Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Well the Ravens post-game has Dobbins calling out the QB and the coach so this may not be the offseason to just want competence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There is literally no situation where it's in your interest to throw a player under the bus so aggressively unless you're worried about losing your job.

"Go low" Where? It was a wall of flesh.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You seem very agitated given your team just won a playoff game.

It's lovely to hurl a dude under the bus.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Is there a tldr on what people get so mad about Lamar Jackson for? I tried to look it up but it was mostly incredibly mad white guys on Twitter who say a lot of racist stuff

Recently a bunch of people have seen him be unwilling to risk his knee with no contract and got super pissy about it. He's like 25 and obviously wasn't about to do that. It's super unreasonable and entitled and probably is a vocal minority thing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sharknado slashfic posted:

Supposedly the Ravens have a policy that injured players don't travel with the team. I didn't go looking very hard so I have no evidence of this.

Pretty sure he was on the sideline last week.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean was Tua on the sidelines? Seems kind of a BS talking point.

I think just flat out blaming Jackson without any consideration for the situation is a BS take. Considering the most rational thing to do from a football perspective is to tag Lamar, all the smoke that the relationship seems to be broken is relevant.

Crazy to think how much better off the Ravens would probably be if the Browns didn't give Watson his contract.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

This kind of QB sneak that QBs do where they hold the ball out front and try to jump over is new though. i'm shocked that plays like last night don't happen more often.

That play only happened that way because a bunch of poo poo consecutively happened.

Jermaine Pratt successfully guessed exactly where Huntley was going to try and pop over the line, and bent him backwards.

Logan Wilson was in a good position to get a solid punch on the football.

Huntley's arms were forced to separate and he batted the football away from the pile instead of into that massive pile of ravens or into the end zone where it would have been a touchback.

When the ball did squirt out it just happened to hit Hubbard in the hands and Hubbard wasn't engaged with anybody.

It kind of bothers me that people are acting like Huntley did something wildly irresponsible. He overestimated the push his line got him, But I don't necessarily feel like that play was inherently any riskier than throwing into a crowd in the end zone.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyway, Sam Hubbard rules. I've spent several hours giving it serious thought and I've decided I'm even willing to forgive the fact that he went to Moeller.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The but fumble

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bows1 posted:

you a St X guy

Yep.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's extremely annoying that the Steelers didn't have a losing season the past few years and they're probably going to be pretty good next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

I can't see how anyone in the modern era could be a Commie fan unless they grew up when the Redskins were an actually respectable team. Snyder single-handedly made that franchise into the trashiest team around, and it's only the players and Rivera being a legit good person (if a very iffy coach) that gives that franchise any redeeming qualities at this point.

I hope the team gets sold soon so they can fix/replace their garbage stadium and not cheap out on literally everything.

But they can't be too old or else they are rooting for the team that segregated football and fought the hardest to keep it segregated.