Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I gotta hand it to 'im. Through pure shamelessness he managed to wrap around from "get a load of this rear end in a top hat" to people finding him endearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

He was Virgil because Virgil is the midnight rider's real first name. in wcw, they named him Curly Bill.

rip

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Can you even say gently caress Money in heaven?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he was a masterless ronin roaming from con to con
I love the double meaning

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
He gets to stay, but they won't call him Mike. It's a rib on the other Virgil. No, not Dusty.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I never followed his wrestling career, but drat, one of the greatest rikishi for sure. Sumo gave him to puroresu to make up for Koji Kitao.

For those with no great interest in sumo, I feel like I should mention he was the first non-Japanese yokozuna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
On Akebono:

anakha posted:

Check out Akebono's footwork when he starts the match here. Starts far back because he doesn't want his opponent to have a chance to reach for his belt, but also steps forward with hand thrusts that start out with his arm not fully extended before making contact. The combination of both allows him to shove with a lot of force and send Takanohana stumbling back. He continues to plant his feet well with every step forward to generate max force. Note as well that he is able to do powerful thrusts with both hands so that he continues the pressure with every step forward.

anakha posted:

And you can see how elite his striking was against arguably the greatest Japanese yokozuna of the modern era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLFYuyJTxGI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ipBrvlIR6c

tl;dr

Trying posted:

just two big boys doing big boy poo poo :rip: