Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

We're back, with an easier to read bracket this time, down to 10 teams from the 12 previous and without a shuffle in the semi finals to make the bracketology more complicated. No MagiRabi, Yuka will be in America and Mizuki refuses to tag with anyone else, while Pom has chosen to put all her effort into supporting Raku and Aino.

Toyo Mates (Kamiyu and Mahiro Kiryu) vs Karate Girls (Moka Miyamoto and Juria Nagano)
- Winner faces Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume)
Free Wifi (Nao Kakuta and Hikari Noa) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh)
Reiwa Ban AA Cannon (Saki Akai and Yuki Arai) vs Raku Appreciation Society (Raku and Yuki Aino)
- Winner faces DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi)
Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima) vs Cat and Bird (Haruna Neko and Kaya Toribami)

First show is at 2pm JST on the 15th (roughly 11 hours from this post), so check your local listings in the puro thread

quote:

TOKYO JOSHI PRO “THE 3RD “FUTARI WA PRINCESS” MAX HEART TOURNAMENT”, 15/01/2023
Tokyo Otemachi Mitsui Hall

1. Shoko Nakajima Vs Wakana Uehara
2. 3 Way Match: Mizuki Vs Hyper Misao Vs Pom Harajuku
3. Rika Tatsumi, Miu Watanabe & HIMAWARI Vs Suzume, Arisu Endo & Kaya Toribami
4. “Futari wa Princess” Max Heart Tournament – Round 2B: Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh Vs Hikari Noa & Nao Kakuta
5. “Futari wa Princess” Max Heart Tournament – Round 1A: Yuki Kamifuku & Mahiro Kiryu Vs Moka Miyamoto & Juria Nagano
6. “Futari wa Princess” Max Heart Tournament – Round 1B: Saki Akai & Yuki Arai Vs Yuki Aino & Raku

Who is your top 4 teams? Who will win? Do they have a shot against Wasteland War Party for the belts?

Didn't find any cool TJPW related tweets this time around, but did see this. This fuckin Rabbit, I swear to god dude

https://twitter.com/tyomateee2/status/1613874955976085504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I'll have to ponder the full bracket more, but I'm pulling for Misao and Shoko to take the whole thing. I think Wacky Bullshit is the strongest available weapon against Wasteland War Party.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Would this be a good jumping on point to get current with TJPW?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dawgstar posted:

Would this be a good jumping on point to get current with TJPW?

Not as good as the January 4th show would be, of the champions only the secondary singles champ (Miu Watanabe) is on the tour, the tag and singles champ are in America at the moment.

That being said, the size TJPW's roster means that pretty much everyone is on every show, so if you just want to start familiarising yourself with the roster this will be as good as any smaller show

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the YEAR OF MAHIRO starts here, with the TOYO MATES WINNING THE MAX HEART TOURNAMENT

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Here are my predictions.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I've been putting off climbing on the bandwagon for a while, so I took the plunge and got a Chromecast and a WU subscription. (My very old Fire Stick was not up to the task.)

I can cast from my phone to the Chromecast, but I can't find the WU app using the main Chromecast interface. Searched for both "Wrestle Universe" and "Cyberfight." Jumping through hoops to sideload it resulted in a vertically letterboxed experience. Am I missing something?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not too sure sorry, never gone through an app before. I've always just cast the tab from my computer to the tv and fullscreened it, never had any performance issues doing it that way

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

Toyo Mates (Kamiyu and Mahiro Kiryu) vs Karate Girls (Moka Miyamoto and Juria Nagano)
- Winner faces Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume)
Free Wifi (Nao Kakuta and Hikari Noa) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh)
Reiwa Ban AA Cannon (Saki Akai and Yuki Arai) vs Raku Appreciation Society (Raku and Yuki Aino)
- Winner faces DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi)
Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima) vs Cat and Bird (Haruna Neko and Kaya Toribami)

Going to get a decent bit of sleep before the show starts so here are my predictions. 121000000 beat Daisy Monkey in the semis, lose to DayDream in the finals. Miu swings Max in a losing effort, and all the Miumaniacs will be doing the hands through the tears. AA Cannon go out earlier than expected, Akai goes back to DDT, a certain Rose of Versailles returns at the finals.

THEN, the year of Mahiro will being

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
I'm delusionally pulling for Toyo Mates to win it. The High School mean girl and nerd pairing is too likable for me not to back 100%

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PublicOpinion posted:

I'll have to ponder the full bracket more, but I'm pulling for Misao and Shoko to take the whole thing. I think Wacky Bullshit is the strongest available weapon against Wasteland War Party.

:hai:

Also Shoko is 147m tall, so she can go toe-to-toe with Max for sure.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

delfin posted:

I've been putting off climbing on the bandwagon for a while, so I took the plunge and got a Chromecast and a WU subscription. (My very old Fire Stick was not up to the task.)

I can cast from my phone to the Chromecast, but I can't find the WU app using the main Chromecast interface. Searched for both "Wrestle Universe" and "Cyberfight." Jumping through hoops to sideload it resulted in a vertically letterboxed experience. Am I missing something?

If I pull up the WU app on my phone and play something then I can cast directly from the video. You shouldn't have to mess with apps or anything on the Chromecast device, just make sure it's turned on and able to receive a cast.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Getting my predictions in before reading the thread:

def by Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume)

also defeat DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi)

Semis:

Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) def Free Wifi (Nao Kakuta and Hikari Noa)
Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima) def Reiwa Ban AA Cannon (Saki Akai and Yuki Arai)

Winner: Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stream is live, looks a decent crowd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Live stream has started :woop:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

HI NAMBA!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NAMBAAAA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:wave: Namba

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

CLAP
FOR
NAMBA
:neckbeard:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

UP
UP
GIRLS

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Big Cheers

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cameraman wasn't prepaid for the Hikari cheers and had already panned away

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm still not used to Raku's gear

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Miu: Hi everybody! :) I love you all. Life is great. If I don't get a new song to sing soon I'm gonna take a cheese grater to Raku's head.
Hikari: ....lucccccky.....

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh no, Max just found out they weren't booked

https://twitter.com/_theyaremax_/status/1614427577602695169

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Uehara's music is rad

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

SG Bamboo posted:

Uehara's music is rad

Yeah, it goes hard.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:rip: new girl here comes BIG KAIJU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's hard for me to take Shoko seriously with those silly feetsies.

That Senton though :stare:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

yeah, new girl took all of that senton

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1614489494132264960?s=20

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wakana shows promise, going to be sad when she picks up a win before Endo

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

P
O
M

T
I
M
E

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Pom!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pom is jumping glad at the no MAX

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Time for a good clean match!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gotta admit that's a pretty loving nice train.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Time for a good clean match!

Rabbit standing by to make sure the other two take this serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MIC