Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
My only problem with this show is the Prince straight up excused Euphy of orchestrating an assassination plot against his beloved and they just kinda glossed over it. That seems like the kind of accusation you need to have proof for, and there are serious repercussions for making falsely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

GloomMouse posted:

Is one of the reasons that magidrugs turn you into a powerful crazy person that coughs blood but are legal? She can't be the first person to try a mad scientist monster implant either. Anis please stop, you have a magic girlfriend equipped now, you don't have to do this!

BRB gotta take my Magic Adderall

I will be curious to see if the show follows the obvious political ramifications of giving magical power to commoners, when it's normally the domain of the nobility. Like another poster said, it certainly would be implied by the word "Revolution" in the title, but the show doesn't seem to be going that direction yet.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Interesting that the brother seems to have plans outside of being affected by Laine's glamour. You would think that he would eventually come back to normal after losing contact with her but apparently she's just a part of his larger plan (which apparently doesn't benefit from being King? Okay buddy).

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Nice to see Euphie doing something.

Yeah I'm glad to see her living up to her Genius title, the show hadn't really given her much to do up until this point. Also her and Anis got some flirting and relationship development in which was cute.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Laine getting a hole punched through her chest was quite a shock, unfortunately I’m sure they’ll undercut it by her being fine at the end of the next episode.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Exia posted:

Episode out, very satisfying.

I’m gonna have to hard disagree here. The pathos of Al’s remorseful turn felt completely unearned, I was rolling my eyes during his entire pity party. The only thing that salvaged the episode for me was Euphie slapping him. I feel like maybe if we were given 2-3 more episodes to see a kinder side of the brother it might have worked?

Consider in Last Airbender how they are setting up Zuko’s turn for two entire seasons before it happens, and we learn to really love Zuko even as a villain, so it feels cathartic when he finally has his redemption. In this we have 6 straight episodes of him being an rear end in a top hat with maybe 12 total minutes of screen time. There’s just not enough time to make him more than two dimensional so a turn like this falls completely flat.

Not trying to poo poo on this show for the folks who are enjoying it but oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Great episode, I'm totally back on board with this show. And yeah I definitely agree at the hinting towards having Euphie and Anis' dads be former lovers. I am very curious to know what the price of the spirit contract is that Euphie will be entering into.