Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I walked home from the bar at half time and just checked to see how far the Chargers had ran the score up

WHAT?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cat Hassler posted:

I walked home from the bar at half time and just checked to see how far the Chargers had ran the score up

WHAT?!?!

you had to know this would happen

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

a neat cape posted:

it was a high risk high reward type thing

It's a good idea but you gotta sit on it until after at least one playoff game. Tuck it in the file for next year if something like tonight happens, the receipt printer isn't going anywhere

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Q_res posted:

Well what do you expect? His offense needs a first ballot HoF receiver running decoy routes to work.

Yo, it didn't work.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
imagine trying to root for the chargers year in and year out

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cat Hassler posted:

WHAT?!?!

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1614481549168201728

My reaction to ^that^ Tweet was "I'm sorry, what?" and complete confusion. The last I saw of the score, it was 27-7 LAC (and that was in the background of a friend's IG story).

I'm bummed I missed the comeback but holy :lol: did I never think they were going to come all the way back and win it. My mindset was literally "Well, at least the Jackets won. Too bad about the Jags.".

e-
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1614468459517313026
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1614475769341743104

:laffo:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 15, 2023

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The thing is, yeah running the ball more might have had helped burn clock, but it was the Jags letting the clock run at the end. The real problem was that the Chargers defense, with their head coach calling the plays and two star pass rushers and a stop-the-pass scheme, couldn't get a stop.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HyperPuma posted:

imagine

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

This is the ideal playoff scenario:

9-8 Dolphins beat the 9-8 Jaguars in the AFC championship game
8-9 Bucs beat the 9-7-1 Seahawks in the NFC championship game
The 8-9 bucs beat a Tua-less dolphins in a 14-3 Super Bowl

I take no pleasure in reporting this

Also I misread the playoff situation and this may be impossible but I can dream.

Tom Tucker fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 15, 2023

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Whopper whopper whopper whopper junior double triple whopper

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ve feel like I’ve seen that defeated face on Herbert infinite times and he’s only been in the league 3 years.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I want to ask how but in my heart of hearts I somehow knew the Chargers would blow it the moment I turned the game off to do something else. Brutal.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The worst part for me is I could've second-screened it to monitor what was going on but, nope, because there was no way the JAAAAAAAGS were going to dig out of that hole. :shepicide:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Seahawks are who we thought they are.

Same but for Chargers.

Wild game gently caress yes Jags

Werner Herzog posted:

A fairly young, intelligent-looking man with long hair asked me whether watching Chargers or being a fan of the Chargers could do harm, whether it could destroy a person. In my heart the answer was yes, but I said no.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 15, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Its Rinaldo posted:

Seahawks are who we thought they are.

Same but for Chargers.

Wild game gently caress yes Jags

At least the Seahawks went out with some dignity.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I cant believe the chargers bottled that so badly

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

This half a game was more than enough for me :thumbsdown:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The chad Doug Pederson declining that penalty and daring the Chargers to go for it vs the virgin Brandon Staley going for a FG on 4th and 2 that misses anyways

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1614490054423896064?s=46&t=eSxbskRabyUEObgmVqLB3w

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

I’ve feel like I’ve seen that defeated face on Herbert infinite times and he’s only been in the league 3 years.

Of the team's 50 biggest blown leads ever, he's been there for 5 of them now (the page needs to be updated to include this one, which is their #1 biggest ever)

The other 4 all happened in 2020, 3 of which are also in their top ten biggest

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Koirhor posted:

This some serious WWE AEW poo poo and I don’t appreciate it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Goondolences on getting Duuuuuuuuvalll'd Ross.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

dingo with a joint posted:

Super-excited to see how the Chargers manage to choke. Staley's really going to have to pull out all the stops to lose this one, but I have faith in his internalisation of the Charger way.

Staley. Mate. I was only joking.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

dingo with a joint posted:

Staley. Mate. I was only joking.

What are your thoughts on willing this into existence? You do realize this is all your fault.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

At least the Seahawks went out with some dignity.

Seahawks shouldn’t have been anywhere near the playoffs and every moment was a pleasure

The Chargers are coached by a young gun guy who supposedly revolutionized NFL defenses the past 3 years and a quarterback golden god* and are every stat nerd’s favorite team, and just got dumpsters by the Jags from an 0-27 hole

*Herbert might be the real deal if he finally gets good coaches and this didn’t break him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I guess I have to watch the game pass of this game how the gently caress did the Chargers charger so hard

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
as I said in the GDT, Doug Peterson's resemblance to the seagull from The Little Mermaid is tripping me out just a little bit. Still that was quite the 2nd half to tune in to and I hope tomorrow's games can attempt to match that.

The Seahawks just made me sad.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

indigi posted:

I guess I have to watch the game pass of this game how the gently caress did the Chargers charger so hard

they literally stopped playing defense in the second half

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
You think you had a bad day

https://twitter.com/br_betting/status/1614491073153306625

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thanks for brisker, LA.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
On the other hand I did tell my GF to bet $20 on the Jags since she's in Vegas helping her sister this weekend, so I should check and see if she took my advice.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

My first football memory was the Vikings lose to the original Hail Mary pass. You have my condolences.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

indigi posted:

It was super impressive. Not in a good impressive way, but impressive.

I don't think the Chargers had a turnover, so they were +5 in that category? And lost.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

to be fair to the Chargers, it would have been a less monumental embarrassing comeback if the referees weren't missing one call after another and helping the game get so out of hand in the first place

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this would have never happened if the chargers had justin jackson.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

It was super impressive. Not in a good impressive way, but impressive.

I don't think the Chargers had a turnover, so they were +5 in that category? And lost.

Correct.

If only they just did a QB sneak on that 3rd and inches instead of trying some stupid end around with a practice squad WR who fumbled and we had to punt

If only Herbert didn't airmail a wide open Keenan Allen on 3rd and Goal in the back of the endzone in the 2nd quarter.

if only Dicker didn't miss a kick he's made all year

If only Bosa wasn't a gigantic child

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Correct.

If only they just did a QB sneak on that 3rd and inches instead of trying some stupid end around with a practice squad WR who fumbled and we had to punt

If only Herbert didn't airmail a wide open Keenan Allen on 3rd and Goal in the back of the endzone in the 2nd quarter.

if only Dicker didn't miss a kick he's made all year

If only Bosa wasn't a gigantic child

I wanna dunk on the Chargers more but you're a cool poster so it's kinda hard to do.

But Staley does need to get the gently caress out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

#DUUUVALTHEFUP

Kirios posted:

I wanna dunk on the Chargers more but you're a cool poster so it's kinda hard to do.

But Staley does need to get the gently caress out.

I know just the coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

indigi posted:

The main thing I noticed is that in the first half they were absolutely destroying the Jaguars mid-short passing game (also Trevor was making a bunch of bad throws) but in the second half, the Jaguars were able to get it going and just dinked and dunked their way down the field.