Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady is a Yuri light novel/manga/anime series focusing on reincarnated Anisphia (Anis), Genius young lady Euphyllia (Euphie) and the politics and intrigue of royals, magical inventions and Anis being totally gay.

The anime is streaming on Crunchyroll and is really good. The Light Novels are being released in English by Yen Press and we have 3 translated in English and 5 in total. Yen is also doing the manga.

Feel free to discuss the anime, light novel and manga here. Please spoiler the light novel and manga stuff for anime only watchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm really hoping the anime gets to volume 3 as it's a better stopping point than vol 2 but also some of the best Anis/Euphie content

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Arc en ciel is a great name for a magical tool. Loved it Nanoha, love it here

Show is doing a great job of showing just how lost Euphie is and doing it better than the light novel/manga

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

if next episode ends volume 1 we should be getting to volume 3 in the anime which does deal with some of the Isekai stuff (also has some other amazing scenes too)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's not just that Euphie had her engagement broken but she's also been removed from being in the job she spent most of her years training for. And she's being told to take things easy to boot

It's a huge whiplash and she's 100% not sure how she's gonna handle it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Prince's eyes when he heard Anis was going to fight the dragon were the eyes of someone who knew all his plans just went up in flames

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Having read the Light novel's I'm enjoying the wild speculation on Laine and welcome the threads response when the anime gets there

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah that was really all I could of hoped for the Dragon Fight. Good stuff all around and Euphie/Anis danced at the end!

Looks like we start in volume 2 next week and I wonder if we're gonna get the Laine stuff next week. Also the show has kinda of skimmed past some of the reason why people don't like Anis' Magicology and I hope we see it cause it also plays into the politics of the setting

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It certainly looks like Al is planning to fight Anis which I'm sure will go well for Al :)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sure speed running novel 2 not that I mind cause it means animated volume 3

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Exia posted:

It’s a little unfortunate that speed running so they can end on volume 3 has meant that they’ve had to cut some great moments from volumes 1 and 2. It’s nothing major but some really fun gags or the occasional interesting bit of world building

Yeah I do miss it but I do wonder if they'll throw some of the world building in for when we finish vol 2 and get to the big plot beats of vol 3

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ilia princess carrying Lainie was amazing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Genderflipped Napoleon yuri event feels like it should of been a FGO event already

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Laine also says at the end that she hates Al. She's probably understanding of why things happened but I don't read her as fully forgiving nor even being interested in Al any more. It's more of a "hope things go okay but I never want to see you again" ending. Especially since Laine has a Ilya now!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think while some finer details and introspection was lost in the rush to get 3 LN's in 12 episodes the show nailed the big key moments and gave us The Kiss so I'm super happy with the show on a whole. Easily my favorite Yuri Light novel anime

Now to figure out how I favor the villainess is going to get all of the first 2 volumes in it's run time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Some of the cut volume 3 Light Novel content had mentioned that their were other outsider who couldn't speak to spirits like Anis so it could be more of a plot point in later volumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Light novel 4 is out in English and it had an amazing Lanie/Ilia chapter