Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
holy poo poo, I hadn't paid enough attention and I thought this was a case of a victim making allegations after the fact

the victim made allegations at the time and this has been dragging through the court system for two years and this rich motherfucker got out on a laughable 50k bond, and Adult Swim has just been twiddling their thumbs the whole time?

gently caress all this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I am so sure this was discussed 5 days ago but god drat, can't be overstated how much a piece of poo poo this man is https://www.thegamer.com/justin-roiland-allegations-grooming-abuse-predatory/

this seems like it's just going to explode in a huge way and I hope the shrapnel hits everyone that had a hand in not taking action.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

teen witch posted:

As a former teen goth to now adult goth (somehow sadder?), I’ve seen a nonzero shift rightward due to Marilyn Manson’s nonsense as of late.

loving boggles me. The poo poo that came to light wasn't in the "chuddy behavior" circle, it is "imprisonment and sexual abuse and torture".

Mechanical Animals used to be on my "listen for a week straight every year". Poof. I can forgive people lovely opinions up to a point but I've got no time for rapists and torturers. Like, loving duh, why does a context even exist where I have to state this??

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Why does every head shop have rick and morty glass pipes for sale

I bet if the modern day weed boom happened in 2000, it would be South Park glass

"would be"? Dude they had south park bongs all over the headshops in WNY when I was in college in the Bad Old Illegal times. It hasn't slowed down, here's a Chef dab rig

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Lennon should be canceled. OK, he's already dead, but given how he's one of music's biggest assholes I always thought it hypocritical that he seems to get a pass for behavior that would never be forgiven if he wasn't a peaceful hippy icon or whatever.

He did get shot to death at a relatively young age, so there's that. I believe that's a form of cancel culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

arsenicCatnip posted:

so you're saying the only person to be really cancelled in the modern age was shinzo abe?

https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/global-study-on-homicide.html