Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Arc en ciel is a great name for a magical tool. Loved it Nanoha, love it here

When you want to say rainbow, but you gotta make it cool. Here's hoping Anis gives Euphie increasingly ridiculous gear each episode. Start a revolution with the power of a bullet loaded magic hammer. The king and prime minister continue to be good as well. Trying to dad properly despite the expectations of station and politics.

For those that've read ahead, does the isekai stuff end up a big part of the plot or is it just tacked onto the story because that's what sells today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I guess in his defense, Anis was easily able to "go away" while still having all the privilege her station affords her because he was there to take the heir role. He doesn't have the same luxury since there aren't any other children. Putting the crown on Child #2 is way less of problem for monarchy then putting it on a cousin or whatever, especially if Child #1 is cool with it and everyone else thinks #1 is a bad egg. Like yeah he's being a huge dumb rear end in a top hat but it's not unreasonable for him to feel some envy and frustration at the situation. Saying "Well just run off and be a poor(ish) ex-prince if you love her so much!" is a bit unfair. Given people are putting up spoiler bars and Anis seems genre aware I'm going to cut him some slack... but keeping the guillotine schedule open in case it's needed.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Is one of the reasons that magidrugs turn you into a powerful crazy person that coughs blood but are legal? She can't be the first person to try a mad scientist monster implant either. Anis please stop, you have a magic girlfriend equipped now, you don't have to do this!

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Maybe it made her super healthy and that was just extra blood. At least having her quest for magic be more of an unhealthy obsession gives Euphie something to work on in their relationship rather than just be rescued

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Anis about to find out that Haremology is much more difficult than Magicology

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Anis solving the problem of reflexive self-defense mesmerism by giving her full control and awakening her vampiric blood thirst was not how I thought it'd go lmao. The fact that she's a commoner that can magic should be a big deal but I don't know how widespread the knowledge has gone

I don't think most of the folks in the Magic Academy would be moved by the speech or the dragon plane diagram tbh. Like yeah she points out how it would advance trade and wealth but I assume they didn't give a poo poo about all the other gadgets that would've made them money and I don't see how this one would change hearts and minds. I just see them as either opposed for quasi-religious reasons or the more pragmatic concern of maintaining the status quo and their power. If the Academy is more neutral and open minded than Anis made it seem and she's just bad at selling the ideas then it makes a lot more sense. Euphie talking about how actually Anis not being magi-capable is because the spirits like her is probably top of the list of heretical statements. I guess the two scheming dudes are supposed to be that side of it but I feel most of the room would be with them. Maybe the LNs goes into it more since apparently we're going fast?

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I thought only nobles of established bloodlines could magic but I guess it's just rare, or he/his parent was a bastard child. More world building would be nice but I'm fine with them skipping it or having rousing speeches Just Work as long as they focus on the important stuff:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Well that happened. Anis is in a pickle! I guess the revolt was a world building thing that got skipped over. I'm sure Laine will be fine once Anis puts the magicite back, but can Al recover from that?

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

I agree 100%

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I feel like I'm getting the highlight reel version of the story tbh. Just some big drama scenes with no more than the absolute bare minimum of context and build up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Well the rushed pacing didn't do the show any favors to my mind. Still it scored high marks for having Anis and Euphie be explicitly 100% gay for each other rather than having the relationship banished to the ~subtext~ realm