Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Interesting that the brother seems to have plans outside of being affected by Laine's glamour. You would think that he would eventually come back to normal after losing contact with her but apparently she's just a part of his larger plan (which apparently doesn't benefit from being King? Okay buddy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It certainly looks like Al is planning to fight Anis which I'm sure will go well for Al :)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It'd be funny if this was all a plot by Al to get his sister on the throne because of Imposter Syndrome.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
They just had to name her "Tilty" huh?

They know we're going to misread that every time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Her parents really liked Windmills.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Yawgmoft fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 9, 2023

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Change the "men" to "lesbians" please so its actually relevant to the show.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

skaianDestiny posted:

Change the "men" to "lesbians" please so its actually relevant to the show.

:emptyquote:

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
My lesbian wife approved so I don't want to hear it

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Yawgmoft posted:

My lesbian wife approved so I don't want to hear tit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*Borat voice* My lesbian wife

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This week: that awkward moment when you introduce Wife #2 to Wife #1

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Exia posted:

This week: that awkward moment when you introduce Wife #2 to Wife #1

the maid going to go get tea cracked me up

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The anime is caught up to the manga now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I loved how wife 2 immediately became a vampire as soon as they fixed her mana problem.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Nice to see Euphie doing something.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i like the geometry wars palette swap in the ed. guess that's the sign it's time to do some revolutioning

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sure speed running novel 2 not that I mind cause it means animated volume 3

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Thank goodness, i highly doubted they'll end on novel 3 but it's much more satisfying than novel 2.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Nice to see Euphie doing something.

Yeah I'm glad to see her living up to her Genius title, the show hadn't really given her much to do up until this point. Also her and Anis got some flirting and relationship development in which was cute.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It’s a little unfortunate that speed running so they can end on volume 3 has meant that they’ve had to cut some great moments from volumes 1 and 2. It’s nothing major but some really fun gags or the occasional interesting bit of world building

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Ah it was good to see the show shift multiple gears up in the lesbian-ness this episode.

And Tilty & Euphie's bit was just amazing

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Anis solving the problem of reflexive self-defense mesmerism by giving her full control and awakening her vampiric blood thirst was not how I thought it'd go lmao. The fact that she's a commoner that can magic should be a big deal but I don't know how widespread the knowledge has gone

I don't think most of the folks in the Magic Academy would be moved by the speech or the dragon plane diagram tbh. Like yeah she points out how it would advance trade and wealth but I assume they didn't give a poo poo about all the other gadgets that would've made them money and I don't see how this one would change hearts and minds. I just see them as either opposed for quasi-religious reasons or the more pragmatic concern of maintaining the status quo and their power. If the Academy is more neutral and open minded than Anis made it seem and she's just bad at selling the ideas then it makes a lot more sense. Euphie talking about how actually Anis not being magi-capable is because the spirits like her is probably top of the list of heretical statements. I guess the two scheming dudes are supposed to be that side of it but I feel most of the room would be with them. Maybe the LNs goes into it more since apparently we're going fast?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Exia posted:

It’s a little unfortunate that speed running so they can end on volume 3 has meant that they’ve had to cut some great moments from volumes 1 and 2. It’s nothing major but some really fun gags or the occasional interesting bit of world building

Yeah I do miss it but I do wonder if they'll throw some of the world building in for when we finish vol 2 and get to the big plot beats of vol 3

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

GloomMouse posted:

Anis solving the problem of reflexive self-defense mesmerism by giving her full control and awakening her vampiric blood thirst was not how I thought it'd go lmao. The fact that she's a commoner that can magic should be a big deal but I don't know how widespread the knowledge has gone
I thought she was just a very low ranking noble (illicit baron's daughter) not an actual commoner? Unless it was revealed she's adopted and I forgot.

In half of these it's either baron's daughter or commoner, and the other half it's one of those at first and then secretly the other.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 16, 2023

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
iirc it was something along the lines of her dad being very recently titled due to some sort of economic thing, like he was super successful as a merchant or owned a big mine, so when she showed up in noble circles she got the nouveau rich uncultured lowblood treatment.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Caphi posted:

iirc it was something along the lines of her dad being very recently titled due to some sort of economic thing, like he was super successful as a merchant or owned a big mine, so when she showed up in noble circles she got the nouveau rich uncultured lowblood treatment.

He was a highly successful adventurer.

Though he himself has magic too, supposedly.

Part of that speedrunning that was mentioned was skipping a bunch of explanations. Anis went and talked to some people about Lainie, but the anime skipped it.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 17, 2023

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I thought only nobles of established bloodlines could magic but I guess it's just rare, or he/his parent was a bastard child. More world building would be nice but I'm fine with them skipping it or having rousing speeches Just Work as long as they focus on the important stuff:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lewd

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
This week: Algard does his best Gilgamesh impression

One more episode to conclude volume 2, leaving three episodes to adapt Vol 3. I imagine thats gonna be a little condensed, but it’s fine, it’s the better ending point for the season

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

drat, that escalated quickly. Didn't really expect this to go to "let's show Lainie with a gaping hole in her chest while bleeding out" dark. I suspect this is the kind of plot where Anis smokes Algard and then has to deal with the political fallout of murdering her brother

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Laine getting a hole punched through her chest was quite a shock, unfortunately I’m sure they’ll undercut it by her being fine at the end of the next episode.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ilia princess carrying Lainie was amazing

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Talorat posted:

Laine getting a hole punched through her chest was quite a shock, unfortunately I’m sure they’ll undercut it by her being fine at the end of the next episode.

I'm fully expecting Anis to pull a dragon and rip the chunk of magicite out of Algard and stick it back in Laine so she can blood heal.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
That scene was great but it needs a DBZA treatment where they keep cutting back to her bleeding out saying "why are you still talking?!"

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Well that happened. Anis is in a pickle! I guess the revolt was a world building thing that got skipped over. I'm sure Laine will be fine once Anis puts the magicite back, but can Al recover from that?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Some nice Shirou vs Emiya vibes with that conversation, "We're completely different people!"

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.

GloomMouse posted:

Well that happened. Anis is in a pickle! I guess the revolt was a world building thing that got skipped over. I'm sure Laine will be fine once Anis puts the magicite back, but can Al recover from that?
The seeds and movement were there if you read between the lines a bit. It's probably not something Anis was particularly aware of or cared about though, and the story is roughly centered around her perspective. The only really unexpected thing was Lainie having her heart ripped out, and it being the literal kind instead of the metaphorical one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah poor Lainie, I feel so bad for her, which is a 180 from how I felt at the start of the series. Her life has just been so hard and she's doesn't deserve to die like this.