I've not had to really comfront many deaths from my age group

Really need time to process this one, but all I can think to say is The Briscoes have been a huge part of my wrestling fandom from when I started watching US indies, or just reading about them being too young to wrestle in Philly so they turned up to a CZW Philly show as the Midnight Outlawz, Kenny & Keno Murdoch.

Devastated for his family.

Mark's birthday is literally tomorrow. January 18, 1985.

Its so unsettling when someone younger than me dies.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Life is such a loving rear end in a top hat sometimes

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Jay's wife made a post on Facebook saying that their daughter Gracie (the one from the cheerleading video) suffered back injuries and was in surgery to save the use of her legs. Their other daughter was seriously injured but will recover.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Goddammit. Always wear a seat belt.

Not saying it necessarily would have helped in this case, but it might have.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Heres an update on his girls as of a few hours ago. They're both in really rough shape.

quote:

Josh Wharton, a family friend of the late Jay Briscoe, has provided an update on the health of Gracie and Jayleigh — Jay's two daughters who suffered severe injuries in the auto accident that led to the wrestler's death.

According to Wharton's Facebook page, Gracie "could not feel anything from the waist down" post-accident when she was admitted to a local hospital, where she was diagnosed with an L2 dislocation, L3 and L4 fractures, and spinal cord compression. Once she was stabilized and transferred to a bigger hospital, Gracie got feeling back in her thighs but continued to feel nothing below her knee. She ultimately underwent surgery around 3 AM on Wednesday, the 18th of January. The doctors were able to relieve the compression in her spinal cord and the surgery went as well as possible.

Gracie, 12, continues to deal with swelling and trauma in her spinal cord, as doctors play "the waiting game" hoping for a full recovery. On a positive note, she experienced "tingling in her feet" on and off Thursday, and doctors expect her progress to occur on a day-to-day basis. 

As of Thursday night, Gracie does not have feeling back in her legs. However, fortunately, she is not diagnosed with any other injuries.

Meanwhile, Jayleigh, 9, was diagnosed with an open tibia and fibular fracture at a local hospital, where she underwent surgery. The doctors placed her in an external fixator and sent her to a bigger hospital, where she remains. 

Jayleigh, diagnosed with a C7 fracture, is expected to remain in a neck brace for another six weeks. She is also dealing with L3 and L4 fractures, which will keep her in a back brace for another 12 weeks. She also has a broken rib on the right side. Furthermore, she suffered from internal bleeding Thursday, but the doctors performed bowel resection surgery and corrected the issue. 

Wharton has also shared a text message he received from Ashley, the wife of Jay.

"Both girls are in a lot of pain," read the text from Ashley. "We would like to express how thankful we are for the outpouring of support from our community and the wrestling community worldwide."

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1173312/update-on-injuries-to-jay-briscoes-daughters/

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 20, 2023

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
They count from the neck down, right? So L2, L3 would be up in the neck?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Thank you for not treating me like an idiot for my question.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gracie has regained feeling in her legs, and has some movement in her lower extremities.

https://m.facebook.com/100000454854574/videos/pugh-family-update-and-community-prayer-part-2/866713167931078/

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Christ I can't even imagine

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wasn't it reported not long ago that Bray was dealing with a "life threatening" medical issue?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Fiend was the most interesting and original thing WWE had in a long time. Bray had an excellent mind for the business and from all reports was a cool guy. This sucks.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Shard posted:

This loving sucks. No one should die in their 30s.

And no parent should ever have to bury a child.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Do we have any idea what the life threatening illness was?

Kirios posted:

It somehow hits harder when it's someone younger than you. This is the first time I've really experienced that with someone I knew and enjoyed their work.

It's... Devastating.

Dude, seriously. I just turned 42 and this one hits especially hard for me. It's the first time a wrestler younger than me that I knew and watched died (I wasn't familiar with Jay Briscoe's work before he passed.)

It's really a punch in the gut. Life is fragile.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 25, 2023

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Kinda of what i feared and it sucks (and I probably should get a check up myself cause things can come out of nowhere)

Call the first chance you get. There's no downside.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

gently caress, wasn't it just last week they were like "he's out of the woods and is preparing for his return?"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Did Smackdown do a 10 bell salute to start the show?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s tomorrow

I keep forgetting today is Thursday. Ugh.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes. And, COVID and heart issues, let alone both, be like that. It's sadly entirely plausible that they had every reason to believe that was 100% true.

gently caress this world sometimes, man.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Cameo posted:

Punk will most definitely at least be wearing a BRAY armband, he is the guy who called him “an Abrams tank with a Ferrari engine” and was a big supporter of Bray when the gimmick was in NXT. Claudio will also probably work some Bray spots in, Jay will probably kiss the forehead of whoever he’s hitting with the Blade Runner during the GE/Cinnabang Gang match, and I can’t help but imagine Malakai and the HOB will work something into their costuming in honor of their fellow lore dork.

Mox maybe too seeing as he worked quite a bit with Bray during the Wyatt Family/Shield feud.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There was some of Jake's mystique in Bray

Oh absolutely. You could see a lot of winks and nods to Jake Roberts in Bray's work

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
The point where I gave up completely on WWE was when they screwed up The Fiend. I was a lapsed WWE fan and I was starting to get drawn back in just by that character.

The Wyatt Family was refreshingly original. He had such a creative mind and was just so captivating whenever he was on screen. You couldn't help but be drawn to him.

I didn't know him personally but he was obviously beloved in the industry. And when it's someone younger than you it hits differently.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
This just makes it worse. :smith:

https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/1696279231544590350?t=_fkH9f2nb52n08qiIW3UHw&s=19

Bray had a "weak lower part of the heart" due to damage from Covid. He was in the hospital last week because of it, and the morning of his death, he was at the doctor for a follow up appointment. He was given a defibrillator to wear in case of an issue. Police found it in his car.

He laid down to take a nap and never woke up. At least he went in his sleep and didn't feel any pain.

It's not a guarantee that the defibrillator would have saved him, but he would have stood a better chance.

Just one moment, one mistake, one thing slips your mind and it could be fatal. Life can be so fragile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
RIP Virgil and his enormous elephant penis.