Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Prince's eyes when he heard Anis was going to fight the dragon were the eyes of someone who knew all his plans just went up in flames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Completely-out-of-left-field dumb prediction: the prince's new fiancee or someone backing her were somehow responsible for releasing the dragon, it was a ploy to make him look heroic & princely

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
What if she (speculation) IS THE DRAGON!?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think that's only an option if Anis keeps up her streak and seduces the dragon.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Darth Walrus posted:

I think that's only an option if Anis keeps up her streak and seduces the dragon.

That'd certainly make the Prince angry. :haw:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Darth Walrus posted:

Given this is an Isekai I'm not ruling this one out. The genre has a track record of that sort of thing.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Honestly we need more isekai with multiple reincarnators competing and being dicks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Raenir Salazar posted:

:hmmyes:

Darth Walrus posted:

:hmmyes::hmmyes:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Having read the Light novel's I'm enjoying the wild speculation on Laine and welcome the threads response when the anime gets there

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Laine is actually the prince this is actually a story where people have strong cases of the genders in addition to being gay.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Honestly we need more isekai with multiple reincarnators competing and being dicks.
Yes.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Watching this is basically everything I love anime for and it has been far too many years since something felt this good in the gay way. Really, not since Yagate Kimi ni Naru.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

That was pretty fuckin' hype.

Was absolutely expecting the dragon to be sentient but I'm wondering what the curse is, also what the gently caress is prince up to with the minister and is the curse related somehow.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It's nice to see an isekai protagonist who's actually invested in the fantasy world.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hype train, boarding now.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah that was really all I could of hoped for the Dragon Fight. Good stuff all around and Euphie/Anis danced at the end!

Looks like we start in volume 2 next week and I wonder if we're gonna get the Laine stuff next week. Also the show has kinda of skimmed past some of the reason why people don't like Anis' Magicology and I hope we see it cause it also plays into the politics of the setting

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Is one of the reasons that magidrugs turn you into a powerful crazy person that coughs blood but are legal? She can't be the first person to try a mad scientist monster implant either. Anis please stop, you have a magic girlfriend equipped now, you don't have to do this!

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
My girlfriend is a drug addict but I can change her.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah that was really all I could of hoped for the Dragon Fight. Good stuff all around and Euphie/Anis danced at the end!

Looks like we start in volume 2 next week and I wonder if we're gonna get the Laine stuff next week. Also the show has kinda of skimmed past some of the reason why people don't like Anis' Magicology and I hope we see it cause it also plays into the politics of the setting

Maybe it's one of those things we the audience are meant to kinda infer? At least with this episode my guess would be (a) It gives commoners access to power that before only the nobility had (politics of the setting?). (b) Without the limiters and safety features these items presumably drain something from the user and can kill you? Presumably stamina which is why Anis needed the special drugs? (c) The drugs make you enter basically Barbarian Rage mode turning you into basically an unhinged crazy person.

GloomMouse posted:

Is one of the reasons that magidrugs turn you into a powerful crazy person that coughs blood but are legal? She can't be the first person to try a mad scientist monster implant either. Anis please stop, you have a magic girlfriend equipped now, you don't have to do this!

Presumably this is """legal""" because Anis is literally above the law.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm sure it's legal much like inventing a new way to dig for stuff is legal, nobody knows about it to regulate it. I mean come on, powdered magicite? If somebody in the kingdom knew about this other than the duo and Anis' apothecary friend somebody would be doing time.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I would think all bets are off when facing an actual dragon.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

GloomMouse posted:

BRB gotta take my Magic Adderall

I will be curious to see if the show follows the obvious political ramifications of giving magical power to commoners, when it's normally the domain of the nobility. Like another poster said, it certainly would be implied by the word "Revolution" in the title, but the show doesn't seem to be going that direction yet.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You do a little bit of magic meth and kill a dragon and suddenly everyone has an opinion.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Drugs are cool. Do drugs and slay dragons, kids.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Look if you gotta ignite the blood in your veins to save the world you gotta do it, you know?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

It's "be gay, do crime" for a reason folks

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
She started coughing up blood when she took the limiter off I don't think "there are horrible consequences to forcing your body to do magic" is a wild bet.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Maybe it made her super healthy and that was just extra blood. At least having her quest for magic be more of an unhealthy obsession gives Euphie something to work on in their relationship rather than just be rescued

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

GloomMouse posted:

Maybe it made her super healthy and that was just extra blood. At least having her quest for magic be more of an unhealthy obsession gives Euphie something to work on in their relationship rather than just be rescued

She just had an excess of one of the three humours and was getting them back in balance.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

It was sauce from the spaghetti she had for dinner.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The drug gives her tuberculosis, but don't worry, she just needs to invent magitech antibiotics.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That's actually just a quirk of her being an isekai'd soul, the drugs are to keep that from happening 6 times a day naturally. It's a very serious condition when she could potentially choke on her blood in her sleep.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This week: we finally get introduced to Lainie.

At the rate they’re going, I imagine the anime will wrap up Volume 2 of the LN in about two episodes, leaving the rest of the season to adapt Volume 3

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Hmmm yes... I understand

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Brave to pick a huge back tattoo for your first one tbh

like what if Tilty just sucked at tattooing

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

"Boy it sure was good I was cursed by Dragon and got a rad back tattoo!"

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
lol that Anis' go to plan is always "add my brother's ex to my harem"

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

a pipe smoking dog posted:

lol that Anis' go to plan is always "add my brother's ex to my harem"

She isn't even his ex this time!

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Anis about to find out that Haremology is much more difficult than Magicology

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

GloomMouse posted:

Anis about to find out that Haremology is much more difficult than Magicology

Alternately that a Polycule is not the same thing as a Polytechnic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Me watching this episode and seeing Anis's harem grow :haw:

It's also nice to be on the otherside of formula, watching this show there's something in its DNA that reminds me of My Disciple Has Died Again but like a different side of the tropes in question.